Ebon Jaguar, Laser Meta, Pgi Nerfs

57 replies to this topic

#21 Gallowglas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:17 AM

You know...I play predominantly IS and when I hear the "P2W" arguments come out, I know people are really scraping bottom to support their arguments. Yes, I got a EBJ and it didn't seem any more or less powerful than my IS mechs. In fact, if I'm choosing from all of my mechs for highest performance, this thing isn't even in the same ballpark as my Thunderbolts. Yes, some of that is just my playstyle, but the EBJ definitely doesn't feel like it's a problem. Mind you, I've not dropped in CW against them yet, so maybe that opinion will change.

#22 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 June 2015 - 05:02 AM

View PostGallowglas, on 17 June 2015 - 04:17 AM, said:

I've not dropped in CW against them yet, so maybe that opinion will change.

It probably will. I've got Stormcrows and Timberwolves, but 3xEBJ seems like a better dropdeck.

#23 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:21 AM

Ebon Jaguar will be nerfed eventually. No need to be calling for it right now though.

#24 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

I love how everyone rages about new mechs that are released when LoL does the exact same thing on character release. They analyze the builds and apply quirks later on that balance out the game. However, when I start hearing about nerfing lasers or laser debuffs, I laugh so hard because my favorite secondary short range isn't a laser.

Posted Image

#25 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

Not surprised, seems like cash payers for Mechs are guinea pigs Beta testers now. Makes me glad I am taking time off and I own Ebon Jags.
I am surprised though, OP only has a 54 point alpha on his example, I have seen posts of 62. Get a better build?

#26 ThunderTusk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 187 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationItaly-Sardinia

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:29 AM

Posted Image

#27 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:46 AM

I only had a few drops in my EBJ last night, but so far I really like it. Why the hell are people already calling for nerfs?

#28 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

And yet i don't get why so many people keep replying to his posts :huh: .

#29 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

So am I the only one that is considering the fact that this is a "Placeholder" account so someone can mouth/flame without fear of looking like a idiot............

#30 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

I wouldn't run any of the builds OP posted. Those look like they run a little hot. 2/10 ggclothes

#31 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 17 June 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostSnowFox, on 17 June 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

So am I the only one that is considering the fact that this is a "Placeholder" account so someone can mouth/flame without fear of looking like a idiot............

Nah, it's just so evident that it wasn't needed to point it out.

Edited by o0cipher0o, 17 June 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#32 Lo Zal

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

Usually I complain about Clan mechs, 'cause a lot of them are (were, after the various nerfs) OP.

But not this time. To be honest I find the Ebony Jaguar pretty balanced. Yes, good firepower, good mobility, tiny and resistent but if you aim at the torsos you can easily get them down.

Why if a chassis is ''good'' you have to nerf it?
I don't like the way of ''Let's nerf everything that barely works!'' that MWO tends to take sometimes.

I can do the same speech about a lot of nerfed IS mechs.
''ah, FS9-A works? Problem with his hitboxes? Let's nerf his weapons so!''
''Problems with Spider? Let's nerf his machineguns!''

#33 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 17 June 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

I wouldn't run any of the builds OP posted. Those look like they run a little hot. 2/10 ggclothes

I agree, however, with a few friends on teamspeak I found a few builds that aren't too hot and work well for my play style. (giving me about 200 damage in a full on push situation and 600+ damage in a supporting role.

#34 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:57 AM

View PostLo Zal, on 17 June 2015 - 09:53 PM, said:

Usually I complain about Clan mechs, 'cause a lot of them are (were, after the various nerfs) OP.

But not this time. To be honest I find the Ebony Jaguar pretty balanced. Yes, good firepower, good mobility, tiny and resistent but if you aim at the torsos you can easily get them down.

Why if a chassis is ''good'' you have to nerf it?
I don't like the way of ''Let's nerf everything that barely works!'' that MWO tends to take sometimes.

I can do the same speech about a lot of nerfed IS mechs.
''ah, FS9-A works? Problem with his hitboxes? Let's nerf his weapons so!''
''Problems with Spider? Let's nerf his machineguns!''

Balance, happens in a lotta games.
There was a Spider nerf (supposedly) in this patch, no one has talked about it yet.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 June 2015 - 04:27 PM, said:

Spider

Fixed Center Torso damage registration.

#35 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:27 AM

You signed an agreement when you made your account that PGI could do whatever they wanted to. Stop crying about fraud and whine about wanting p2w.

#36 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostRipper X, on 17 June 2015 - 08:21 AM, said:

Ebon Jaguar will be nerfed eventually. No need to be calling for it right now though.

Yea yea wait ebon release for MC and get a hitbox nerf then with ebon release for cbills, lasers nerfs ( like others meta boats clan ) will be applicated.

But for now people ( those who have pay ) have to enjoy theirs news mechs and hate them after xD.
( P2W then P2F a PGI feature ) And i'am ok with this.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 20 June 2015 - 02:24 PM.

#37 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 18 June 2015 - 07:47 AM

be embarrassed IL MECHWARRIOR

#38 Lupus Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 509 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Outreach

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:37 AM

In CW, I'm exclusively IS, so this is not about protecting the "new toy". E-Jag is not that powerful compared to IS mechs of similar weight class. Ignoring the math for the moment (and if you look at my posting history, I will provide math and graphs if I have to). Clan weapons are hotter, and in some instances, longer duration as well, than IS, however, with a greater range advantage.

E-Jag:

1) CT is pretty squishy
2) max energy hardpoints - 8
3) receives no bonuses whatsoever
4) fixed engine
5) has 28.5 tons and 33 slots of available space

Thunderbolt 5ss:
1) solid ability to absorb damage
2) max energy hardpoints - 7
3) receives the following quirks:
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (LT): 15.00
ADDITIONAL STRUCTURE (RT): 15.00
MEDIUM PULSE LASER RANGE: 25.00 %
ENERGY RANGE: 25.00 %
ENERGY HEAT GENERATION: -15.00 %
ENERGY COOLDOWN: 15.00 %
MISSILE COOLDOWN: 15.00 %
4) variable engine
5) With the std engine, 260, has 26 tons and 31 slots of space available with max armor

E-Jag has 2.5 tons and 2 slots more "room", but no ability to alter engine, no quirks. T-Bolt has better CT hitbox, and more armor and structure on RT and LT, with significant range and heat reduction bonuses. Granted, slightly higher damage potential on the E-Jag, but at the expense of heat and no customization of engine or internal structure.

I've used my E-Jag against T-Bolts in pug drops, and my T-Bolt against the E-Jag in CW, and as far as I have seen, performance is comparable, and both have high mounted energy slots, good for sniping. ATM, I think it's a little premature to be calling for a "nerf", you still are going to see far more Hellbringers, if for no other reason than overwhelming ECM (and honestly, that is far more a problem in CW and pugging than the E-Jag atm).

Edited by Lupus Aurelius, 18 June 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#39 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 18 June 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostIL TERRIBILE, on 17 June 2015 - 12:07 AM, said:

People are using real money to buy something that will not be the thing they paid for.
in my country this is called
FRAUD
and people like you go in jail, that is the only place in which you deserve to stay.

Have you read the Terms of Service that you have to agree to in order to play the game?

I would hazard a guess that there is a line somewhere similiar to this:
2. Content. We may, from time to time at our sole discretion and without notice or liability, create, amend, change, or delete any content from the PGI Offerings. (This is from MWO's TOS for the website)

Since one needs to agree to the TOS, a legally binding agreement, in order to install and play, then one has agreed that PGI can change content at their sole discretion.

Not fraud at all. Just a contract between a person and a company in which the person has given the company permission to change stuff as they wish.

Is very common in software these days. You don't really own software... it is more like leasing.

Edited by Dracol, 18 June 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#40 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

I was wondering how long it would take for the cry babies to come out and ask for a clan nerf. I've been running this mech and not seeing what needs to be nerfed, get a life, get a clue, but more importantly get out of here!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users