Remove Xsolla

39 replies to this topic

#21 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:46 PM

Xsolla also adds itself automatically, without any confirmation, to the "appoved payments" list. Beware of this. I have to delete the approved list every time I make a payment.
The previous transactions were better.

#22 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:29 AM

I too can't make a payment. PGI needs to get with the program on these payment systems. I've lost count on how many they have had. The last one actually worked properly after they did alot of work.

Edited by scgt1, 10 July 2015 - 05:29 AM.

#23 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:32 AM

I had the same issues with Xsolla, their old system was better. I contacted support because though Xsolla said my purchase did not go through I had a pending charge from them on my account. This was my 2nd attempt to use them, like others have said my first attempt was flagged by my bank as fradulent and I had to call to get it approved.

Long story short I was assured there would be no charges with that transaction so I just used paypal instead--if you need to use a CC Paypal now takes those as well as debit and direct transfers.

Edited by Kain Demos, 10 July 2015 - 09:33 AM.

#24 Azathoth Z

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 11:48 AM

Terrible problems as well, trying to pay via paypal.

Originating purchases via the MWO/Xsolla website seemed to work fine, but PayPal was refusing to let me log in to pay (presumably the MWO/Xsolla back-end was not originating transactions to PayPal correctly, such that PayPal had no idea what I was doing trying to log in to complete non-existent transactions). I spent hours trying to arbitrate between PayPal and Xsolla support, trying to get transactions to go through. Both pointed the finger at the other, and I was unable to resolve the issue.

In thje middle of trying to reproduce one of these failed transactions, so that I could capture screen shots at each stage of the process to document things to Xsolla/PayPal... things suddenly started working! (I assume someone at Xsolla restarted some backend software component, which cleared the problem.) I was able to complete a few transactions successfully (for a couple of bundles and some MC). The results were delivered to my account and could be accessed in-game.

Then things "broke" again (trying to preorder an Origins IIc bundle).

This time, everything seemed to process all the way through MWO/Xsolla, and I was able to log in and complete transactions at the PayPal end, only to have the MWO website sit and spin for 10+ minutes, fail the transaction, and originate a refund request to PayPal ("Unfortunately we cannot process your payment at this time", yadda yadda). All of the debit activity appears on my credit card as pending (so this was not a consequence of credit card charges being declined), without any of the refunds/credits being reflected (yet).

This appears to be exactly as other recent posters to this thread have described.

I am going to wait 24 hours and see if the refunds process correctly through PayPal, such that I end up paying only for what I received. If not, I assume I will need to document all of this to Xsolla and get them to arrange additional refunds.

I am sitting here just shaking my head. Really cryptic. Don't these people want our money?

Edited by Azathoth Z, 11 July 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#25 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

Has anyone with PGI even seen this thread or is it being worked on? You can't have early adopter stuff when people can't even pay for things to be considered as an early adopter. :rolleyes:

#26 Snegtag

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRochester NY

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:33 AM

I don't know if this is related-my credit card rejected but that was because my credit card decided every transaction that I've never made on line is fraud. Because I've never processed a payment via them (even though I think they are in California) my card would not pay them. I used PayPal and that went through no problem.
When I called my card company they told me --A purchase from them was outside my normal purchase profile so they decided to reject the transaction and turn the card off.
I've had this problem off and on depending on how PGI is routing the money. So I have to call and tell my card company that its me and it's OK-which means if I forget I get a reject then have to call them then make the purchase.
I hope you get it to work--I understand your frustration I had an issue with PayPal for one promotion that prevented me from participating.

Edited by Snegtag, 12 July 2015 - 12:35 AM.

#27 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:54 AM

Makes me happy to pay via karma koin.

#28 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:04 PM

Yes 5 days left to get the early bonus on the newest cash grab from PGI yet their payment system is trash and not every form of payment works through it. Guess this is the first pack I won't be an early adopter on. Wonder what I'll get screwed out of down the road because of PGI not fixing their junk that people state doesn't work.

Edited by scgt1, 26 July 2015 - 08:04 PM.

#29 Lionsroar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:45 PM

View PostSmoothCriminal, on 16 June 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

Xsolla pinged the "possible fraudulent transaction" response from my bank - and my card is (worryingly) very open to expenditure abroad etc., so it must be based in a dodgy country/have some suspect security.

Have you tried contacting your bank directly and asking if they are the ones responsible for denying the procedure? It's a pain but might be the answer.

Amex categorized it as a probable fraudulent transaction, because it was an Xsolla transaction. I had to call Amex and verify it.

Then I went into my son's account to purchase the Origins pack for him and it wouldn't go through. An email to billing support and a day later they said it was fixed. I tried again tonight and it still would not go through.

Customer billing needs to have the highest level of security and confidence. And the collection of revenues needs to have a zero failure rate. Xsolla has completely and totally failed in both areas.

#30 Lionsroar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 108 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:52 AM

3 days and 5 emails and PGI/Xsolla have not yet resolved the issue. I can't get them to take my money....

#31 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

Xsolla rejects paypal purchases from Puerto Rico out of hand. Not happy with them at all.

#32 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:28 PM

dunno, i bought a bit of mc recently, xsolla accepted my non personalized cc (mastercard credit momentum, even shopgirls in the malls look suspiciously at that) which does not even have cvv2 i believe, at least they said me in the bank i cannot pay it on the internet and should use a visa classic but i ignored them, also they (xsolla) propose different currency except $ which saved me a bit of money on the exchange rates of my bank i believe

#33 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

At this point, going straight through Paypal or just buying Karma Koin through Paypal (by whichever payment option within Paypal, whether debit or credit) is an optimal route.

I stopped trying to use a credit card directly through whatever transaction system PGI uses. It's kinda gotten worse over time and it's so much easier to route that through Paypal to work around this BS.

Go figure.

#34 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

I am not sure I understand why PGI is using these payment processors to begin with. Accepting Paypal directly would save them and us a lot of grief.

#35 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

paypal is crap
it needs me to link a cc to it, then it locks money on it for 1-2 months to verify my cc and then i pay to paypal for the transaction and possibly to my bank too and it all is very confusing

i personally avoid it like a plague for any option of a direct visa payment if possible

#36 Chaosity

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSeattle area

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:28 AM

I have had no problems with them. In fact, because I have no problems I prefer them over the old card handler. They were making a 2nd service charge against my account without ever telling me. Just sneaking it in. It wasn't much... only .8% if I remember correctly, but they did it behind my back. VERY UNETHICAL.

#37 MechWarrior3671771

• 2,021 posts
  • LocationGermantown, MD

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:07 AM

"I have used different debit and credit cards that clearly work everywhere else."

Maybe contact your bank. Since PGI is outside of US in Canada, I have to give the bank verbal authentication to approve the transaction.

#38 Asher420

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:15 AM

Still a problem in 2017! Cards work on steam through paypal. No problems there. Its PGI and their bestie xsolla (probably same programmers).

#39 jhempsrt4

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:43 PM

I just tried to give PGI 120 bucks, but xsolla wont let me.

#40 Dreadgorth

• PipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:45 AM

I as well can not use Xsolla, they refuse any and all payments from me, if you can not get rid of them then PLEASE give us another way to purchase items from PGI store.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users