Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:15 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b7d901784b32976

ENF-4R

Weapons:

2x ER Large Laser

1x AC/10

Mobility: XL245

79.4 (87.3 W/Speed Tweak)

Edited by Demarticus, 17 June 2015 - 02:16 AM.

#62 Puff0tter

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:18 AM

Here my suggestion (not very spectecular though)

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3726ff1a160643d

XL255, AC 10, 1x LL, 3x ML, 3 JJ

Edited by Mance Raider, 17 June 2015 - 03:19 AM.

#63 Snowfyre

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:15 AM

Here's my suggestion: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dd5120239daf8f3

It's a more new player friendly build, so near max armor, no XL engines, good heat efficiency so you don't worry as much about heat management spamming your weapons. Still can fight after loosing either one of the side torsos. Also uses most of the quirks (except the large laser) and no ghost heat.

STD 250 (81.0 kmph stock)
AC 10 with 3.5 tons of ammo
5 small lasers
2 jump jets
1 extra heat sink
FF, endo steel, DHS

#64 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:50 AM

View PostRuuki, on 16 June 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

ENF-4R(C)

Nuf said.

If you just hit the endo steel button you can add 2 more heat sinks and an additional jump jet...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3ec498c7424cc98

#65 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:55 AM

I am having so much fun with the ENF-4P and the ac20 of death.......

hrmm need to think this one

#66 warner2

• 1,101 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:07 AM

I liked all of the 5 MPL standard engine builds which performs well with patience. A MPL range module really helps that build, however.

#67 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:08 AM

Champion builds will be used by new players as trial mechs. That means they need to be easy to play. Lasers are the easiest weapons to use. Therefore I chose the following build. It's a little different than what I run personally, but should be more heat neutral for the inexperienced player.

Double HS plus 6
Endo Steel structure
2 Large Lasers
3 Medium Pulse Lasers
XL260 Engine
4 Jump Jets

"Apollos"

Jody

#68 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:33 AM

ENF-4R

Kept it reasonably simple, moves fast enough but not so fast that a new player will get dizzy trying to use it.
RA: LB 10-X, 2 tonnes ammo
LT: large laser
LA: 3 x medium pulse

XL225 engine, stock jump jets, nearly-but-not maxed armour, double heat sinks to attempt to keep it cooler

#69 HerDinky

• PipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:33 AM

I wanted my build to be affordable yet fun and usable so I kept the standard 200 engine and used all the weapon slots available. Jump Jets give the mech manoeuvrability while the double heatsinks allow all the weapons to be fired at once more then once.

ENF-4R

#70 HeliosRX

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:08 AM

Let's try another one with a Standard Fusion engine instead of an XL, because newbies are unlikely to appreciate death after the loss of a side torso. My attempt yielded this:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...6266bf89dd1b3fe

It runs a tad hot without extra double heatsinks but the main focus is the big gun anyway. 4 Mediums split between the arm and the torso highlight the aiming difference without being annoying to manage, and the AC10 in the right arm both adheres to the lore of the mech and has a hefty set of quirks turning it into a powerful main gun. A full 3 tons of ammo means that newbies can hold down that firing button for a good while before ammo concerns even come into play. It even manages to keep up with the other XL builds in the thread by using a STD250 and 2 jump jets, facilitated by the addition of both Endo Steel and Ferro Fibrous upgrades.

#71 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:19 AM

augh what is with the posting this morning? see couple posts down

Edited by BigBadVlad, 17 June 2015 - 06:49 AM.

#72 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:22 AM

I'm not taking part in the builds raffle, but I do want to say that a Standard Engine is a Must.

We must not chose a champion that we would like to play as reasonable experienced people, we have to remember that these (C) mechs are the ones the new starts will use, they have to learn a lot and an XL engine isn't going to help them.

The community complains to P.G.I on how bad the new player experience is, so don't make it worse and vote in an XL to increase the new starts pain.

#73 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:26 AM

Using an XL depends on the Mech model so you can make XL builds of certain Mechs that even new people use.
This is not liek the XL Stalker, that thing you get shot from the side, it is easy to get killed because of the long side profile. The Enforcer does not have that issue that is part of what makes it use XL so much better.

#74 Rayne Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVickers Mining Co. Trellshire Province, Lyran Commonwelth. Hollers, Derf

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:29 AM

I put together a quick build that I think provides the best balance you can do with this chasis, while playing to the quirks the mech has:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...640a66d76f454e8

It carries both the AC-10 and the Large laser the Mech is quirked for, with not too much, but enough ammo (3 tons) if you're careful with your shots. The AC-10 and LL have the same rage profiles so can be used together. The rest of the energy hard points are filled with small lasers to use the least weight, and help with heat efficiency. I had wanted to stick to a standard engine, but you just sacrifice too much doing that, I maxed out the armor as best as I could, reducing it to balance the weight out and still allow for a fast engine, adding as many heat-sinks as the Mech could then handle. Will move at 83.8 with speed tweak and can be handled with 3 triggers (Large Laser, AC-10, all smalls). The only thing you could do is sacrifice a bit of speed to max out the armor and drop in a lower engine. This is probably the build I would run if I had an Enforcer 4R, please give it your consideration. I would certainly buy one if it were a Champion.

#75 BigBadVlad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 242 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:29 AM

heh many similar builds....

AC10, 5 mediums, AMS. Leaves no crits unused... (drop the AMS for another ton of AC ammo if you prefer)

Only 2 weapons to pick quirks for, for me it's AC10 cooldown 5 and Medium Laser Range 5.

Have had success using the jets to get above enemies, peek out above them, give'em everything, pull back, Rinse and repeat. When she gets hot, chain fire or a weapons group with the AC and the 3 arm lasers.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d0db364b824de2a

wow this thread got busy...

#76 Rayne Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 115 posts
  • LocationVickers Mining Co. Trellshire Province, Lyran Commonwelth. Hollers, Derf

Posted 17 June 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostCathy, on 17 June 2015 - 06:22 AM, said:

We must not chose a champion that we would like to play as reasonable experienced people, we have to remember that these (C) mechs are the ones the new starts will use, they have to learn a lot and an XL engine isn't going to help them.

Normally, I'm right there with you on the Standard Engine bandwagon, but the Enforcer is a fairly fast medium with jumpjets, it sacrifices too much by not using an XL, this isn't an XL Atlas or XL Hunchback. It's also primarily going to fight at range with AC-10 and Large Laser (if you build to the quirks) you have enough mobility to try and stay clear, and (using my posted build at least: can skirmish up close with the small lasers). I believe the Enforcer requires an XL.

#77 Treysef

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:46 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8a1fd6fbbc4c3e2

You gotta put an XL in to run anything worth while, otherwise you're lacking on ammo and mobility. It's built around the AC/10 and MLAS quirks and carries enough ammo to make use of the AC/10 quirks. Near max armor, near max engine, max jumpjets, three extra heatsinks so it's not unbearably hot without basics. I would have loved to have this as a trial mech back in Open Beta.

View PostRayne Vickers, on 17 June 2015 - 06:33 AM, said:

Normally, I'm right there with you on the Standard Engine bandwagon, but the Enforcer is a fairly fast medium with jumpjets, it sacrifices too much by not using an XL, this isn't an XL Atlas or XL Hunchback. It's also primarily going to fight at range with AC-10 and Large Laser (if you build to the quirks) you have enough mobility to try and stay clear, and (using my posted build at least: can skirmish up close with the small lasers). I believe the Enforcer requires an XL.

Don't forget just how tanky the Enforcer is, I've had mine down below 30% with all components still attached. This thing twists and takes damage like a boss.

#78 Raubwurst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,284 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:59 AM

Spoiler

Weapons:
LB10X + 3MPL

Speed: 81 / 89.1 kph

Heat: Cooling Efficiency of 52%. Especially with the MPL in Chainfire you can use all of your weapons without much trouble of heat. Thus you can concentrate on other parts of the gameplay (good for new ones, they don't have to bother with overheat, but can concentrate on firing and moving).

Difficulty:
Easy to play (good for new players).
This variant can be played with little time to get used to it. You only need two to three weapongroups (1. 3xMPL; 2. LB10X; 3. 3xMPL Chainfire) to get control of all of your weapons.
With about 80 kph it isn't the fastes of mechs, but it allows you to follow the team and don't be left behind.
The combination of MPL and LB10X provides a good starting ground to fight light mechs. The LB10X spread will make it easier to hit the target, even if you are not that used to the game's control and the MPLs give you da decent demage output against enemies of your own weight class.
Especially the usage of pulse vs normal lasers allows you to make damage in a shorter time, this should be helpful for unexperienced players who find it hard to follow the enemies movement.
The jump jets let you maneuver in higher areas, from where you can get a height advantage and which will also allow you to get faster out of sight, if you are spotted.

Ammo:
52 Shots of LB10X, even after you are out of ammo you have a decend backup of 3MPL, which can be quite enough in the late game. In most games the 52 Shots will be enough to make a decent damage output.

Weakness:
- XL Engine
- Low Backarmor
- Not optimal usage of present quirks
- Not optimal usage of hardpoints

Comment:
This build is used by me on my ENF-5D, but it can be adapted to this chassis without a problem.
In my experience it is a good build, which is easy to adapt to.
The usage of the LB10X versus A ) enemies far away and B ) light 'Mechs is a thing new players can learn quite fast in comparision to single-shooting ACs.

Smurfy-Link:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cb5cdb7d3416de6

Edited by Raubwurst, 17 June 2015 - 10:32 AM.

#79 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:08 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4c518e00fb59b7b
1x Gauss, right hand
3xMedium, left hand for close-range combat
1xER Laser, torso (to assist with Gauss snipering, as hands precision is not needed)
BAP to see further

#80 Exotic

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:09 AM

ENF-4R

Quirks is pretty clear here, so there is no much options to build this mech - AC/10 and 2 LLs.

Question only - how much ammo to load and where to place ammo and LLs. Plus armor distribution and engine selection.

So, there is my variant.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users