#1 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

Dear PGI,

You ruined all of my builds! I'm now required to put armor in my ST to survive with an XL! You monsters!

Thank you,

Guy with a torch and many pitchfork bearing friends

PS: Thanks PGI we've been asking for this for... oh... ever since closed beta. Better late than never though.

#2 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 16 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

Maybe the catapult and dragon will get a hitbox adjustments too!
The answer is probably no.

#3 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:02 PM

I haven't had time to test as yet.

How many matches have you run? I've seen people talking about it being more survivable, but i'm wondering if that feeling has been established over a lot of matches to rule out luck, or in my case, really really wishful thinking.

#4 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 16 June 2015 - 07:59 PM, said:

Maybe the catapult and dragon will get a hitbox adjustments too!
The answer is probably no.

The Dragon already did. One of the first. It isnt so bad anymore IMO, retained enough CT hitbox to keep it's personality, but not like it used to be where you could strip armor on the ST, in a 60 ton mech.

Catapult got.... a cockpit hitbox adjustment. I dont recall if it saw anything else. It could probably stand a little bit of the jenner treatment IMO, to easy to hit it on the nose even when it is twisted.

View PostKiiyor, on 16 June 2015 - 08:02 PM, said:

I haven't had time to test as yet.

How many matches have you run? I've seen people talking about it being more survivable, but i'm wondering if that feeling has been established over a lot of matches to rule out luck, or in my case, really really wishful thinking.

I have shot at enough of them tonight, I can say the ST are taking some dmg now. I saw a lot more running around with exposed CT, AND ST, instead of just getting its face blown off.

#5 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostEldagore, on 16 June 2015 - 08:19 PM, said:

The Dragon already did. One of the first. It isnt so bad anymore IMO, retained enough CT hitbox to keep it's personality, but not like it used to be where you could strip armor on the ST, in a 60 ton mech.

Catapult got.... a cockpit hitbox adjustment. I dont recall if it saw anything else. It could probably stand a little bit of the jenner treatment IMO, to easy to hit it on the nose even when it is twisted.

I have shot at enough of them tonight, I can say the ST are taking some dmg now. I saw a lot more running around with exposed CT, AND ST, instead of just getting its face blown off.

Sounds great then!

Posted Image

#6 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

Can confirm, had multiple matches where I had everything or nearly everything open before dieing or winning the match.

#7 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:09 PM

They need to fix the kitfox's sh*t hitboxes.

#8 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

Piloted Sarah's Jenner five matches and felt comfortable with my 8/8 side torsi armor the whole time. I hate to say it, but maybe she was overlooked?

#9 Funkin Disher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 590 posts
  • LocationPPC Apocalypse Bunker, Sydney

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:18 AM

I died to side torso loss tonight.

Was surprisingly refreshing.

#10 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:25 AM

Good to hear that it seems to be a successful adjustment.

About a few months ago I was bored (wewe hadn't received the Resistance II pack yet), so I decided I was finally going to work on my Jenner that I hadn't touched since closed beta (still had SHS equipped).

I played a few matches and was like...NOPE! and I put it back away. It was a running CT.

Now that the adjustments to its CT have been made, I might try again after my Zeus's get leveled up.

#11 topgun505

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:08 AM

I actually had a ST opened this morning and still had armor on my CT. Previously that would almost never have happened so it is a noticeable change. Does it make it significantly more survivable? Too early to say. Lot more testing is needed. But I am (cautiously) optimistic. I may not have to sell all 4 of my Jenners after all (had actually been considering it).

@ Kiiyor ... that pic made my day. Just awesome.

Edited by topgun505, 17 June 2015 - 04:09 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users