• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tennex, 26 June 2015 - 07:15 PM.

#2 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:23 PM

Similar, but not the same.

I like that they are immediately visually distinct. Also need a Jenner chicken-walker.

#3 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 26 June 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Similar, but not the same.

I like that they are immediately visually distinct. Also need a Jenner chicken-walker.

Like the originals, but not

#4 SgtMagor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:13 PM

are these going to be offered as a mech pack, or are they just going to show up on the mechs for sale page in the Lab separately.

#5 TexAce

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

Wait are those clan mechs or IS mechs? I thought we won't get IS mechs with clan weapons anytime soon because power creep and so on...?

I don't play clans, that's why I am asking

#6 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

They are Clan Mechs.

IIC is a Clan variation/rebuild on the original Star League Mechs that they took with them when they originally split from the Inner Sphere some 300yrs ago.

They look fantastic BTW. Im a bit unsure about balance issues though. Maybe no hardpoint inflation and restricted engine types and ratings?

#7 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:31 PM

View PostBig Black Wolf, on 26 June 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Wait are those clan mechs or IS mechs? I thought we won't get IS mechs with clan weapons anytime soon because power creep and so on...?

I don't play clans, that's why I am asking

From lore, those are clan second line mechs. They are upgrades of old SLDF chassis with clan tech but not omnipods.

#8 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostSgtMagor, on 26 June 2015 - 04:13 PM, said:

are these going to be offered as a mech pack, or are they just going to show up on the mechs for sale page in the Lab separately.

Upcoming Clan Mech Pack.

#9 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,469 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:35 PM

This would be the first wave of the much-feared "Clan BattleMech" issue. Ostensibly, these four IIC machines will have Sphere-style freedom of customization with Clan equipment, at the cost of no Omnipod system. Freely swappable dynamic Endo/Ferro, freely selectable cXL engine weights, the full suite of Clan weaponry.

There has been...concern...since the introduction of the Clan tech base as to how Clan BattleMechs will work. I suppose we'll find out soon now. Though frankly? I don't care how it works so long as I get to pilot that Jenner. So good...

#10 Team Chevy86

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

This is going to sound ignorant, but whats an iic? What's the difference between them and what we have now? Are they supposed to be stronger?

EDIT: nvm partially answered

Edited by Team Chevy86, 26 June 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#11 vandalhooch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 891 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

Do they get IS XLs or Clan? That is the biggest balance issue I see right now.

View PostTeam Chevy86, on 26 June 2015 - 04:38 PM, said:

This is going to sound ignorant, but whats an iic? What's the difference between them and what we have now? Are they supposed to be stronger?

EDIT: nvm partially answered

II for second generation and c for clan.

If I remember right, many of the IIc mechs had different tonnages than their IS counterparts. Marauder IIc comes to mind. Any word on that?

#12 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:47 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 26 June 2015 - 04:40 PM, said:

Do they get IS XLs or Clan? That is the biggest balance issue I see right now.

II for second generation and c for clan.

If I remember right, many of the IIc mechs had different tonnages than their IS counterparts. Marauder IIc comes to mind. Any word on that?

Thunderbolt and locust IIc 5 tons heavier than their counterparts.

#13 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

View Postlordtzar, on 26 June 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

Thunderbolt and locust IIc 5 tons heavier than their counterparts.

Posted Image

Do want

#14 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:50 PM

View Postvandalhooch, on 26 June 2015 - 04:31 PM, said:

From lore, those are clan second line mechs. They are upgrades of old SLDF chassis with clan tech but not omnipods.

Correct. But according to Lore, Omnimechs are flat-out better than Battlemechs. In MWO that's not really the case, so these run a pretty high risk of being OP unless PGI is very careful.

#15 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 26 June 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

Correct. But according to Lore, Omnimechs are flat-out better than Battlemechs. In MWO that's not really the case, so these run a pretty high risk of being OP unless PGI is very careful.

No mech group should be flat out better than any other mechs IMO

#16 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 26 June 2015 - 04:50 PM, said:

True - but in the lore, part of the superiority of omnimechs over IIC's was their versatility and their ease of repair - not necessarily their overall performance. Repair and Rearm doesn't exist here, so that's one advantage nullified.

And holy cow, that Jenner looks amazing.

Now, if only the 'Sphere could wield one or two of these in their CW dropdecks...

#17 Roadkill

• 3,610 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostTennex, on 26 June 2015 - 04:52 PM, said:

No mech group should be flat out better than any other mechs IMO

View PostKiiyor, on 26 June 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

True - but in the lore, part of the superiority of omnimechs over IIC's was their versatility and their ease of repair - not necessarily their overall performance. Repair and Rearm doesn't exist here, so that's one advantage nullified.

Right. That's my point. In in the lore, the IIC Mechs were "2nd line" because lore. Or in any kind of campaign where repair & rearm could come into play.

In MWO, none of that exists, and all tech is supposed to be roughly equal. But part of that equality is that Clan Omnimechs aren't allowed to freely upgrade like IS Battlemechs can.

IIC variants aren't Omnimechs, they're Battlemechs. So if PGI keeps with their current policy, the IIC variants will be able to use Clan tech but will also have the ability to freely upgrade just like IS Mechs.

Think about it. If you could carry Clan tech on IS variants, would you ever bother with a Clan Omnimech again?

So PGI's going to have to be very careful to ensure that these IIC variants are not OP. Something that we don't know yet is going to seem like a nerf, but it'll be intended to keep their power at the same level as IS Battlemechs and Clan Omnimechs.

#18 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostRoadkill, on 26 June 2015 - 05:04 PM, said:

Right. That's my point. In in the lore, the IIC Mechs were "2nd line" because lore. Or in any kind of campaign where repair & rearm could come into play.

In MWO, none of that exists, and all tech is supposed to be roughly equal. But part of that equality is that Clan Omnimechs aren't allowed to freely upgrade like IS Battlemechs can.

IIC variants aren't Omnimechs, they're Battlemechs. So if PGI keeps with their current policy, the IIC variants will be able to use Clan tech but will also have the ability to freely upgrade just like IS Mechs.

Think about it. If you could carry Clan tech on IS variants, would you ever bother with a Clan Omnimech again?

So PGI's going to have to be very careful to ensure that these IIC variants are not OP. Something that we don't know yet is going to seem like a nerf, but it'll be intended to keep their power at the same level as IS Battlemechs and Clan Omnimechs.

Yep, I agree, and i'm trepidatious too - but PGI must have a plan written somewhere on a paper jet to deal with this. My initial hunch is quirks, or hardpoints. I don't think we'll see a 6ERMLAS Jenner IIC running around - I daresay all the old Jenner F guard will be salivating at the possibility of coring mechs out in that thing.

One of the Jenner variants in Sarna has 4 energy though. 4 CMPLS or SPL's on a 150 kph machine will be insane.

They could always offer these to the 'Sphere as well. I'd be happy with allowing a single IIC mech slot allowed in IS dropdecks ;)

#19 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:13 PM

Soon.

Posted Image

Edited by Tennex, 26 June 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#20 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostTennex, on 26 June 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

Posted Image

Soon.

Not to be a buzzkill, but the Owens has SHS hardwired into it. :( It also doesn't have Endo Steel, which is even more important for the IS because they don't get reduced weight equipment like the Clans do. No FF either.

Also, it has some equipment like a C3 computer hardwired too...I wonder how PGI would handle that.

http://bte.battletec...te/pdf/4778.pdf

Edited by FupDup, 26 June 2015 - 05:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users