Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#241 Ang3lsDem0n

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 10 June 2015 - 05:19 PM, said:

It's camo per level of the pack you bought at the time... So, if you bought the Koala pack, you unlock Polygon for all 4 Wave III mechs. Only got the Eb Jag? You get Polygon unlocked for all variants of the mechs you bought. This only applies to those who purchased the package before the ORIGINAL Early adopter deadline. The Early-Early adopters. The deadline was extended after outcry of payday as well as wanting to see the rest of the concept art first, and they threw a bone to those who blindly spent money. Like me :3

And, lest ye ask... here is the official announcement:

http://mwomercs.com/...-adopter-reward

I saw it and it baffles me even more so now and brings up quite a few problems and questions.
1: What about those out there that own the Polygon cammo already? (Answered)
2: What uniqueness do those who purchased before Feb 28th have? None since this cammo pattern has been out for a long while and pretty much every other mech has access to it now.
3:Why oh why did they pick the worst and least used cammo pattern you've ever made in the game to give as a reward to those who took a leap of faith with you?

I mean a cammo pattern would be cool and all, but not one that is already in the game. A unique cammo pattern that only Wave 3 mechs would have would be nice, and only to those who purchased before Feb 28th. The current reward just makes me feel as if PGI is just being lazy now, Especially when it comes to clans.

I mean the clans get pretty much shafted when it comes to their premium pattern(invasion)
Wave1: Oh looks cool.
Wave2: Uh...um...It's the same...uh...Okay.
Wave3: Okay now you are just being bloody lazy, Enough with the copy and paste pattern here.

Edited by Ang3lsDem0n, 11 June 2015 - 06:40 AM.

#242 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:37 AM

View PostAng3lsDem0n, on 11 June 2015 - 06:34 AM, said:

I saw it and it baffles me even more so now and brings up quite a few problems and questions.
1: What about those out there that own the Polygon cammo already?
2: What uniqueness do those who purchased before Feb 28th have? None since this cammo pattern has been out for a long while and pretty much every other mech has access to it now.
3:Why oh why did they pick the worst and least used cammo pattern you've ever made in the game to give as a reward to those who took a leap of faith with you?

I mean a cammo pattern would be cool and all, but not one that is already in the game. A unique cammo pattern that only Wave 3 mechs would have would be nice, and only to those who purchased before Feb 28th. The current reward just makes me feel as if PGI is just being lazy now, Especially when it comes to clans.

I mean the clans get pretty much shafted when it comes to their premium pattern(invasion)
Wave3: Okay now you are just being bloody lazy, Enough with the copy and paste pattern here.

You clearly don't understand how camo works... You can't unlock a camo for ALL mechs, just all variants of one chassis. So the free unlock applies to mechs you can't possibly aoready have it for.

It was a freebie thrown in, they had no obligation to do it... Furthermore, it's one of the 'premium' patterns that cost the most MC next to the clan faction paint. Chill out.

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 11 June 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#243 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:42 AM

View PostKoniving, on 11 June 2015 - 05:24 AM, said:

At one point during the closed beta, there was talk of them potentially making and selling different external mech geometry customizations such as alternate Atlas heads.

I honestly am very happy that will not happen. These small modifications that are not very easy to access give a nice cosmetic reward to those that invest into the game.

I am very, very paranoid about model cosmetics. I've seen what it did to Team Fortress 2, where it lost all of its theme. And Planetside 2, where there's just tons and tons of different helmets to the point where it really doesn't matter anymore.

I'll take decals over Mech hats every time.

3:Why oh why did they pick the worst and least used cammo pattern you've ever made in the game to give as a reward to those who took a leap of fait... [shortened]

Look man, the reason why early adopter was extended was primarily because players outside the US get payday (eg.: my country) at the 10th or 15th. The fact that folks get something extra at all for the sole reason of having a different income system is great. I don't get why people get so entitled when it comes to bonus content.

I bought this pack for the mechs (though I will not recieve the 4th variant of the jag and executioner). And in the end, also for the extra premium time, camo patterns and cockpit items. But I knew I was going to get those. If I suddenly discovered I get more free **** on top, I'm not going to bother worrying if it's not the free **** I wanted.

Edited by signal, 11 June 2015 - 06:50 AM.

#244 Ang3lsDem0n

• PipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:59 AM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 11 June 2015 - 06:37 AM, said:

You clearly don't understand how camo works... You can't unlock a camo for ALL mechs, just all variants of one chassis. So the free unlock applies to mechs you can't possibly aoready have it for.

It was a freebie thrown in, they had no obligation to do it... Furthermore, it's one of the 'premium' patterns that cost the most MC next to the clan faction paint. Chill out.
I fixed the first part there and I admit that I forgot how the cammo there worked for a bit.

Well in fact they actually had to do it this time since a good number people who purchased befor Feb 28 just did so for that "freebie" of the 4th variant. Then it was essentially taken away, taking the meeaning of being that origonal early adopter away. Then PGI said they wanted to reward those who still took a leap of faith with them and i'm not sure it was only because they felt like being nice but also stay on the good side of the comminuty.

Now if we want to get into the cost of MC here we can. The Gladiator pack origionally was a 4th variant for each mech and i'm sure the total MC cost of those would of been upwards of 12K MC or more. 4 polygon cammo unlocks comes to 3k MC. Now I'm not as great with math as I once used to be but last I checked 3,000mc is much less than 12,000+mc here. Plus as I said above, the polygon cammo is the worst looking of the bunch and some like me want nothing to do with polygon. Maybe we'd want another cammo unlock and that one might just be 750mc instead of the 1250mc that the polygon is. This is why they should let us choose what cammo we want unlocked if they aren't going to make a unique one.

Edited by Ang3lsDem0n, 11 June 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#245 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:19 AM

View PostAng3lsDem0n, on 11 June 2015 - 06:59 AM, said:

Well in fact they actually had to do it this time since a good number people who purchased befor Feb 28 just did so for that "freebie" of the 4th variant. Then it was essentially taken away, taking the meeaning of being that origonal early adopter away. Then PGI said they wanted to reward those who still took a leap of faith with them and i'm not sure it was only because they felt like being nice but also stay on the good side of the comminuty.

As I have stated before, they set the date later for the people who were waiting for their paychecks. The fact that you get something at all for what is essentially a paper work correction that happens to favor you is a privilege. You got something free you never expected to, now you're complaining about how you want something else. Just don't use it if you don't like it, technically you were never supposed to get it anyway.

#246 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:33 AM

Can we get an option to ignore posters on the forums, and hide their posts from us? Some people just have nothing to contribute...

#247 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

Wow... the Ebon Jaguar might be the sexiest mech PGI has designed yet. Mark me impressed.

Edit: The Gladbag is looking great too. None of the doughboy looks of the Gargy. And that shield arm... Now I'm glad I picked up the Executioner pack.

Edited by Greenjulius, 11 June 2015 - 08:49 AM.

#248 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

Please refer to How Camo and Colours work

The Camo has to be custom made for every mech.
This is why we have unlocks per mech, rather than per camo.

So you're getting 1 Faction Camo (Value 1500MC), per Mech, per Faction Pack.

So, if you get the Hankyu Package (1 mech (3-4 variants), 1 faction pack), you get 1 Camo Unlock. for your Arctic Cheetah.
This means on your Arctic Cheetah, you get Standard and FACTION camo.

If you get the Gladiator Package (4 mechs (12-16 variants), 4 Faction Packs) and choose all 4 Faction Packs (rather than duplicates), you get 16 Camo Unlocks (4 per Mech Chasis), meaning each gets Standard, Wolf, Falcon, Jaguar, Bear Camo available.

If you get bonus Unlocks, it'll work the same.

Additionally, the Prime Invasion Variants come with an Invasion Camo, unique only to those mechs, in a unifying theme.
(Till now, not changeable, though supposedly unlockable soon.)

The problem with Wave III and repetitiveness is the colours.
R2 gets a potential 36 colours. And if you got R1, R2, you get the alt colours to replace the originals.
WII, WIII get the same 12 colours between them, meaning if you get both you lose the equivalent of US$60 value there.

edit - Also, Polygon is a Premium Camo, so it's an extra 5000MC, not 3000. I like Polygon. I'm OK with that.

Edited by Ovion, 11 June 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#249 SunderMK2

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 37 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe bar

Posted 11 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

It has to be said. The Ebon Jager is glorious, we all know that.
But I have seen something, that cannot be unseen - not even by unnamed legal departments.

On the Ebon Jager, dead center on top over the cockpit. Just why have you mounted an ancient Logitech webcam?

#250 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

View PostSunderMK2, on 11 June 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

It has to be said. The Ebon Jager is glorious, we all know that.
But I have seen something, that cannot be unseen - not even by unnamed legal departments.

On the Ebon Jager, dead center on top over the cockpit. Just why have you mounted an ancient Logitech webcam?

Missile guidance system? If you look back... A lot of mechs have that, actually. That, or a radar dish.

#251 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

reposting for everyone who is interested from here:
http://mwomercs.com/...62#entry4218262

View PostReno Blade, on 20 February 2015 - 03:45 PM, said:

Maybe these tonnage listings help people to decide:

from wave 1/2 :
Spoiler

Now Wave3:
Hankyu/Arctic Cheetah 30t, 130kph, 9.5t and 21 crits space (8tons with full armor)
73% ff armor and endo
10DHS

Shadow Cat 45t, 97kph, 17t and 23 crits space (16tons with full armor)
87% ff armor and endo
10DHS

Cauldron Born/Ebon Jaguar 65tons, 81kph, 30t and 33 crits space (28.5tons with full armor)
86% ff armor and endo
13DHS

Executioner/Gladiator 95t, 64kph, 26.5t and 30 crits space (24.5tons with full armor)
88% ff armor and std structure
16DHS

Now if we normalize all clan mechs to 16DHS and full armor these mechs have following free tonnages:

Koshi 0t
Arctic Cheetah 2t
Kitfox 8.5t
Adder 9.5t

Fenris 5t
Shadow Cat 10t
Nova 13t
Stormcrow 16.5t

Hellbringer 20t
Summoner 18.5t
MadDog 22t
Ebon Jaguar 25.5t
Timberwolf 26t

Gargoyle 19.5t
Executioner 24.5t
Warhawk 36t (4t already used by the 20DHS)
Direwolf 49t

#252 DeathsScythe

• Pip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:15 AM

Its my cauldron born and I want it now!!!

#253 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:19 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 11 June 2015 - 09:57 AM, said:

reposting for everyone who is interested from here:
http://mwomercs.com/...62#entry4218262

Great cheat sheet. Although it does not take into account that the normalized DHS count is nowhere near accurate when it comes to an appropriate amount of DHS in the light mech or medium category. For an extreme example, in the ARC, it is 2 tons with normalized DHS, yet you can pretty much use all of that 8 tons of pod space freely given what you can put in the mech. It also does not factor in that the heavier the mech is, the fewer locked in DHS, and the more ballistic points you have, the more you can utilize said hardpoints and gain little to nothing by adding more DHS then you already have, such as in the EBJ.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 11 June 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#254 Reno Blade

• The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 11 June 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

Great cheat sheet. Although it does not take into account that the normalized DHS count is nowhere near accurate when it comes to an appropriate amount of DHS in the light mech or medium category. For an extreme example, in the ARC, it is 2 tons with normalized DHS, yet you can pretty much use all of that 8 tons of pod space freely given what you can put in the mech. It also does not factor in that the heavier the mech is, the fewer locked in DHS, and the more ballistic points you have, the more you can utilize said hardpoints and gain little to nothing by adding more DHS then you already have, such as in the EBJ.

which is why I re-posted the whole post that state every stock tonnage (with stock armor and full armor). :)

#255 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:07 AM

Teehee, Ebon Jag is so tiny!

#256 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

Thank god, now maybe everyone can SHUT THE **** UP about how tall it looked.

#257 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

Judging by that video, it's almost certainly going to have a medium archetype. Even the Jager and Phract do and they're not as short.

Edited by FupDup, 11 June 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#258 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:12 AM

Wow, it's even smaller than I expected! No wonder why it has such big side torsos, arms and center torso (especially from the top) if it didn't at that size and armament then it would be completely and utterly overpowered, because it would be incredibly hard to hit. Scaling wise, the legs are quite long but they're squat, the torso sits low but it is very long, and the podspace is massive, but the arms and other hardpoints are big, so at the moment I feel that it is justifiable for it to be so small despite weighing 5 more tons than the mad dog.
(lore wise the mad dog is also an 86 years older design, so its modern design and recordedly simple construction could also be a reason for the space saving, but this is just fluff)

Then again, I expected for it's main chassis to be as tall as the center nose of the timber, and after making them overlap it actually is exactly that height.

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 11 June 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

Thank god, now maybe everyone can SHUT THE **** UP about how tall it looked.

I wish I could like this twice.

Edited by signal, 11 June 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#259 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:24 AM

View PostTalynn DeRaa, on 10 June 2015 - 04:01 PM, said:

Any chance we could get a side-view shot of the Cauldron Born in the mechlab? Would love to see how that thing looks from the side.

Sure! Here it is!

Posted Image

#260 Sandtiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 262 posts
  • LocationVernal Utah

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:28 AM

View PostJagdFlanker, on 09 June 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

i can't imagine there'l be quirks or nerfs for either.....yet.....

There will be. I give it two weeks to a month that they are viable mechs. Then all the players who can't afford them will complain they are overpowered and then the Nerf Hammer will drop. But hey, if you pay now, you can actually have equipment that is usable for a few weeks! Also, not to forget that the heavy handed nerfing of equipment is called..."Balance" For those people who can't actually aim straight ~grins.

66 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 66 guests, 0 anonymous users