109 replies to this topic

#21 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:37 PM

I can't help but wondering if bone position rewind was not there because of a technical issue or something else.
When russ said that they just found about this... i was like: Whhhaaaaaatttt? it wasn't there in the first place? *facepalm

something along the lines of constructing a powerline for a village on top of a mountain and forgetting to actually "power" the line.

#22 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:54 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 25 June 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

I wonder if we're going to lose half of our light mech pilots again...

Half of 2% isn't such a big loss...

#23 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 25 June 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

I wonder if we're going to lose half of our light mech pilots again...

Has anybody ever even cared about them in the first place? Judging by some of the tones in this thread, I would assume no.

Maybe it might eventually convince PGI that 3/3/3/3 was a silly bandaid and that they actually have to like, actually balance the mechs against each other.

#24 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:59 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 June 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

Has anybody ever even cared about them in the first place? Judging by some of the tones in this thread, I would assume no.

Maybe it might eventually convince PGI that 3/3/3/3 was a silly bandaid and that they actually have to like, actually balance the mechs against each other.

Well if the reward system was not such a f*ckup then we would probaly see more lights actually doing more *light* actions and play instead of RAMBO'ing into the centre of a moving mass.

In other words: The reward system needs to be revamped as well.

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostSarlic, on 25 June 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

Well if the reward system was not such a f*ckup then we would probaly see more lights actually doing more *light* actions and play instead of RAMBO'ing into the centre of a moving mass.

You can give them as many spacebucks as you want, but what matters more is their ability to contribute to winning the match. Giving mo money is a part of the process and it can help a bit, but farming cash isn't a role that helps your team win.

#26 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostFupDup, on 25 June 2015 - 10:01 PM, said:

You can give them as many spacebucks as you want, but what matters more is their ability to contribute to winning the match. Giving mo money is a part of the process and it can help a bit, but farming cash isn't a role that helps your team win.

I didnt ment money. Sorry i should have been more clear.

I meant more rewarding actions for playing your role as a scout. It should be more contributing to the team.

Payout should not only in the form of digital money.

#27 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:06 PM

View PostMister D, on 25 June 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

I think this is nothing less than amazing.

No longer will lights be viewed as micro-Atlas being able to play like total psycho's because they know they're immune to damage and can't be killed quickly enough to stop nascar rambo rushes.

Lights will have to play like lights and play smart instead of just running in like idiots with their invincibility lag shield to wreak havoc.

They will have to use teamwork, instead of being able to solo an entire enemy assault lance without taking a scratch.

Will this mean the end of the terror of Firestarters? hopefully yes.

But its not just lights, its all laser hitreg in general, its been off for a long time with any hitscan weapons (lasers/mg) because for whatever reason can be off a few pixels or as much as 3-4 mech lengths, "If" this next update actually fixes laser hitreg.. OMG will it be awesome.

Less guesswork, so we can aim at a location, and what you see is what you get.. finally?

I believe when i see it, PGI and coding/networking, so far 4 years of fail...all fixed in one magic patch
?,, i will believe it when i see it...
waiting desperately for the i told you so crowd when this happens.

#28 Shadow Magnet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 429 posts
  • LocationLake Constance, Germany

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:08 PM

As mentioned before: If the hit reg fix really works so well, TTK will take a deeeeeeeeep dive.

Really looking forward for this. Having a looooooooooong time issue with bad hit reg, glad they finally decided to invest the time to fix it.

#29 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

View PostN0MAD, on 25 June 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

I believe when i see it, PGI and coding/networking, so far 4 years of fail...all fixed in one magic patch
?,, i will believe it when i see it...
waiting desperately for the i told you so crowd when this happens.

Unlike the past fails.. There is a Plan B this time around.... Regional Servers !!

#30 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:26 PM

I am still taking rear armor damage from ballistic shots to the front from time to time, pretty sure due to HSR predicting that the shot was mid body or something. AC-5 and Gauss seem to be the highest culprits for this

#31 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:30 PM

View PostSarlic, on 25 June 2015 - 09:59 PM, said:

this

also their queue is ~10%, i even saw them briefly surpassing meds in popularity recently

#32 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

True light pilots don't fear a better hitreg!
True light pilots don't play lights just to cheat the hitreg!
True light pilots welcome a better hitreg as they can remove limbs with surgical precission from faster moving heavies and mediums again! ...as it should be! ...also, come a lil bit closer with that huge face ;)

signed

Norman Kosh
(dedicated light pilot)

P.S.
the only thing I worry about is a general increase in TTK :(
my solution would be to increase weapon cooldown

P.P.S.
funny, I have a deja-vu. When the first hitreg improvment went in and everyone was like 'get rekt lights!' I warned everyone that an improving hitreg is a double-edged sword and heavy and assaults mechs will get killed (and even headshotted) by lights more often. The majority don't play lights and so they don't know that a lousy hitreg often saved their live too as it impacts the ability to hit a specific mech part for higher ping players.

And -oh surprise- the forum was flooded with tears from butthurt heavy and assault pilots, because they didn't get their easy kill but instead got killed by that 'easy prey'. While I see how a better hitreg will smash the Firestarter population like it did with the Raven Nevermore population back then when the HSR got implemented, the experienced light pilots won't make you a favor and try to face tank your 100t assault. On a second thought, the amount of sniping lights might increase too <_<

Edited by Norman Kosh, 26 June 2015 - 12:20 AM.

#33 cryonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • 107 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh UK

Posted 25 June 2015 - 11:46 PM

could have done with this this morning - when brawling with a spider that was completely shrugging off all laser damage.

This will be a serious nerf to lights.

#34 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:10 AM

View PostNorman Kosh, on 25 June 2015 - 11:34 PM, said:

And -oh surprise- the forum was flooded with tears from butthurt heavy and assault pilots, because they didn't get their easy kill but instead got killed by that 'easy prey'. While I see how a better hitreg will smash the Firestarter population like it did with the Raven Nevermore population back then when the HSR got implemented, the experienced light pilots won't make you a favor and try to face tank your 100t assault. On a second thought, the amount of sniping lights might increase too <_<

Sort of my prediction.
Better hit reg will smash the brawler light builds more.

Medium/Long range especially ECM lights with improved laser hit reg will be more viable, if they can hit harder from range and continue kite-ing.

#35 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:12 AM

Don't hold your breath. We've heard all that "hit reg is going to be FineTM SoonTM" many times before.

#36 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:14 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 26 June 2015 - 12:12 AM, said:

Don't hold your breath. We've heard all that "hit reg is going to be FineTM SoonTM" many times before.

Plan B !! Plan B !!!

#37 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:21 AM

People are actually going to defend the position that people shooting their light mechs- as in people shooting the light mechs on their screen and the hit registering- is unfair.

#38 zagibu

• 2,253 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:56 AM

What is this, PGI actually doing some programming work?

Anyway, it sounds great. I just fear for the light mechs. Will probably be the final nail in the coffin of the Jenner, and they might just delete it from the game, save some new pilots the wasted time invested in this chassis.

#39 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:57 AM

jenner recently got its ct hitbox fixed

#40 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:03 AM

It's nice to see some progress.

But reading this it sounds like "finally after 3 years of programming, we invested two weeks to improve the netcode".

Basically that tells us that they never had the idea of putting someone to work for laughable two weeks on one of the biggest issues with this game?

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users