Town Hall Meeting On Twitch.tv With Russ Bullock - Archive On Youtube

359 replies to this topic

#321 Madd Dawg

• PipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:04 AM

What happened to custom decals. I read that there were almost ready to roll out and poof they will gone.

#322 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

Regarding the june/july/august roadmap, please change the priority of the mech selection screen to be the most urgent. I worry that by august the player base will have taken a big hit due to the current interface. I hope you realize the scope of this problem, it is HCF.

Edited by MechregSurn, 25 June 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#323 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,459 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

This might be tough topics or seem very brutal, but here are my questions:

Q1: What do you think of increasing LRM cooldown by 2x or 3x times, but increasing the damage by 2x also to make it more into a support weapon with big hit rather than spammable (relatively) weak weapon?

Q2: What do you think of increasing internal structure of all mechs by 50-100% to increase time-to-live and increase importance of disarming compared to very quick destructions by Torsos/Legs?

Q3: What do you think of reducing all Ghost Heat limits to lower numbers (kicks in earlier) to reduce boating further? (compared to the recent increase of IS Large Lasers to 3 )

#324 VenomStriker

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:44 AM

There has been some recent discussion out there on aim botting in MWO. As a regular player, it is apparent that some groups are still doing it despite your recent efforts to ban some players. Please tell us what other efforts are underway to limit these cheaters who are ruining fair game play.

#325 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:45 AM

View PostThe Boneshaman, on 25 June 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

why dose it take over 6 months from announcement of new mechs to finally actually getting them?
why do we have to wait 1 month before we can get the other 2 mechs from wave 3 and content?
will you ever start releasing new mechs with out putting them in some kind of $80-$120 package?
They have answered this before.

Packages are far more profitable than the previous release method.
Packages are often announced before production starts, or when only concept art is done, hence the wait time for building + testing.
Release for MC/C-Bills is delayed to give a period of exclusivity, and allows easier bugtesting / balancing before general release.

Remember, it's a business, not a charity.
They need to make a profit to keep the servers running and the door open.
They would be utterly insane to switch to a less profitable method of sales.

#326 red fury15

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 138 posts
  • Locationнижний новгород

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

у вас нет желания создать стратегию ? не онлайн а просто обычную игру с компанией и выходом в интернет все как обычно ,где будут и роботы , пехота , элементалы ,бронетехника права на вселенную баттлетех у вас есть можно наверное и расширить игру

#327 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:04 AM

View PostVenomStriker, on 25 June 2015 - 08:44 AM, said:

There has been some recent discussion out there on aim botting in MWO. As a regular player, it is apparent that some groups are still doing it despite your recent efforts to ban some players. Please tell us what other efforts are underway to limit these cheaters who are ruining fair game play.

They aren't going to give any specifics about what they are doing as it'll tip off the cheaters and make them harder to catch. But we don't want to turn this thread into a big discussion on cheating. :)

If you suspect someone of cheating, report it to PGI. But make sure you are reasonably sure before you do. Don't want to spam the crap out of the support guys.

#328 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

View Postred fury15, on 25 June 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

у вас нет желания создать стратегию ? не онлайн а просто обычную игру с компанией и выходом в интернет все как обычно ,где будут и роботы , пехота , элементалы ,бронетехника права на вселенную баттлетех у вас есть можно наверное и расширить игру

Rough translation (using the power of the googles): Why isn't there a bigger strategy? One involving more than mechs, like elementals, infantry, vehicles, (I'm assuming) aerospace, etc.

#329 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:16 AM

VOIP question: can we get some VOIP tools to measure microphone pickup levels, sound check, etc? Many players barely come through when using VOIP, and there is no way for them to know about it (other than the rest of the team telling them to speak up, or go fix their settings)

#330 ThatGuy539

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:19 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 25 June 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

Rough translation (using the power of the googles): Why isn't there a bigger strategy? One involving more than mechs, like elementals, infantry, vehicles, (I'm assuming) aerospace, etc.

How would they be added into the current 12 man teams?

Eg. Would you like to be on the team that gave up some light mech positions for Elementals? That's a lot of lost firepower and armor.

I agree that it would be fun though. I remember taking out an Atlas once with an Elemental in one of the previous Mechwarrior games....took a while but was fun.

Not sure the maps are big enough for aerospace fighters.

NPC vehicles might be fun. In place of turrets maybe.

I suppose there's always the single player version of the game that might come along some day. Or they could create some new game types that incorporate the lighter elemental and vehicle units.

Edited by ThatGuy539, 25 June 2015 - 09:23 AM.

#331 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:26 AM

When can we expect optimisation for AMD processors and a more accurate required system specs page.

#332 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostThatGuy539, on 25 June 2015 - 09:19 AM, said:

How would they be added into the current 12 man teams?

Eg. Would you like to be on the team that gave up some light mech positions for Elementals? That's a lot of lost firepower and armor.

I agree that it would be fun though. I remember taking out an Atlas once with an Elemental in one of the previous Mechwarrior games....took a while but was fun.

Not sure the maps are big enough for aerospace fighters.

NPC vehicles might be fun. In place of turrets maybe.

I suppose there's always the single player version of the game that might come along some day. Or they could create some new game types that incorporate the lighter elemental and vehicle units.

I dunno - ask the original poster: I was just translating.

But if you look back around page 3 (and my many, many, many posts on this topic) - CW needs some help. And that help is not in the form of "more turrets." Tanks, like a Goblin or an Ontos, would be far more flavorful. They wouldn't even need complicated AI - just react to mechs that show up on the defender's radar, have them shoot RANDOM bones (the "all in the CT" stuff makes piloting Lights even more deadly) and occasionally miss. Don't make them super-tough, just put a company or so of them in the base: enough to make things tough.

You wouldn't have them in static positions, scouting would matter, etc.

And again, Skirmish and Assault are the wrong game modes for CW - they should have gone with tweaked versions of Conquest:
  • Take & Hold: you have a series of smaller bases, each with their own defenses (or vehicles, if they implement them) across a bigger (Alpine-sized) map. As you take one COMPLETELY (so sliver doesn't count - has to be 100% conquered), you can that base as a new spawn point.
  • Scorched Earth: A series of "Anti-Dropship" guns are across the map - the attacker has to destroy them, defender has to defend them. Attacker can spawn at any destroyed gun (or original dropsite), Defenders can spawn at main base or any surviving gun. Game ends when all the guns or all the defenders are destroyed.
  • Base Assault: A similar idea to the BIG GUN assault we have now, but with a twist. There's a series of smaller base leading up to the HUGE BASE with the BIG GUN. Same as the others, you take the small bases, you can use them as a dropship spawn point. Defenders will start at the big base.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 25 June 2015 - 09:44 AM.

#333 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:42 AM

what I would love to know are these:

1: are we Clanners ever going to see the missile damage like we have in tabletp, whereas the IS would end up with what we have now,

2: are we going to see a more in depth module management system where you can see what you have where and how many you have, as well as pull specific modules from a mech you aren't using atm to make available for ones that you are planning on using, such as for cw mechs? case in point, I have a good dozen or so radar dep modules, but only 2 mg range boosters.. its not always easy to keep track of where each of them are...

3: the voip settings: almost everyone that tries using voip sounds like they are whispering to me if I can hear them at all, yet my audio settigns are maxed out... the problem isn't on my end, so what's up with that?

Edited by Galenthor Kerensky, 25 June 2015 - 09:43 AM.

#334 Mangeras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,442 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEmsland in Germanien

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

Will there be new songs like that on soundcloud?
https://soundcloud.com/mechwarrior
Good music fpr playin' MWO

#335 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:45 AM

View PostPeiper, on 23 June 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

One big thing missing from CW is the lack of meaning. Taking planets does nothing for a faction.

To make CW work, an economy must be added to the game including:

Perks for taking planets.
Reasons to fight for planets.
Perhaps bonuses to rewards for clans fighting underweight (batchalls).
Perhaps extra money for mercs defending planets if a faction gets below 10 planets?
Turrets and tanks for defense, VTOL's and arty batteries for offense?
Salvage rights.
Black markets.
Discounts on faction mechs or equipment when fighting for, or attaining certain loyalty in said faction.
Non-faction mechs cost more to buy and maintain. (Variants produced by different factions.)
The higher loyalty in a faction, the less repairs/rearm costs.

Faction loyalists get fixed paychecks like regular army.
Mercs only get paid when they succeed.
Clan and IS tech (cross faction) availability based on certain criteria.

Could we get some comments on the progress of the stuff written above?

I agree this would be a great idea. But these would need to be global bonuses for the specific IS Houses or Clans. If they are unit specific then you will give a unit a real advantage over the rest of the community which isn't really fair and will break the game.

Edited by Soulstrom, 25 June 2015 - 09:46 AM.

#336 stand alone complex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:11 AM

Hi everyone, I’m not very good in English - but i have some questions, hope it is not too late to ask it in this thread.

First of all thank you for MWO, after 5 years of hell in WoT universe ( im Russian and i spend five years of my life in no result conversations with Mikhail Jives - lead producer of WoT, he is not very loyal to players ) where community managers acting like there are no such point like " i pay a money - give me the game because I’m a customer " I’m really like your actions.

You work with community and doing it great, not like they - people who believe that customer didn’t have any rights. Please go on like this! I really like it, maybe you are not first one by the number or players but sure you are first one by the loyalty to players.

So - my questions.

1. Is it possible to add "space battles to CW"? - I play CW in FRR unit and I’d like to spend time between drops with more fun. ( i wish to have my own space ships with laser and extra tons drop weight;) )

I mean that time when " my mech are destroyed and I’m waiting 30-45 sec to deploy a new one in CW dropship menu" - at my opinion it will be a great to use this in game time for a space battles between space ships of space fighters. Not like I’m a fan of "space battles like elite or something" i mean - "there are “a space fleet around planet we fight” and some movie about space battles or some game content about these battles is a great way to waste this 30-34 sec for player.

As for me i like to collect units and spend time to build it, this is a reason why I’m playing MWO - "buy mechs and etc." so if there is a chance to "buy, build or collect" a space ship and use it in game as episode of gameplay - i will use it. I’m talking about game episode like MechCommander one intro movie where “space fighter shooting a satellite”. So the main idea is a point to give everyone in CW they own space destroyer or cruiser and make them fight each other in short period of time as a part of dropship operation. Perhaps in text combat mode with some screen images where you can read " you shoot claner space cruiser and deal 14 damage to one of his dropships and now there are 10% chance for a claner MechWarrior to find his own timberwolf a little bit damaged in next drop" - or something like this.

I mean there are a lot of books about MechWarrior and some of they are telling about " our dropships was damaged by claner space fighter and some mech was destroyed or damaged" - how about this game element in CW?

2, Could you please hire community manager for Russian community of payers? ( sure I can help and spend my time for this, but no for free ) seriously – hire someone, sometimes I need a hand in you main page news.

First of all it is hard to get latest news and other in game information that can be useful for me. Second it is hard to play CW because it is mostly out of time range. Most Russians play for clans – I play for IS and now I’m playing in unit that start battles in the middle of my night. ( and I don’t want to meet someone from old Russian MechWarrior 3 or 4 network units because they have no real life and I’m coming to play for fun and not for “ skill, skill, skill – give me a break after WoT records ).

Not sure what exactly I wish from this person – but sure sometimes I need it deadly, like message on main page of site “ hey you can play this CW event in this units because they are close to your time zone” or “ hi, I have a news for you on main page that was translated on Russian”. I don’t ask you to translate all forum and in game text – I just wish to spend lesser time in searching of info. Like – "dont waste you time in forum reading" - "you already got all you need on this site page".

Because main idea of my actions - is a wasting time for playing, not for anything else.

PS. please add some space ships, i wish to observe my unit space fleet in a short battle or “ flaying somewhere in space”. I’m not very good in English so have no chance to write about whole idea, global point is a “ turn based Homeworld one with some RPG options” that give everyone one some game menu where players can buy, build and observe they space ships and perhaps use it in CW space battles during drop operation or sees fire at single or multiple ships actions. If you add something like this – CW will be even more greater that now: just try to imagine – FRR space fleet of IS unit attacking claner invaders in short 30 sec interactive game movie or full controlled turn based space battle.

Turn based mode is just a idea because we all have 4 mechs to deploy, so in theory we all have 4 move to play in space strategy during CW battle. – I mean something like this.

Edited by stand alone complex, 25 June 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#337 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:30 AM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 25 June 2015 - 09:42 AM, said:

3: the voip settings: almost everyone that tries using voip sounds like they are whispering to me if I can hear them at all, yet my audio settigns are maxed out... the problem isn't on my end, so what's up with that?

The pickup on the other person's mic is too low, tell them to turn it up. See my question above regarding VOIP tools, because a lot of people don't know and have no way of knowing that the problem is on their end. Teamspeak pretty much requires that you set your mic levels prior to using it for the first time.

#338 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:40 AM

What are our chances of getting at least 1 large scale map added to M.W.O any time soon? (think of the island nations maps in ARMA 3).
---You could divide them up into areas and have 3, 4, or 5 12v12 objectives going on the same map or 1 36 vs 36 match. Each encounter effects the resources of each side after that objective is taken or lost. (Loss of air field means no Air Strikes, loss of PP means no turret power, etc...)

-- This would lead to vastly improved immersion in the gaming experience. You could use just existing art and structures to populate the maps.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 25 June 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#339 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

Quirk Balance When?

additionally:

Strike Removal & Long Toms When?

#340 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 25 June 2015 - 10:40 AM, said:

What are our chances of getting at least 1 large scale map added to M.W.O any time soon? (think of the island nations maps in ARMA 3).
---You could divide them up into areas and have 3, 4, or 5 12v12 objectives going on the same map or 1 36 vs 36 match. Each encounter effects the resources of each side after that objective is taken or lost. (Loss of air field means no Air Strikes, loss of PP means no turret power, etc...)

-- This would lead to vastly improved immersion in the gaming experience. You could use just existing art and structures to populate the maps.

I definitely like the idea of "linked maps" over the arenas we have now. It would be neat to be fighting over actual areas on a giant map than for percentages of a bar where only the most recent battles "count."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users