Hardware: Not Sure This The Right Place But...

3 replies to this topic

#1 Pepper Nobu

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:07 AM

So I've been using a kb and mouse for playing mwo.
Is it better to use a gamepad like the razer one? Or in the future, the one steam is coming out with?

What about a tartarus controller from razer?

Thanks

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:53 AM

game pads are horrible. joysticks are better. neither gives you the speed or accuracy of a mouse. i have set my ch fighter stick aside due to mechanical problems causing innacuracy (the thing is 8 years old). since then ive been using the mouse, my stats have improved greatly,

however i still use my pedals and throttle, because wasd is so bang bang. analog throttle is nice makes it easier to match speed with teammates. my throttle has enough buttons on it that i seldom have to touch the keyboard (changing groupings and vision modes are the only exceptions). so any mouse complementing controller with a couple js axes is highly recommended.

#3 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 26 June 2015 - 12:54 PM

I use a Razer Nostromo for my left hand and a Logitech g600 mouse for the right.

#4 Pepper Nobu

• Pip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

So I went to frys and got a thrustmaster hotas x stick. I figure if it's crap, I just return it. It's still in the trunk of my car but when I get home later, gonna try it out and see if it's like using the KB and mouse. Looked at nostromo razer controller and another razer controller that I forgot the name and decided on the Hotas stick....

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users