Clan Champions - They Do It Their Way

No replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:55 AM

Someone mentioned this and I used to think they should be allowed too. However, we have that XP Bonus, piddling as it is at 2.5%, for using stock Omnipods.

I think the current XP Bonus is a unique and different way of treating all Clan Mechs as minor Champions though it might use a boost to 5%. In addition, let's be honest and admit some stock Omnipod loadouts are so bad, not even that would encourage people to play them, 2 standout examples are the Adder-Prime and Nova-A with 3 Energy points each. Not even 15% XP Bonus would get people to dare that, there is limited loadout selection and the only weapon quirks are cERPPC that runs too hot for some people, the other buffs are just enough to slightly increase TTK but not much and slight movement buffs.

I recently tried a stock Omnipod Nova-A and found myself considering 2cLPL, 2cERLL, even 3cERLL, all could be considered on the Adder-Prime too. Why not give a generic Energy quirk when using stock Omnipods? Do something similar for stock Omnipod configs that need it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users