• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 June 2015 - 09:57 AM

This post got my attention, even though I think the analysis is totally flawed:
https://www.reddit.c...lp_from_any_is/

This is my current understanding of the Phoenix variant mech rewards... because the analysis there I believe is totally wrong...

1) Phoenix Mechs

Bringing 1 Phoenix Mech = +2.5% LP

Bringing 4 Phoenix Mechs (full deck) = +10% LP TOTAL (2.5% LP * 4 mechs = 10% LP bonus)

Note: My assertion here is that it is using the split C-bills modifier (7.5% C-bills bonus per mech, so having 4 "Hero"/Invasion/etc mechs will give you the total of 30% C-bill bonus).

2) Phoenix BRONZE Faction Medallions

Requirement: Medallion must be equipped in a mech within your dropdeck AND must be of the appropriate faction/contract.

I'm not sure which is the correct bonus structure, so I'll leave it to two possible options:

i) Bringing 1 Matching Phoenix Medallion = +1.25% LP

Bringing 4 Matching Phoenix Medallions = +5% LP

or

ii) Bringing 1 to 4 Matching Phoenix Medallions = +5% LP (flat bonus)

Just remember that the recent Phoenix tourney/event brought up the LP on the Bronze Medallions to 5%.

Also, I believe (and I could be totally wrong) that Rank 15 provides those same Phoenix Pack medallions.

Someone would need to provide verification for that (I don't know anyone @ Rank 15 that has the Phoenix Pack).

So, we need this cleared up for Science™ as people need to post their Faction Loyalty point screens AND post their dropdecks (ideally, posting a screenshot of your current dropdeck helps, or the mech XP screen) AND whether or not phoenix medallions are equipped (and if they are equipped, which faction they are for AND what faction you are in or the contract you had when that picture was taken).

I hate how this info is either wrong or at least unclear on how the bonus is calculated.

Edited by Deathlike, 10 June 2015 - 10:00 AM.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:18 AM

Subscribing to thread.... FOR SCIENCE!

Sadly, again I can't help. While I have all the mechs and medallions, I'm ghost bear and all those mean fanboys hated the idea of mixtech.

#3 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

His analysis is completely wrong - he's receiving the 10% Phoenix Mech bonus and nothing at all for the Loyalty medallions because none of them apply to FRR. The Phoenix Mech bonus is generic across any IS faction while the medallion bonus(es) are specific to a single faction.

My assumption is that Loyalty points are "divided up" amongst the participating Mechs evenly just like XPs are divided up. Which means that any single Phoenix Mech's bonus (or applicable Loyalty medallion) only applies to the share that it "earns".

Note that if I'm correct, if you somehow make it through an entire CW match and use only one Mech, and that one Mech happens to be a Phoenix Mech, then you'll earn your 10% bonus whether or not any of the other Mechs in your deck are Phoenix Mechs. Mechs that aren't used in CW don't receive a "share" of XPs, so I assume the same would apply to Loyalty points.

#4 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:31 AM

PGI announced a while back that, regardless of the number of Phoenix Mechs your run, you only get one multiplier. Thus, if I run all four of my (P) variants, I only get one 10% modifier rather than 4x10%.

The same foes for medallions. The medallions will stack with the Mech bonus, but Mech bonuses do not stack with each other, nor do Medallions stack with each other.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 June 2015 - 04:05 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 10 June 2015 - 11:31 AM, said:

PGI announced a while back that, regardless of the number of Phoenix Mechs your run, you only get one multiplier. Thus, if I run all four of my (P) variants, I only get one 10% modifier rather than 4x10%.

The same foes for medallions. The medallions will stack with the Mech bonus, but Mech bonuses do not stack with each other, nor do Medallions stack with each other.

I would still like pictures... because I don't entirely believe what PGI has said regarding that (we're still running in the depressed Paulconomy of 2013).

#6 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 10 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 10 June 2015 - 04:05 PM, said:

I would still like pictures... because I don't entirely believe what PGI has said regarding that (we're still running in the depressed Paulconomy of 2013).
And even if that's what its supposed to do, it may well be bugged. Always best to collect evidence and measure where we can.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users