Help Understanding Iic Mechs

77 replies to this topic

#1 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:37 AM

Sooo... Are they IS mechs retrofitted with clan tech? Are they considered Clan mechs or IS mechs? Can't wait for these guys! I already have the money set aside for them!

#2 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:38 AM

Let me google that for you

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/IIC

Really. Using your brain is not that hard. Try it, you'll be amazed!

Edited by Paigan, 26 June 2015 - 08:39 AM.

#3 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:42 AM

Clan mechs

IIC is a term used by the Inner sphere to denote, out of control power creep within the game

#4 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:46 AM

View PostPaigan, on 26 June 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

I prefere engaging discussion with others and forming new relationships with players. Thanks for being a {Richard Cameron!}.

View PostCathy, on 26 June 2015 - 08:42 AM, said:

Clan mechs

IIC is a term used by the Inner sphere to denote, out of control power creep within the game

Why is that a power creep? Cool new toys in the game. Something to look forward too, for me anyway.

Edited by DjPush, 26 June 2015 - 08:44 AM.

#5 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:49 AM

View PostDjPush, on 26 June 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

I prefere engaging discussion with others and forming new relationships with players. Thanks for being a {Richard Cameron!}.

Why is that a power creep? Cool new toys in the game. Something to look forward too, for me anyway.

To put it short.

Imagine IS chassis with all their configuration options (DHS-Endo-Ferro, multiple engine choice) with clan weapons and engines.

#6 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:52 AM

View PostLord Perversor, on 26 June 2015 - 08:49 AM, said:

To put it short.

Imagine IS chassis with all their configuration options (DHS-Endo-Ferro, multiple engine choice) with clan weapons and engines.

Maybe the introduction of these mechs means they will unlock those hardpoints in the older clan mechs.

#7 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:53 AM

View PostDjPush, on 26 June 2015 - 08:46 AM, said:

Wrong.
You prefer to be lazy and get information pre-digested and easy to absorb.
Encouraging discussion would include something like "What do you think?" etc.

Don't try to twist your lazyiness to make the one pointing out your unsocial behavior appear as the rude one.
Child.

Edited by Paigan, 26 June 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#8 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

No more fixed JJ's, heat sinks or internal structure slots.

#9 0bsidion

• 1,653 posts

The IIc mechs are designs the founders of the Clans took with them on their exodus from known/settled space. They are definitely considered Clan mechs, and they've all seen upgrades with Clan tech through the years.

They are functionally the same as their IS counterparts in terms of customization options. So no Omnipods, fixed engines/equipment/upgrades. Which is why they are kind of intimidating balance wise. Picture an Orion with Clan ES/FF/XL, and Clan weapons.

It is really going to depend on Hardpoint inflation/location as to whether these things are going to be the new kings of the battlefield or a footnote people occasionally bring along on a lark.

#10 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:59 AM

View PostDjPush, on 26 June 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

No more fixed JJ's, heat sinks or internal structure slots.

Correct, and also engines that can change.

Possibly without restrictions like IS robots, but I have a feeling they might have a secondary control, limits on top of set restrictions, like TT rules which are denominations of mech tonnage, and follow the current Clam speed brackets.

Doesn't affect too many, just heavier things, but a notable difference.

But, knowing PGI, there won't be any restrictions.

#11 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

View PostPaigan, on 26 June 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Don't try to twist your lazyiness to make the one pointing out your unsocial behavior appear as the rude one.
Child.

Man. The implied irony in that statement alone makes the whole needless tirade worthwhile!

#12 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:01 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 26 June 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

The IIc mechs are designs the founders of the Clans took with them on their exodus from known/settled space. They are definitely considered Clan mechs, and they've all seen upgrades with Clan tech through the years.

They are functionally the same as their IS counterparts in terms of customization options. So no Omnipods, fixed engines/equipment/upgrades. Which is why they are kind of intimidating balance wise. Picture an Orion with Clan ES/FF/XL, and Clan weapons.

It is really going to depend on Hardpoint inflation/location as to whether these things are going to be the new kings of the battlefield or a footnote people occasionally bring along on a lark.

Not all. A few are post Exodus mechs (e.g. Jenner iiC)

#13 LordBraxton

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:05 AM

LOL @ the power creep comment, that was good.

Yeah, PGI can take existing models, mess with them a little, and sell upraded OP mechs behind paywalls with almost no actual labor!!!

It's the power creep\paywall genius of the Clan Invasion (? lol) with 1/10th of the work!

Russ is a shrewd business man masquerading as a terrible game designer.

Edited by LordBraxton, 26 June 2015 - 09:05 AM.

#14 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

Why is it power creep? They're clan Mechs, but battlemechs.

Replaceable engines, 7 slot FF and ES, and lighter weight weapons. Clan weapons are not objectively better and the is versions will still have quirks, but your giving flexible battlemechs the full suit of clan advantages. No omnipods, but that just means (like IS mechs) variants will be good or bad based on hard point allotments. Omnipods are meaningless after a drop starts.

With that said, consider :

On the face of it, the Hunchback IIC vs the hunchback 4G - the IIC brings TWO ultra autocannon 20's and 2 ER Medium Lasers, and a Clan XL engine (so it can lose one UAC20+shoulder and keep fighting). Also, jump jets.

However, look closer. It's the same form factor as a Hunchback (save dual hunches). It's using UAC20's, which sound terrifying but are nowhere near as dangerous as IS AC20's, and it'll put as much damage down range with 2 uac20's as the 4G does with one AC20 because of the 4G's mammoth quirks. The IIC in that configuration is also bring only a 200 rated engine, so it's slower too.

But this is a IIC variant compared to a heavily quirked standard mech.

What happens with the Jenner IIC? IS Jenners aren't heavily quirked, and the Jenner IIC comes out of the box with a Clan 315XL - it's faster than IS Jenners, and mounts lighter weapons to compensate for the larger engine.

It'll basically be a Jenner that's just a direct upgrade, unless they buff IS Jenner quirks before then.

#15 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostPaigan, on 26 June 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

Wrong.
You prefer to be lazy and get information pre-digested and easy to absorb.
Encouraging discussion would include something like "What do you think?" etc.

Don't try to twist your lazyiness to make the one point out your unsocial behaviour appear as the rude one.
Child.

I am amazed by how smart you are. You sir are amazeballs. The amount of awe I am feeling right now in your presence is... I don't have words to describe it. I am not as smart as you. That is why I can't find the words to describe what I am feeling right now. Oh lordy! If only I could reach your level for a moment I could die a happy man. I have seen the light! I truely know what it is to be omnipitant. You! In all your grace and wisdom, have given me a reason to change my ways!

PRAISE JEBUS!

My only regret in life now is that I will never be able to basque in the light that must shine down from your position on high! I will never be able to know what it is to sit at the side of greatness, for I am not worthy. PLEASE! In all your devine knowledge there must some way for you find forgiveness for this wretched soul.

How was that? Did you get a little chub there? Did I fluff your ego enough?

Edited by DjPush, 26 June 2015 - 09:12 AM.

#16 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 26 June 2015 - 08:59 AM, said:

Correct, and also engines that can change.

Possibly without restrictions like IS robots, but I have a feeling they might have a secondary control, limits on top of set restrictions, like TT rules which are denominations of mech tonnage, and follow the current Clam speed brackets.

Doesn't affect too many, just heavier things, but a notable difference.

But, knowing PGI, there won't be any restrictions.

I once tought that they can come with 3x fixed engine choices.

Big engine for fasters builds
Balanced for jack of all trades
Small for Heavy weaponry ones.

This may grant them still some customization without opening the whole broad spectrum of engine choice.

#17 Innocent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 235 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:17 AM

Everyone is making major assumptions about how it is implemented. There is no reason to believe they will change the locked equipment/upgrades from what is the current clan build rules.

#18 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:21 AM

View PostDjPush, on 26 June 2015 - 08:52 AM, said:

Maybe the introduction of these mechs means they will unlock those hardpoints in the older clan mechs.

No, it doesn't, OmniMechs are what they are and follow the rules of TT pretty much down the line. IIC Mechs are a different type of Mech, they aren't Omnis for starters, and they use the same construction rules as IS Mechs, so you can swap the engines, ES/FF, but they are constructed using Clan Tech, so it's Clan XL engines, Clan ES/FF, and Clan weapons. They are based on the original IS Mech but redesigned and sometimes of higher tonnage than the IS chassis they are based on.

They'll be fun, and they are the proof that we'll see Clan BattleMechs as well as OmniMechs, which means the Kodiak can't be too far off!

#19 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:23 AM

Edited by Paigan, Today, 11:39 AM.

That was uncalled for
Some people don’t know that battletech and MWO have any connection
Some people don’t know about Sarna and if it has any connection to this game

#20 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 09:27 AM

View Post0bsidion, on 26 June 2015 - 08:53 AM, said:

It sounds awesome. I love the Highlander and Hunchback! I can't wait for these.

Edited by DjPush, 26 June 2015 - 10:01 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users