Daily Missions

44 replies to this topic

Poll: Daily Missions (235 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to have daily missions?

1. Voted Yes (205 votes [87.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.23%

2. No (30 votes [12.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Araevin Teshurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 368 posts
  • LocationIn your base, eating your food!

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:01 AM

I agree with daily objectives; simple objetives give simple rewards, harder and more time consuming objectives would give larger rewards.
However, PGI needs to be more creative then what you suggested.
These objectives should come from the controlling House/Clan, and should not be available to non-unit players.
The objectives should be tied to something meaningful; like, conduct solo recon on Planet X, and have us play a map against an NPC or two and turrets.
In order to do the objective, it should cost some c-bills to take the contract - no risk, no reward.

This game could be so much more.

#22 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:01 AM

voted yes, there are tons of posiblities what and how to make it interesting.

#23 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

Payday 2 has something similar to this.

It'd definitely spice things up.

#24 Death Proof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 546 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:47 AM

I like the idea of a "daily mission" but I think the missions should be something more interesting than simply playing 'x' number of matches every time.

While, I guess that would be ok, I'd also like to see achievement type stuff like:

Score 3 kills in a single match +450 GXP
Kill an Clanner with an IS mech +250,000 C-Bills
Get the highest score in a match +125 MC

Otherwise, good idea! I voted yes.

#25 Apophis Prime

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostDeath Proof, on 04 August 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

I like the idea of a "daily mission" but I think the missions should be something more interesting than simply playing 'x' number of matches every time.

While, I guess that would be ok, I'd also like to see achievement type stuff like:

Score 3 kills in a single match +450 GXP
Kill an Clanner with an IS mech +250,000 C-Bills
Get the highest score in a match +125 MC

Otherwise, good idea! I voted yes.

I like this idea as well o7

#26 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,594 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 August 2015 - 08:13 AM

I'm unsure as to how interesting daily missions could be in the current game, but I'm all for the idea.

They need to give a massive bonus to C-bills.

#27 CptSmileyMelendez

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:04 PM

I definitely support a mission/daily quest system!

#28 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,594 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

Holy necroposting, Batman!

#29 Botaine

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationUSA EVERYDAY

Posted 22 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

What about a C-bill bonus for the first win of the day or something like that? Maybe we could use a daily quest system how Blizzard does in Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm. You get a new quest each day that takes 15-30 minutes to complete, and you can store 3 quests. So you can play once every three days for 45-90 minutes and still get all the quests done. We would call them missions or daily objectives or similar since this isn't a fantasy game.

Edited by Lehv, 23 April 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#30 MauttyKoray

• 2,831 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 07:00 AM

I'd say yes, this is a tried and proven method of giving players something to do each day in games that can be a little grindy, especially F2P titles.

#31 The Wolfpack75

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 57 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:50 AM

View Postffofy7891, on 10 June 2015 - 02:00 PM, said:

It would be REALLY nice if PGI implemented some sort of daily mission system, similar to what most other free-to-play games have. I believe it would give players incentive to play more frequently. What each mission would give could vary. C-Bills seems like the obvious choice, however it's possible it may negate the need for premium time which would hurt PGI financially. A small amount might be okay though. Another option may be weapons and/or modules. Being able to earn modules like Radar Dep and Improved Gyros (without needing to spend 6,000,000 C-Bills) would make our time in-game so much better. Consumables would also be a useful reward. They are already widely used, so earning them rather than buying them would save players C-Bills.

Here are some examples of possible daily missions...

- "Win 3 matches in Skirmish mode ($250,000 C-Bills)"
- "Win 10 matches in Conquest mode (Module - Radar Deprivation)"
- "Win 5 matches in Assault mode (Consumable - Priority Artillery Strike)"

There could be a button at the bottom right next to the friend list button. Click it and the Daily Missions window pups up. All current missions are shown with the tracker next to them. For example, "Win 3 matches in Skirmish Mode - 1/3". A player receives a new daily every day and can stack up to three (or five) at a time. Once you complete a mission, a slot opens up so you can receive a new one the next day.

I would love to know what the rest of the MWO community thinks of this idea. I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this, but I haven't seen any topics in the forums about it so I thought I'd spearhead it and see who else agrees. Vote and share your thoughts below Posted Image

Honestly would love to see this BUT not have it tied to wins. Have it damage based or Kill Assists based, etc. Getting a win in Solo queue some days can be impossible and tying a daily mission to wins could cause a lot of frustration.

#32 MW222

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 620 posts
  • LocationWay, Way Over there, Face North turn left or was that right?

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:56 PM

I got to say (NO) PGI would just screw it up like they did scouting and intel by making them a Mech centric thing like they created the stormcrow groups for the intel missions.

#33 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 10 May 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostMW222, on 04 May 2016 - 10:56 PM, said:

I got to say (NO) PGI would just screw it up like they did scouting and intel by making them a Mech centric thing like they created the stormcrow groups for the intel missions.

wut?

#34 Miles McQuiston

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Double cbill bonus just like double XP for first win of the day. Coding is essentially done, and will get more people on piloting a variety of mechs.

#35 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:14 AM

I do not think daily missions would increase the population, and play is selfish enough at weekends during events.

world of warships/tanks/aeroplanes, Armoured Warfare all do missions or log in rewards, and I chose to play a game that has none, because I prefer it.

#36 Vahgus

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationThe other end of that ER PPC that just hit you.

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

I have to admit when I hear or read the words daily mission I think pve. I actually hate pvp games modes. Not because they lack fun since for many they really are fun.

I hate pvp, because any daily missions or matches just seem like hollow victories after a while. That giant space gun in faction play is a good example.

How about having an actual mission where I have to go and destroy or defend a mech or weapon factory. Personally I think this game would be more fun with actual missions taken from the previous pve games that substituted the player base for AI. You know capturing a convoy would once in a while might cure my periodic boredom.

Put in actual missions first then look at dailies!

#37 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

As long as we have some sort of event running quite frequently I don't think we need dailies or weeklys.

When it stops it would be nice to have some simple tasks like "kill 5 mechs, get X Cbills".
Frankly some of the latest events seamed to overcomplicate things to justifiy a higher reward?
I would prefere a lower reward if thats the case. Something you can do while you play anyway. It would also reduce the effect of people kinda loosing the game to chase after a specific objectiv.

#38 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:48 PM

I notice that the missions are more fun when it changes up the gameplay, so just voting for map (x) seems dull.

With the events where people need to change it up a little like using a weapon or something else, it's a bit more fun.

#39 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:39 AM

Actually, you know what these are?

These are a daily MERC CONTRACT or MISSION.

Like, here are the 3 missions of the day, complete 1 to earn X.

#40 Its my first day

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

Sounds pretty good to me. I like the events, though, so maybe the daily usually being lower tier stuff and the events having more variety like they do now? I think it would probably incentivize play more.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users