- - - - -

Game Dumps Me To Desktop

10 replies to this topic

#1 StormAngel

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Just downloaded and installed tonight. Ran through the tutorial just fine, explored the mech lab, tried to connect to a game and, without error or warning game just quit.

I restarted and tried to "rejoin" and the exact same thing happened.

Running Windows 8.1 64-bit
16 gigs RAM
AMD Radeon R7 200 series with updated drivers
Intel i5 quad core 3.3GHz
And more than 800 gigs free on my 1T hard drive.
Internet is Comcast Xfinity speedtesting around 100Mbps

Not a great start for a new player who might have been interested in getting serious and investing in this game...

#2 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

it happens to me too, from time to time... and that's not all! sometimes the game will not crash but mid match it will read: disconnected from game server.
sometimes you try and join a match and it says "connecting" on a black screen without anything happening; endlessly - you can leave it 3 days (although that's a network error more than a software bug - but still no failsafe is programmed for it)
i wish i could tell you that your problem is unique and that you can do a driver download to fix it, lol!!! but no, maybe they will fix that at some point soon-ish. if you have no patience for it (i barely do) then try and come back at a later date might get better

#3 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:26 PM

Often this is a hardware issue on your computer, like over heating, RAM not seated, etc. So do a once over and check that out...

Also how good is your ISP? Router? 100mbs is fine but if you router limits you to then its for naught.

What client are you running? 32 or 64 bit?

Have you ran the repair tool yet?

Wireless internet? Or directly plugged in?

I know some of that might seem silly but im trying to get the whole picture....

#4 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:14 AM

Is this a new computer? Just curious because I built my son a brand new computer but I had to get some files (related to DX I think) from the Microsoft website for the game to run.

#5 StormAngel

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:38 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 11 June 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Often this is a hardware issue on your computer, like over heating, RAM not seated, etc. So do a once over and check that out...

My system is new - newly built by me, and it handles much more extraordinary games than MWO without difficulty, I don't think my RAM is overheating or mis-seated, but I'll double check.

Also how good is your ISP? Router? 100mbs is fine but if you router limits you to then its for naught.

Router is not a limitation. We're paying for 50mbs, but speedtest.net says my computer is getting ~106mbps. Got no complaints with Internet or download speeds elsewhere.

What client are you running? 32 or 64 bit?

The game is running the 64 bit, though I don't remember telling it to install that...I guess the installer figured it out automatically based on the rest of my Operating System.

Have you ran the repair tool yet?

There's a repair tool? :)

Wireless internet? Or directly plugged in?

Direct.

#6 StormAngel

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

View Postmailin, on 12 June 2015 - 04:14 AM, said:

Is this a new computer? Just curious because I built my son a brand new computer but I had to get some files (related to DX I think) from the Microsoft website for the game to run.

Which files? I game quite a bit on this system and don't have problems elsewhere, but if they aren't a normal part of the DX install, maybe...

#7 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, I know. What I wound up doing was completely uninstalling C++ and then reinstalling the C++ redistributable and that took care of the problem on his 64 bit Win 8.1 system. Never had any problems on his system since. I really hope this helps you out.

The strange thing is that I built my Win 7 system the year before for MWO and never had any issues with those files.

#8 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:04 AM

View PostAngelAuthor, on 12 June 2015 - 10:38 AM, said:

The game is running the 64 bit, though I don't remember telling it to install that...I guess the installer figured it out automatically based on the rest of my Operating System.

As of the latest patch I had the same thing happening. I switched over to 32 bit and everything is running fine, so that's something to try. From the launcher you can click the settings (the gear in the top right corner) and force MWO to run in 32 bit mode.

#9 StormAngel

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

View PostDarwins Dog, on 12 June 2015 - 11:04 AM, said:

As of the latest patch I had the same thing happening. I switched over to 32 bit and everything is running fine, so that's something to try. From the launcher you can click the settings (the gear in the top right corner) and force MWO to run in 32 bit mode.

Thanks, that was it... Fixed now!

#10 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:42 AM

You should email support and work with them to find the problem and fix it. Mwo really runs better in 64 bit but it's newer and probably has more bugs.

#11 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 07:53 AM

View PostAngelAuthor, on 11 June 2015 - 09:49 PM, said:

Just downloaded and installed tonight. Ran through the tutorial just fine, explored the mech lab, tried to connect to a game and, without error or warning game just quit.

I restarted and tried to "rejoin" and the exact same thing happened.

Truth be told... this sounds like the IP conflict I have with Nexon's games. This is because my external IP and internal IP are two different things and Nexon's (another developer of lesser and more kid-friendly f2p games) game clients have an issue with it.

The issue exclusively shows up the second I try to launch. It doesn't kick me to the desktop right away, but immediately has me disconnected at launch so I can't participate (and have huge hits to my kdr) and when I try to return to the main menu it crashes to desktop.

Having my computer connect directly to the router rather than a network hub connected to the router has been a way to get around that... but then I can't connect my house's 3 other computers.

Edited by Koniving, 13 June 2015 - 07:57 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users