9 replies to this topic

#1 CoolLew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 224 posts
  • LocationInnersphere, Chaos March, Terra, South Carolina

Posted 09 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

I've Mastered my 3 chassis, and have nearly 50,000 XP on my fav mech, is there anything. I can do with this? besides spend MC to covert it to GXP?

#2 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 09 June 2015 - 10:08 PM

Not yet and possibly never. I have some mechs with over 2 million extra XP... Maybe one day they will find something to do with it other than spend MC and convert it but for now, yea, that's all you can do with it.

#3 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:17 AM

I always thought it would be nice to use a ton of mech XP to unlock a camo for that specific variant only.

Sort of a way of saying..."You are well known for piloting X mech in X variant, so it is like your own Hero mech". Sort of like that mech is part of your reputation, so it should be a bit custom.

It would have to be a huge amount of mech XP to do this. I'm thinking at least 500,000 XP and really maybe more than that. Not just because it takes a lot of piloting time to become notorious in mech, but also because camo is clearly a MC item only and an appearance item at that.

Something like that would allow all that XP to be used for something and it wouldn't adjust the mech's specs any further (like the other XP items).

It seems like a decent idea to me. Not like buying the camo wouldn't be far easier anyway. A half a million XP or more is a LOT of seat time in one mech.

#4 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:26 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 10 June 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

I always thought it would be nice to use a ton of mech XP to unlock a camo for that specific variant only.

That would be really cool. Great idea!

#5 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:38 AM

mention this alrdy in other topics. This game missing long term goals. Mastering a mech is mediocre. and the benefit of +1 module isnt enough. So basicly you end with eliting.

There have to be something to achiive lets say with 500k XP, and 1m XP.
Put there anything, free armory, free camo, one color of your choice for free, anything.
Game lacks deep progressing.

for example. put at 1m mech XP, mech badge.
not P2W, but totaly worth getting there.

#6 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:45 AM

I would love to be able to use the 2.6 million xp on my atlas-rs.
1 Mil of my dwf-p
1.2 Mil of my kitfox-p

something like a special unlock or something.

Edited by Navid A1, 10 June 2015 - 03:46 AM.

#7 Anarcho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 538 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

I would love some use for that extra xp too, but it wont be a good deal for PGI.

PGI gets money when people convert xp using MC
it would make people ise the same mech for longer, discouraging then to buy more mechs.
Thats why we need 3 variants to master a mech, so people buy more mechs or convert xp.

Maybe with some really stupid ratio like 100:1 we could convert the extra xp into cbills, this way wouldnt be so bad to PGI but still... will never happen :(

#8 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:23 AM

1 million xp : 10% cbills bonus
2 million xp : 20% cbills bonus
3 million xp: 30% cbill bonus

1 million xp on a prime/hero mech: allowed to change its camo.

#9 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:35 AM

It's a reason for you to buy MC. To convert it to GXP. That's why you can't do anything with it. PGI's gotta make its money wherever it can. Every little MC chit helps.

#10 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:20 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 10 June 2015 - 04:35 AM, said:

It's a reason for you to buy MC. To convert it to GXP. That's why you can't do anything with it. PGI's gotta make its money wherever it can. Every little MC chit helps.

honestly , its F2P, money are needed. But most F2P get core updates here and there every 3-6 months, and its not only red tank, blue tank, green tank,. you know , for the money they get....

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users