#41 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:44 AM

View PostLORD ORION, on 27 June 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Emergency plan to stop us from reaching Terra huh? ;)

Clans won last time with all the new mechs I don't see why they can't do it again.

#42 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

View Postdraiocht, on 27 June 2015 - 09:13 AM, said:

This announcement seems weird. It sounds like a call to cancel contracts and join up with the few colossal units; contrary to Russ's town hall which planned for those super-units to break up into smaller groups..?

Moreover, none of the reward/points were announced, so we don't know if that's actually in our best interest. All I see on the challenge page is "CW Hard Core Unit Challenge 10 points" for the flower-skirted bobble girl....

Might want to go READ what he said vs what someone else thinks he said.

And do not hold your breath until you read that.

#43 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 27 June 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

Might want to go READ what he said vs what someone else thinks he said.

And do not hold your breath until you read that.

Err, sorry, that's basically what I thought I heard during the town hall (in the brief time I listened from however many hours it was). Is there something you could point me to?

(Of course, admittedly, I usually only act on what actually is in the game, rather than whatever is planned so far in advance~)

#44 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:10 PM

I like the idea of event, but in current form it will be a "The Succession War 4" event.... Since everyone will be stealing planets from each other by any dirty trick possible.

Makes me:

Posted Image

It should be Clans vs IS centered... and only group based. Lone wolfing should be next to zero in CW - because it ruins the experience.

#45 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 26 June 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Is this going to be calculated in a way that prevents MS being the auto-winners of the planet ownership and event points, or does the fact that they outnumber everybody else already guarantee them first place?

Mercstar is not the biggest unit. SRot, SWOL, BWC, CI, and MRDR are bigger. Those other units combined have ~1800 members.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 27 June 2015 - 05:19 PM.

#46 Mad Dog Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 489 posts
  • LocationOutlaw On The Run, Faster than a Stolen Gun

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:14 PM

At least they'll gather a pretty damn good amount of data from this event.

Heatmaps, logistics, analytics, all that fun stuff.

#47 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:35 PM

View PostTank, on 27 June 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

I like the idea of event, but in current form it will be a "The Succession War 4" event.... Since everyone will be stealing planets from each other by any dirty trick possible.

Makes me:

Posted Image

It should be Clans vs IS centered... and only group based. Lone wolfing should be next to zero in CW - because it ruins the experience.

Says you. Maybe I will fight for Kurita for this event, who knows? Just use in-game-VOIP and your PUGs will have some direction at least.

#48 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:55 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 27 June 2015 - 09:35 PM, said:

Says you. Maybe I will fight for Kurita for this event, who knows? Just use in-game-VOIP and your PUGs will have some direction at least.

By the time of the event, we will be back in FRR - restoring it from the Clans grasp. My direction in CW fall along with the lore of Battletech universe, anything else is ignored. For you to understand: we only care in restoring that greenish area on the map, if you wish to get your petty points on the event, fight among us or find your own pugs.

P.S. We usually shut comms of "Great Commanders" and proceed with our own vision of assisting the battle. :rolleyes:

#49 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:13 AM

View PostVaskadar, on 27 June 2015 - 06:14 PM, said:

At least they'll gather a pretty damn good amount of data from this event.

Heatmaps, logistics, analytics, all that fun stuff.

That would be very good news if PGI had at any point in the past displayed any ability or willingness to learn from such data.

View PostLORD ORION, on 27 June 2015 - 10:04 AM, said:

Emergency plan to stop us from reaching Terra huh?

It will in all likelihood have the exact opposite effect.

#50 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:30 AM

Who wants to bet this is for IS Medallions?

Who wants to see more balanced CW events? Balanced = not favoring IS or Clan like some of the Usual Queue events involving Factions.

Always nice to have a weekend off.

#51 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 444 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:01 AM

Planet overtake between IS has dried out with the low population and the obstructing boring attack/defend and the 10min wait plus extra.

Plz make so quicker progess of completing a good system, 8 months of beta testing without a grand-system is actually jut alpha testing.

Deliver!

#52 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

Would have been nice if more advanced notice was given. Some merc corps are going to be stuck in Factions where there will be less action. As much fun as the ghost drop game PGI made, fighting real opponents is 1000 times better.

Edited by Zolaz, 28 June 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#53 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

enable a public queue and watch cw blossom

#54 DaisuSaikoro Nagasawa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 973 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTaipei, Taiwan

Posted 28 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 27 June 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

Mercstar is not the biggest unit. SRot, SWOL, BWC, CI, and MRDR are bigger. Those other units combined have ~1800 members.

They all have an average of 350 users? And MS is smaller? Do you mean that the other units are stronger than MS? I've heard the same thing but I didn't think that would come from one of their members.

#55 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:31 PM

Nice to see the announcement about upcoming events.
Gives you a chance to discuss things with your unit and look at some builds.

That this event will likely cover multiple planets and borders, it would be nice to see some conflicts evolve in different areas.
Nothing to stop IS vs IS and Clan vs Clan battles from occurring. I may even be a nice change of pace.
Just up to us to declare where we want to fight.

I would suggest to everyone that we do look at spreading out the battles across more planets. With the event we will likely see some rewards and incentives so I expect to see more players involved.
Lets see how far we an shift the various borders and change the map.

#56 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 28 June 2015 - 11:22 PM

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 28 June 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

They all have an average of 350 users? And MS is smaller? Do you mean that the other units are stronger than MS? I've heard the same thing but I didn't think that would come from one of their members.

Yes Mercstar now currently has only 300 members. So we are big but also smaller then the other units. But we make up for it in skill, strategy and ability to win matchs concistanly over long periods of time. Take at it what u will, just don't start a flame war because of a group of highly skilled players just love working together to win like any other team. We just do it better than others. ;)

#57 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:02 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 27 June 2015 - 10:44 AM, said:

Clans won last time with all the new mechs I don't see why they can't do it again.

Clans won because there were less of them and their individual units were able to drop more than the IS. Also most of the Clanners were dropping in organized 12 mans, a much smaller percentage of the IS units were organized 12 mans, although there were many more IS units than Clan. This greatly swung the odds in the Clanners' favor, I know, I was dropping with the Clanners on my ALT account for this very reason (and I have a nifty cockpit item for that account because of it). The problem is not the superiority of the Clan mechs, it is just statistics and a weak point in the matchmaker.

#58 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:06 AM

I have reached the point where I play to shoot things in the face.

If and when ever CW has value and meaning then I will be more involved in hey lets take planet x and drive back faction y

#59 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

I'm kinda inclined to say a big fat NO to all 'yall who think you can just join a unit "for the duration od the tournament"

Flack you guys! We'r not your cash-cows or game servers... If you wanna join a unit, join it cose you want to, not cose it suits your current need to win personal prizes..

And besides, plenty of merc units around... so go to them.

P.S.

This tournament is a PGI attempt to promote creating lots of small units, ant that is completely in line with what Russ said during the latest Town Hall...

So maybe you guys that have nowhere to play, hey, from your own friggin unit. How bout that?

Edited by Vellron2005, 29 June 2015 - 05:29 AM.

#60 M E X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 381 posts
  • Locationg-town, Vienna, Austria, EU.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 29 June 2015 - 12:02 AM, said:

Clans won because there were less of them and their individual units were able to drop more than the IS. Also most of the Clanners were dropping in organized 12 mans, a much smaller percentage of the IS units were organized 12 mans, although there were many more IS units than Clan. This greatly swung the odds in the Clanners' favor, I know, I was dropping with the Clanners on my ALT account for this very reason (and I have a nifty cockpit item for that account because of it). The problem is not the superiority of the Clan mechs, it is just statistics and a weak point in the matchmaker.
There was a SINGLE reason why the Clans won at Tukkayid :

GHOST DROPS were not possible !

Otherwise the many IS teams waiting in the queue for a drop would have recaptured any won sector at least TWICE, reducing the Clans to ZERO ;P

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users