Having A Horrible Week

10 replies to this topic

#1 Bless_O_Blee

• PipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:51 PM

So my friend gifted me the urban mech bundle..... Spent almost a week eliteing them out, sold the 2 urbies I would never use and kept my one elited urbie that I do really well with. Love me some laser vomiters decided to buy a hunchback 4p. I hated it, meant to sell the hunchback but sold the urbie instead.[redacted]

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 14 June 2015 - 10:40 PM.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,586 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

View PostSTALKER OMEGA, on 09 June 2015 - 05:51 PM, said:

So my friend gifted me the urban mech bundle..... Spent almost a week eliteing them out, sold the 2 urbies I would never use and kept my one elited urbie that I do really well with. Love me some laser vomiters decided to buy a hunchback 4p. I hated it, meant to sell the hunchback but sold the urbie instead. [redacted]

Message support. They are very helpful and often times do a one time reversal, for mistakes such as this. They will probably restore your lost mech, and inform you to be VERY careful about future mech selling deals.

It may take a while though, they are backed up last I knew. Don't be surprised if it takes them a few days (or a week) to respond. Be patient.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 14 June 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#3 Bless_O_Blee

• PipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

View PostTesunie, on 09 June 2015 - 05:57 PM, said:

Message support. They are very helpful and often times do a one time reversal, for mistakes such as this. They will probably restore your lost mech, and inform you to be VERY careful about future mech selling deals.

It may take a while though, they are backed up last I knew. Don't be surprised if it takes them a few days (or a week) to respond. Be patient.

Ok so I tried going into the support tab to submit my problem, I cannot enter any of the links they have.

#4 Flu-Epidemic

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

Create a support ticket by sending it to accounts@mwomercs.com and explain to the the error of your ways. They will consider it as long as you include an Oracle.

Oh, and btw, u need to send an email, not click on the "links"

Edited by Flu-Epidemic, 09 June 2015 - 06:00 PM.

#5 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:00 PM

as they said you can try to contact the support and explain them this

also never sell anything, selling stuff and then re-buying when you realize you need it again hits your c-bill earnings hard

#6 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

So my friend gifted me the urban mech bundle..... Spent almost a week eliteing them out, sold the 2 urbies I would never use and kept my one elited urbie that I do really well with. Love me some laser vomiters decided to buy a hunchback 4p. I hated it, meant to sell the hunchback but sold the urbie instead. [redacted]

Try contacting MWO support, and see if they could revert it.

In the mean time, we can help you make the most out of the HBK-4P. It's a solid mech that can do some serious damage once you get the hang of it.

E-mail Account@mwomercs.com and general@mwomercs.com asking them to help you get back your Urbie, that you accidentally sold.

Be warned, it takes them an average of 8 days to resolve an issue (I haven't needed their help with something like that, but I contact moderation for reporting players, and that usually is handled quickly).

While you wait, how about telling us what it is you have on your HBK?

I recommend something like this (armor placement is accurate to what you should have):

HBK-4P Meltinator

I assume you are unfamiliar with Ghost heat?

Explanation in Spoiler:
Spoiler

View PostSTALKER OMEGA, on 09 June 2015 - 05:59 PM, said:

Ok so I tried going into the support tab to submit my problem, I cannot enter any of the links they have.

You don't go to the links. Those are e-mail addresses. E-mail account, and General.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 14 June 2015 - 10:42 PM.

#7 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 10 June 2015 - 12:48 AM

Once you get the Hunchy, or any mech for that matter, fully elited it becomes much easier to and more enjoyable to drive.

Just a question for you though, did you master the Urbies all the way, or stop once the one you wanted was fully elited?

#8 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:10 AM

Why would you give up on a mech before eliting it.. Out of all the HBK's this one needs elites the most.. It runs hot, but has lots of different builds that work, and is considered one of the better energy boats in the game.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 14 June 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#9 ProfessorD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:53 AM

Don't sell mechs.

It's a shame that everyone goes around impatiently expecting to use every mech they own at full effectiveness on their first run. This is part of what PGI actually did right with MWO: the subtle differences in handling, geometry, weapon position, and other little effects make each mech unique and really make a difference in matches. The flexibility of the mechlab means you will almost certainly not have a fully optimized build on your first try. So try it again!

Also, don't sell mechs.

#10 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:29 AM

You didn't like the HBK-4P?

Dude, that's one of the most fun Mechs in the game! :)

The other posters appear to have you covered on Support. Just e-mail them, politely describe the situation, and then wait patiently. I've had nothing but good experiences with Support and am confident that they'll do right by you.

#11 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:05 AM

If you like Laser boats, you do the Urbies roughly like this.
R60 - 2LL, max engine, fill leftover tonnage how you want (MGs, heat sinks, AMS, whatever)
R60L - 3LL, max engine, fill leftover tonnage how you want (MGs, heat sinks, AMS, whatever)
R63 - 2LL, ML or MPL, max engine, fill leftover tonnage how you want (MGs, heat sinks, AMS, whatever), you could do 3LL but it does not handle heat like the R60L.

Hunchback-4P has several different builds going for it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users