Executioner And Ebon Jaguar Countdown: 0 Days Left!

717 replies to this topic

#261 MerryIguana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 627 posts
  • LocationLurksville

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

View PostTina Benoit, on 11 June 2015 - 11:24 AM, said:

Sure! Here it is!

Posted Image

Any chance we could see the gladiators backpack? Thanks Tina!

#262 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:33 AM

I wonder how it will look like without its missile pods, I liked the way they did it on the timber.
Also I am very hyped for the executioner now, because finally I will have a huge tall mech in my arsenal. Biggest thing I have at the moment is the Daishi, and its cockpit doesn't sit as high. Imagine something that big coming at you at ~90km/h

#263 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostSigilum Sanctum, on 11 June 2015 - 11:10 AM, said:

Thank god, now maybe everyone can SHUT THE **** UP about how tall it looked.

Good... I don't know why... but i want to rub that EBJ image to faces of people who defended the tall stature of timber, maddog and nova, saying it is impossible to do the animations if the stance was lower.

Where are you now, white knights?

Enough. I want to see lower stance on timbers, maddogs and novas.

#264 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:37 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 June 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Good... I don't know why... but i want to rub that EBJ image to faces of people who defended the tall stature of timber, maddog and nova, saying it is impossible to do the animations if the stance was lower.

Where are you now, white knights?

Enough. I want to see lower stance on timbers, maddogs and novas.

I think the Nova has a nice low stance, I'd just scale it a bit smaller. Mad cat is just fine, I like the way it looks at that height, I agree with the mad dog 100%, it could use a lower stance.

Out of all the mechs with problematic geometry though I really don't care if those three get fixed though, and the Nova is one of my favorite mechs.

Edited by signal, 11 June 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#265 SgtMagor

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

wow, looks like a medium size mech, to bad for the peeps who mistake this beast for some medium = lots of pain!

#266 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

Wow. The Cauldron Born is tiny. It should do really well at peeking and such. Looks great!

The Executioner is very tall, as tall as I expected it to be, about the height of a banshee. Good job art team!

#267 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:44 AM

Bullsh*t scaling continues.
Ugh.

#268 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:49 AM

jaguar is so sweet, I cannot wait :wub:

#269 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:52 AM

View PostFupDup, on 11 June 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

Judging by that video, it's almost certainly going to have a medium archetype. Even the Jager and Phract do and they're not as short.
Yup. Better agility than the Timberwolf on rough terrain (hoverjets notwithstanding)...

As far as I'm concerned, that totally cements it in utterly replacing the Timberwolf.

God, its sexy.

That front profile! It's so small, with skyhook primary hardpoints .. *whimpers*

I really hope it doesn't look weird and improbable when it moves.

Edited by Wintersdark, 11 June 2015 - 11:53 AM.

#270 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

View PostMerryIguana, on 11 June 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

Any chance we could see the gladiators backpack? Thanks Tina!

Here you go! And Cauldron Born's as well.

Posted Image

#271 Dekontoroga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 137 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:57 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 11 June 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

Yup. Better agility than the Timberwolf on rough terrain (hoverjets notwithstanding)...

As far as I'm concerned, that totally cements it in utterly replacing the Timberwolf.

God, its sexy.

That front profile! It's so small, with skyhook primary hardpoints .. *whimpers*

I wouldnt say it will replace the Timber, but a good alternative and more Variants of Mechs now on the Battlefield? Hell yes! Thats my main concern about the last Months now that you only see the "usual Metas" etc. but the smexy Ebon Jaguar / Couldron Born could be a nice new, and deadly!, view out there.

But seriously PGI made these two Mechs really good, congrats on that. Even the Executioner is better then i thought (wasnt really my Facourite so far) and its slim for his tonnage. All in all they almost made it 1:1 from the Art into the Game. My Favourites so far as i can tell.

#272 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:59 AM

Also: The Executioner looks like it'll be very tanky. Slender torso, more so than even the extremely tanky Banshee. With that horribly large engine, it'll twist obscenely fast.

I... I think I will indeed upgrade.

Damn you PGI.

#273 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

The Jag keeps looking better and better.

Still curious to see how the other variants look with the different shoulder weapon systems (I assume the vents go away on non-missile weapon racks), or with weapons entirely stripped out. But overall that's still a sexy mech, and the low profile/high hardpoint locations should work with my hill poking habits.

Thanks Tina :D

#274 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

That jag is one compact mofo. Going to be a nightmare in a dug-in defensive role and a real killer out on the field. I am just glad it has low-mounted arms or it would have been BiS all day long.

#275 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostDekontoroga, on 11 June 2015 - 11:57 AM, said:

I wouldnt say it will replace the Timber, but a good alternative and more Variants of Mechs now on the Battlefield? Hell yes! Thats my main concern about the last Months now that you only see the "usual Metas" etc. but the smexy Ebon Jaguar / Couldron Born could be a nice new, and deadly!, view out there.

But seriously PGI made these two Mechs really good, congrats on that. Even the Executioner is better then i thought (wasnt really my Facourite so far) and its slim for his tonnage. All in all they almost made it 1:1 from the Art into the Game. My Favourites so far as i can tell.

Timber vs. CB:

Armor: TBR has 48A, 64L/ST, 92CT vs. 40A, 60L/ST, 84CT. An advantage, but a small one.
Pod Space: The same.
Hardpoints: EBJ's are quite superior, raised shoulder mounts allowing hull-down fire
Profile: EBJ's is much smaller, with a ridiculously tiny front-on profile making it very easy to spread incoming damage while fighting (smaller twists allowing effective spreading). Low profile allows it to acheive a hull-down position under even small cover.
Jump Jets: Optionally on TBR; but grossly ineffective and eating precious pod space.
Agility: EBJ looks to have Medium archetype, causing pebbles and beetles to slow it's advance less, allowing it to climb over taller "too steep" obstacles (because speed drops to zero slower)
Speed: Same.
Tonnage: The EBJ allows a great deal more drop deck flexibility in CW. 65t allows things like bringing it AND a hellbringer and a couple stormcrows, and all sorts of other shiny options.
Quirks: Unknown, but presumably either the EBJ will have less negative quirks or the same sort. I can't see it having worse ones.
Bonus: Total sexiness superiority: EBJ.

So... the TBR has at most +8 pts of armor in a location; but only 4 more in the side torsos where your most frequent deaths will come from. It CAN take jump jets, but they are terrible. The EBJ is superior or equal in every other way.

Unless they totally screw up the EBJ's hitboxes or do something inexplicably crazy, it's at worst a lower tonnage drop-in replacement. At best, it's just flat out better.

#276 VanguardMk1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 220 posts
  • LocationDid you check your rear?

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:17 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 11 June 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Now that's some quick community service! That Jaguar keeps looking better and better :D

#277 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostAlexEss, on 11 June 2015 - 12:08 PM, said:

That jag is one compact mofo. Going to be a nightmare in a dug-in defensive role and a real killer out on the field. I am just glad it has low-mounted arms or it would have been BiS all day long.

Yup. And those "low mounted arms"? While they ARE problematic - more for the width than the height of the weapons, though - at least they are in essentially exactly the same position as the TBR arms, which aren't bad. On the EBJ, this actually brings them closer to cockpit height, too, which will make them appear higher in use.

#278 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:21 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 11 June 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

My god, the Ebon Jag is Nova sized? It just keeps getting better and better. It is so teeny and adorable! Cute Fox all grown up...

#279 Cervantes88

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:21 PM

Holy **** the Jaguar is small.

#280 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:27 PM

View PostCervantes88, on 11 June 2015 - 12:21 PM, said:

Holy **** the Jaguar is small.

:rolleyes:

Posted Image

Edited by Navid A1, 11 June 2015 - 12:28 PM.

51 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users