57 replies to this topic

#41 LeoTib71

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationRome

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:11 PM

I sometimes wonder whether people can read or not. The answer is usually negative unfortunately.

IL TERRIBILE was not calling NERFs for the Ebon Jaguar, he was just saying that *if* the TBR and SCR nerfs were due, so they will be for the EJ.

He is rightfully complaining about a fraudolent conduct from PGI, that is, sell shiny new OP mechs for real money and then nerfing them to the ground as soon as they have finished milking out the paying player base.

That is exactly why I will not put any more money into this game. All promises form PGI were broken and they are delivering content long overdue, I will enjoy the game without paying anymore, because they don't deserve my money.

Just my opinion though

#42 Rhavin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationThe Dropship Texas, FRR

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

Cauldron runs hotter than a witches fire if you boat lasers. It also takes off slow and doesn't kick it into forward from reverse very fast imho. makes them easy to catch in tight quarters. Anyone else notice that? It may just be me. However, I still like it better than the hellbringer. If it had Ecm it would be op. Might be just a little as is, but not much.

#43 Telmasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

Or maybe it's time to undo the T-wolf/S-crow nerfs, and fix the laser barf problem by giving us
SIZED HARDPOINTS

#44 Roaxis Stalomainis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 143 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship

Posted 18 June 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostLeoTib71, on 18 June 2015 - 02:11 PM, said:

He is rightfully complaining about a fraudolent conduct from PGI, that is, sell shiny new OP mechs for real money and then nerfing them to the ground as soon as they have finished milking out the paying player base.

That is exactly why I will not put any more money into this game. All promises form PGI were broken and they are delivering content long overdue, I will enjoy the game without paying anymore, because they don't deserve my money.

Just my opinion though

I'm sorry, but you're really posted that? I really hope you understand that PGI was under IGP's control for quite some time and caused major issues with the player base. IGP wanted to make more sales than release more content and forced PGI to take the "Pay to Win" route in the beginning with Hero Mechs and overcharge for various things such as MC. I noticed a few good changes after IGP was taken out of the picture. Getting back on track you say they're milking us for money. Not really to be quite honest with you. Sure, it's kind of like we're Beta Testing the mechs, but what PGI wants us to do is abuse various different builds and push them to their limits. Once we've done that then they will have the data they need to apply quirks as necessary. I see it as supporting the people who actually made these models and rewarding them for their hard work and effort rather than some money hungry scrooge pinching pinnies and hitting fans over the head with a cane just for their wallets. Also, I don't recall PGI Breaking any promises. While there are a lot of things that are overdue I don't think that they're making bad time. Although I really would like my Bushwacker-S2 sometime next year. :D

#45 TanE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 757 posts
  • LocationIn investigation of the Ghostbear Dominion

Posted 19 June 2015 - 12:45 AM

From the first posting: Matching the Nerfquirks from TBR and SCR to the EBJs?

I hope not.

Why? Because of 2 reasons:

- the EBBY dies much faster. I don't say the hitboxes are broken, it's because of the lore geometrics. If they change any hitbox, the neighbor hitbox will be destroyed much faster. Then there will be the next player want changes of these hitboxes.
- Nerfing Laz0rbuilds will result in a copy+paste version of the SCR or TBR with less staying power on the battlefield. Now it is a hot running, squashy bi***! And that's a different playstyle. I like that way.

You have to expose the whole, broad Mech to use all the weapons and you will get much attention from your enemies. Or you could play peak-a-boo with 2 - 3 weapons on the back. Then you can't use your full armament.

After 2+x days of gametime on the servers: it may be in balance. We could meet again after 4-6 weeks.

Edited by TanE, 19 June 2015 - 12:47 AM.

#46 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:15 AM

OK guys,
I think its much more easier. Gamers build m-laser vomit TRB and SCR... PGI nerfs them. Have you ever seen a Gamer in a m-laser vomit NVA? They are the hell made to laser vomit. So are some of the GAR. The NVA have even heat damage quirks.
So if the community decides to laser vomit on the EBJ, they will probably be nerfed. If the community decides to make use of the HUGE possibilities of that (to my opinion amazing) chassie it won't be nerfed.
So use your creativity and make builds that work and that are not mono weapons.
My builds are already set and will not caus me problems even if they nerf the chassie. I just have to wait for the EBJ-C to be out for C-bills to complete them.

P.S. noboy, especially not PGI, gave me mony for this post. I really think like this.
P.P.S. I also thonk it has nothing to do with real money or C-bills chassies.

#47 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:36 AM

well, yo have right, but calling PGI to jail.. well..........

TBR and SCR are still nearly optimual mechs, even AFTER the nerf.
ofc, with EBJ, this will repeat, seems a little bloody politic, but what about a possibility, they are indeed trying to optimize it, as their headcount allow it, while working on other things ??

I mean, they can test the new mech 1 gazilion times internally, but first human players, will find out bugs/best builds and OP builds, which in my eyes SHOULD BE nerfed on each mech.

you know there are mechs, which are ****, and there are OP mechs. there isnt balance, but it is what it is.

Ofc, it seems, $ to win , till cbills variant. But look at EXE. such *****, not OP. I dont believe they are doing it on direct purpose.

#48 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:11 AM

I figure Ebony will get some kind of weapon nerf and toughness buff.
Love how there is a spot where you shoot it from the front, some damage can splash onto rear armor. :blink:

#49 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:20 AM

The Ebon seems like one of the most balanced releases in a while. It has a good variety in load outs, decent agility and speed which makes it fun to play. It doesn't however have the staying power of the timber nor does it have the speed and agility of a crow. It is a compromise between the two and in MWO compromises don't do all that well. It is a competent mech but not in the same class as the timber or crow.

PGI have given quirks on newly released mechs but to be honest I don't think this one really needs it apart from the left torso which could do with a little more structure

#50 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 19 June 2015 - 04:27 AM

@Inveramsay - I Couldn't agree more. EBJ fits in perfectly between Clan meds and heavies. Really enjoying playing it.

#51 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 19 June 2015 - 06:43 AM

the original post does not call nerfs on cauldron, it calls balance between storm cauldron and timber, pointing out that the same identical loadout has been considered op on a mech and non op on the other, causing obvious lack of logic.

so nerf them all or un nerf them all, since it is the same thing

read what you are criticising before you criticise it.

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 19 June 2015 - 06:46 AM.

#52 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 19 June 2015 - 07:15 AM

The logic remains sound IL MECHWARRIOR as the three chassis are very different:

TBR & SCR vs EBJ (not fully inclusive, just the main things I spotted immediately)

1. TBR is heavier (75 - 65 tons)
2. SCR is faster (106 - 101Kph)
3. TBR is tougher (40 points more armour)
4. SCR is more durable (superb hit boxes)
5. TBR can have JJs
6. TBR & SCR have arm actuators

Take all the above into account and you can see that the same loadout - e.g. 2 LPLs + 4 ERMLs - will not have the same effect on all three chassis; the inherent weaknesses of the EBJ may mean it won't need any nerfs, as it seems (at the moment at least) to be better balanced than either of its direct competitors.

I really enjoy the EBJ, in fact more than either of the others, due to its size and flexibility (plus it has always been my 2nd favourite mech) and hope that we, as a player base, don't exploit it to such an extent that PGI feels it has to "fix" it.

N.B. I think your initial post was easily misinterpreted and your clarification helped!

Peace

#53 D A T A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 892 posts
  • LocationCasamassima, Bari, south Italy

Posted 20 June 2015 - 01:47 AM

at the actual state of things, a thunderbolt is better than a timber and a cauldron is better than a Thunder......this is way far by a balance, since the timber is 10 tons heavier.

i point out that after timber and stormcrow nerf in competitive RHOD 4vs4 almost noone used timbers of stormcrows:

PRO PLAYERS DO NOT USE THEM ANYMORE (unless you go 1vs1 and put 2 gauss+3 med and 20 ammo on a timber)

this should ring a bell

Edited by IL MECHWARRIOR, 20 June 2015 - 01:47 AM.

#54 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:11 AM

Didn't one of the previews show a Ebon-C with UAC + Missile that worked?
So glad I try running stock pods.

#55 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

Honestly, I just wish people would take an objective look at things before going for the P2W or nerf arguments. Support your arguments with statistics or even anecdotal results, loadouts, etc. I've now dropped in a ton of matches with the thing and I'd still go for my TDR every single time if I'm looking for kills or damage. EBJ is good, don't get me wrong, but ton for ton, I think the SCR can give you almost as much firepower and has a LOT better hitboxes. I've done quite a few CW drops against them and I've not noticed any real change in Clan meta or effectiveness.

Edited by Gallowglas, 20 June 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#56 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 21 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

View PostStormDll, on 17 June 2015 - 03:51 AM, said:

[smurfy]http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c079c366ba8714d[/smurfy]
2 gauss+3LL!!! Meta nerf it pls!!!!

Yep this needs to be nerfed ASAP!!

#57 AC

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

Rather than nerf chassis, I think the CERML needed a slight tweak. Maybe heat, maybe burn time, maybe range... I dunno.

(And notice I said SLIGHT TWEAK. PGI doesn't seem to understand the words slight or tweak. They ether rocket boost a bonus to the stratosphere or nerf hammer something into oblivion. That is not balancing. Try a gentle adjustment for once.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users