5 replies to this topic

#1 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:20 PM

I've tried in 2 matches and happened 2 times. Both MASC and JJ are not on toggle and I don't use speed decay. For some reason when using both at the same time (as far as I've seen doesn't matter which order) your JJ's get stuck and your mech starts doing a left turn like I have a joystick connected that's not centered properly (and I don't have a joystick).

It's impossible to aim, impossible to play at that point since you can't go reverse as well.

Anyone else had that problem?

#2 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:50 PM

Could be an issue with your keyboard actually. Some keyboards only allow you to press so many buttons at once (cheaper ones might be around 2-4 max, while 6 simultaneous is the highest amount possible via USB). Could conceivably come up more often if you're moving/turning/jumping/masc'ing and whatever else.

Just a thought, maybe try with another keyboard if you have one?

Edited by Luscious Dan, 16 June 2015 - 01:12 PM.

#3 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 16 June 2015 - 12:50 PM, said:

Could be an issue with your keyboard actually. Some keyboards only allow you to press so many buttons at once (cheaper ones might be around 2-4 max, while 6 simultaneous is the highest amount possible via USB). Could conceivably come up more often if you're moving/turning/jumping/masc'ing and whatever else.

Just a thought, maybe try with another keyboard if you have one?

I do have one of the "10 keys at once" false advertising keyboards :P but granted the USB does let 6 keys still Forward, JJ, MASC and 2 axis on mouse (which is separate USB) is still "5 keys" and should not lock up.

Will do some further testing (have 5 keyboards laying arround).

#4 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:21 AM

Lol its NOT a keyboard thing. I have tried it multiple times in testing grounds. When u use MASC+Jump Jets together, the Executioner accelerates IN THE AIR (lol!) and then the throttle is "stuck" to maximum and Jumps jets are constantly "drained". Good Job QA :D

EDIT: Also can be reproduced when using "throtte step up" key

Edited by Brut4ce, 17 June 2015 - 01:40 AM.

#5 Thunderchild

• PipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 49 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:51 AM

View PostBrut4ce, on 17 June 2015 - 01:21 AM, said:

Lol its NOT a keyboard thing. I have tried it multiple times in testing grounds. When u use MASC+Jump Jets together, the Executioner accelerates IN THE AIR (lol!) and then the throttle is "stuck" to maximum and Jumps jets are constantly "drained". Good Job QA :D

EDIT: Also can be reproduced when using "throtte step up" key

Tried 2nd keyboard. Tried PS2 legacy keyboard :P (yes I have it still).
Locks up. Either throttle or turning (whichever button you pressed at the time).

#6 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:01 PM

Ok after some further investigation and testing here's the situation in my case at least;
If a combination of keys is used that is ALSO used by Windows 7 to perform some function, then game controls get bugged if that combination is used in game and has control keys mapped to those keys. For example;

In my case windows 7 use left ALT + left SHIFT to change the keyboard language. I had JJs mapped to left shift and MASC to left ALT. So when i pressed both keys in game then the mech controls got "stuck" with the JJs not recharging and the mech would not respond to throttle input keys.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users