24 replies to this topic

#1 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:23 AM

Hi all, so I'm fairly new and have been playing for about 6 weeks. I just had a game where I was the last one left in a Panther with 2x srm4's and some guy was bagging me for missing with SRM 4's and was quite sarcastic to the point where I felt really bad. I know I missed some shots but it also looked like a lot were hitting and I ended up with around 270 damage. My ping is around 275 so does that have anything to do with my hit chances or what I think is a hit but obviously is not?

The incident has left a sour taste in my mouth as I am doing my best.

Cheers

#2 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 12:30 AM

View PostValkyrie73, on 24 June 2015 - 12:23 AM, said:

Hi all, so I'm fairly new and have been playing for about 6 weeks. I just had a game where I was the last one left in a Panther with 2x srm4's and some guy was bagging me for missing with SRM 4's and was quite sarcastic to the point where I felt really bad. I know I missed some shots but it also looked like a lot were hitting and I ended up with around 270 damage. My ping is around 275 so does that have anything to do with my hit chances or what I think is a hit but obviously is not?

Cheers

1- That guy is an A**hole. Ignore him, and ones like him, and don't feel bad.

2- You did 270 damage in a panther, and you're still very new. You pulled more than your wait (if you pull triple your mech's tonnage in damage, you've already done your job).

3- High ping (especially above 200) will affect your accuracy. HSR (Host State Rewind) helps compensate for that, a bit, but with large ping differences, problems will happen.

4- Something most people don't know, is that what they see when they spectate is not the same as what you are seeing. I've seen a mech shoot at the ground next to the one they were targeting. On my screen, when I was spectating them. However, on their ping, they were hitting the guy's leg, and ended up legging them.

5- You're in Australia, you guys are about to get a server just for your region, which should improve your ping a lot (hopefully).

6- Ignore morons like that one. You did your job, and most importantly, you survived for a long time. I assume the one who was whining at you, died much much earlier in the match.

Also, if you need any assistance, PM me, and I'll help you out, or at the very least, get on a teamspeak server to help you with piloting tips

Edited by IraqiWalker, 24 June 2015 - 12:30 AM.

#3 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:03 AM

Cheers

Man with 275 damage in a panther is awesome,,, I've been playing a while and I don't get that damage in my panther like you did. The ping does effect your accuracy but you just have to compensate for it with practice and you will adjust it and be much better..

As to that guy, its against TOS (Terms of service) to do that he did and the guy is just a moron and probably lives in his moms basement eating cheetos all day watching reruns of jerry springer so dont take to mind what anyone says and just play the game the way you want to play it, but most of all just have fun no matter WHAT!

If you have any questions or just want some help PM me and I would be more than happy to help you and I also make Videos on Youtube for new players to learn some tips and tricks on playing...

Triskin (OGD)

Oldbob10025 on youtube

#4 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:34 AM

if someone is harrassing you then screenshot it (press print screen the screenshots are saved in c:\users\YourUserName\saved games\mechwarrior online\screenshots) then check against the code of conduct http://mwomercs.com/...nduct-expanded/ if you think it was a violation then send the screenshots with a brief explanation of what happened to moderation@mwomercs.com

unfortunately the only way to stop this is to report when it happens

#5 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:54 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 24 June 2015 - 01:34 AM, said:

if someone is harrassing you then screenshot it (press print screen the screenshots are saved in c:\users\YourUserName\saved games\mechwarrior online\screenshots) then check against the code of conduct http://mwomercs.com/...nduct-expanded/ if you think it was a violation then send the screenshots with a brief explanation of what happened to moderation@mwomercs.com

unfortunately the only way to stop this is to report when it happens

I agree as I record all my games for video's for future projects, I also do it for people that have no more than two braincells as well and just take trim clip of the the video and send it in.. There is no need for people like that in the game as it discourages new players and gives the game a very bad rap if it goes ramput like World of tanks has already.. My god if you play that game you will see how much of a great community this game really has in adults than raging little children.

#6 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:58 AM

Cheers

We might be getting APAC servers by July 21st. If you in western Australia especially on iinet, you latency will be greatly reduced.

So stick around to see what happens next month.. Hopefully there will be no delays.

Edited by ShinVector, 24 June 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#7 Karmen Baric

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • LocationSarna

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:00 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 24 June 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

2- You did 270 damage in a panther, and you're still very new. You pulled more than your wait (if you pull triple your mech's tonnage in damage, you've already done your job).

3- High ping (especially above 200) will affect your accuracy. HSR (Host State Rewind) helps compensate for that, a bit, but with large ping differences, problems will happen.

4- Something most people don't know, is that what they see when they spectate is not the same as what you are seeing. I've seen a mech shoot at the ground next to the one they were targeting. On my screen, when I was spectating them. However, on their ping, they were hitting the guy's leg, and ended up legging them.

5- You're in Australia, you guys are about to get a server just for your region, which should improve your ping a lot (hopefully).

6- Ignore morons like that one. You did your job, and most importantly, you survived for a long time. I assume the one who was whining at you, died much much earlier in the match.

Also, if you need any assistance, PM me, and I'll help you out, or at the very least, get on a teamspeak server to help you with piloting tips

what this guy said, ignore silly people like that, there are lots of nice people. and from what you say you did well and even if you didnt do as well as you would like did you have fun, besides the silly person? this is a game have fun, learn, get better have fun. maybe find a unit you like join them and have fun together

#8 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:48 AM

I wholeheartedly agree with what has been said before. This game has some issues, but PGI is working on them, albeit slowly. They have been talking for a while about wanting to get other servers to make the game more enjoyable for non-North American players. Finally they're at the stage in the game where this issue may be eliminated for you. The sad news for us NA types is that we won't be playing with our Aussie and Asian friends. Bummer. But, welcome to the game, and maybe I'll see you on the battlefield.

#9 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:44 AM

One of the reasons that guy belittled you is because srms aren't "optimal" on pathers. The quirks for the other weapons are much bigger. But it's your mech and you can build it any way you want and it sounds like going against the grain is effective for you. Don't worry about that guy and screens hot and report him next time.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 24 June 2015 - 06:45 AM.

#10 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 24 June 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

+1000 on this response.

Cheers

Hey Val, Im not often playing during Oceanic times, but add me to your Friends list and we can run some together and tool fools like the one you were referring to in your post. Good luck in further MWO adventures!

Edited by AdamBaines, 24 June 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#11 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:24 AM

Cheers

A Way To Reply To These A-Holes

"Thank you for your input. Rest assured I will give it all the consideration it merits."

#12 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:40 AM

View PostSonny Black, on 24 June 2015 - 07:24 AM, said:

A Way To Reply To These A-Holes

"Thank you for your input. Rest assured I will give it all the consideration it merits."

This is almost verbatim what my wife has to say a LOT at work.

#13 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 02:54 PM

Thanks everyone for your support and advice. I feel better now and hope the server thing works out. I will still like to play in NA server when outside peak periods my time. And ps i was only using srms because it is the 4th varient panther with 2 ballistic hardpoints and 2 missile. I dont like it personally but it is what it is
Cheers

#14 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,659 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

Ah I don't have that one

#15 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

Fellow Aussie here, and yea i get a ping of around 250-300. I agree with everyone, ignore him and play your way, I never had much problem with my ping in this game, if it hit 350 than well lasers are no go, the hit reg is not great for the burn times on lasers. But anyways, you have good support from these ppl here and myself. Just keep rockin it, and hey we all have bad games, and sometimes we just wanna get in there and do stupid things, its a game after all. Anyways cheers all! See yas out there! =)

#16 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:20 PM

View PostValkyrie73, on 24 June 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

Thanks everyone for your support and advice. I feel better now and hope the server thing works out. I will still like to play in NA server when outside peak periods my time. And ps i was only using srms because it is the 4th varient panther with 2 ballistic hardpoints and 2 missile. I dont like it personally but it is what it is
Cheers

The Australia server will not isolate you from us all players will still be in the same pool. I suspect the servers will just create a high speed PVC to the NA servers.

#17 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 24 June 2015 - 06:20 PM, said:

The Australia server will not isolate you from us all players will still be in the same pool. I suspect the servers will just create a high speed PVC to the NA servers.

Unfortunately it will....

Let me try to put in a table form....

Every branch is an option players can choose.
Myself will mostly likely untick NA and EURO because playing this game with high latency sucks.

I prefer laser builds and lights.... And these to this date have bad hit reg issues.
The only reason I would tick NA and EURO is when there is nobody on APAC. (Hopefully that doesn't happen)
The main aim of the regional servers is to attract more players in the said that don't play this game due to high latency to Canada.

Posted Image

#18 Valkyrie73

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

Thanks again everyone. As I have received a few offers, how do you add friends In this game?

Cheers

#19 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:41 PM

View PostValkyrie73, on 24 June 2015 - 10:48 PM, said:

Thanks again everyone. As I have received a few offers, how do you add friends In this game?

Cheers

The forums are separate (you can click on someone's profile, and add them as a friend there, but I think that only works on the forums.)

To add someone as a friend in-game, check the lower right corner once you're at the home screen. There should be a button with an icon that looks like the silhouette of three people. That's the social tab. Among the things you'll see there, you will notice a big yellow button labeled "add friend". Use that. Click it, type a pilot's name in, and send the request.

#20 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 25 June 2015 - 04:07 PM

Admittedly, I am going to be somewhat sad when the APAC server comes online. Currently I play during Australian prime time, and as a result have made a LOT of Aussie friends in game. I will be sad to not play with them any longer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users