Mastery Bundles - New Content Available!

15 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:34 PM

4 New Mastery Bundles were added to the in-game Store on June 16th
Griffin Mastery Bundle
Trebuchet Mastery Bundle
JagerMech Mastery Bundle
Banshee Mastery Bundle
Mastery Bundles are always offered at a 50% discount compared to the standard cost of all the included items, and come with everything you need to help get your 'Mech chassis to Mastered Skill status: a Hero 'Mech, a Champion 'Mech, a Standard Variant, 3 Mech Bays, and 30 days of Active Premium Time!

Content

Total value in MC

Bundle Discount

In-game Price

Griffin Mastery Bundle

• 3 Mech Bays
  • Griffin Hero Mech: GRF-1E "Sparky"
  • Griffin Champion Mech: GRF-1S(C)
  • Griffin Standard Mech: GRF-2N
  • 30 Days Active Premium Time*

13,900 MC

50%

6,010 MC

Trebuchet Mastery Bundle

• 3 Mech Bays
  • Trebuchet Hero: TBT-LG "Loup De Guerre"
  • Trebuchet Champion 'Mech: TBT-7M(C)
  • Trebuchet Standard 'Mech: TBT-3C
  • Cockpit Item Trebuchet Statue

15,185 MC

50%

7,560 MC

JagerMech Mastery Bundle

• 3 Mech Bays
  • JagerMech Hero: JM6-FB "Firebrand"
  • JagerMech Champion 'Mech: JM6-A(C)
  • JagerMech Standard 'Mech: JM6-S
  • Cockpit Item JagerMech Statue

13,850 MC

50%

6,925 MC

Banshee Mastery Bundle

• 3 Mech Bays
  • Banshee Hero: BNC-LM - " La Malinche"
  • Banshee Champion 'Mech: BNC-3M(C)
  • Banshee Standard 'Mech: BNC-3E

18,370 MC

50%

9,185 MC

* Premium Time allotments provided through Mastery Bundles are activated at time of purchase!
Check out all the Bundles through the in-game Store now!

#2 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:52 PM

Sigh.

It's too late guys, I bought The Munchie when it went on sale for 50% off a while back! I asked and asked for a mastery bundle, and just got tired of waiting for you guys to take my money!

It is always a good deal to add more of these packs though, they really are a solid value if you plan on buying the hero anyway because of the mech bays and PT. Plus a lot of the (C) variants have goodies like XL engines($$) and DHS upgrades already, so it makes it pretty easy a pill to swallow for the savings in grind time. Of note: good on you for picking the Jager S, the DD is pretty pricey if I recall and that would have driven the MC price up a bit.

#3 LORD ORION

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:00 PM

Ermmm.... why is the Treb bundle more expensive than the Griffin bundle?

Edited by LORD ORION, 26 June 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#4 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:29 PM

View PostLORD ORION, on 26 June 2015 - 04:00 PM, said:

Probably the cockpit item.

#5 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

The reason is because all 3 versions come with pretty hefty XL engines. That large C-Bill cost does make the pack rather expensive. However, while it drives up the price of the pack, you're getting 3 good sized (and popular) XL engines that you'll be able to swap around builds for quite a long time.

It's still a really good value.

#6 Haladrius

Rookie

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:45 PM

Wow! I definitely will be taking advantage of this opportunity. Are the new bundles going to be on-going or temporary?

#7 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:53 PM

Because of the variants selected, mostly. The Treb statue only adds MC375 to the pack price.

I've got the breakdowns on the packs here:
http://mwomercs.com/...eviews-welcome/

The Hero prices are hard-locked to the tonnage, so their loadouts don't mean as much. But, as Sereglach noted, the XL engines make the big difference.

The Champ and the 3rd Wheel are much more expensive in the Treb pack than the Griffin pack due XL engines, but not exactly because the Champs have XLs. The Champion prices are calculated from the base c-bill purchasable variant, not from the loadout of the Champion itself.

So because the stock, c-bill purchasable TBT-7M has an XL (smaller, but it's got it), that means that the Champ's price adds 25% to a more expensive base price. The basic c-bill purchasable GRF-1S is cheaper (because standard engine) than the basic c-bill purchasable TBT-7M, and adds 25% to a cheaper base price, which means it's still cheaper.

Incidentally, it's why people buy certain Champs on sale for MC and "flip" them for c-bills. Many of them have XLs, but their price is based on a c-bill variant's stock loadout that's got a standard engine. Therefore, there's more bang for the resale buck because of the XL engine, assuming someone's willing to spend MC to flip mechs for cash in the first place.

TL;DR: Basically because of XL engines, but also because of quirks with Champs, their loadouts and upgrades, and the way the price scaling works.

Edited by Virlutris, 26 June 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#8 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 26 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

still no vindicator bundel

#9 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:00 AM

View PostBoaz Roshak, on 26 June 2015 - 08:05 PM, said:

still no vindicator bundel
No Vindicator Champion.

Mastery Bundles require 1 Hero, 1 Champion, 1 Normal.

- Also, 2 weeks late there lads.

Edited by Ovion, 27 June 2015 - 04:00 AM.

#10 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 27 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Long time overdue these news. Alredy got myself the Cicada and Dragon bundles.

#11 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:24 AM

Will the Mastery Packs eventually make their way into the gift store? Better for those that might want to give a specific pack to a buddy who is just starting out or returning from a long hiatus.

#12 M4NTiC0R3X

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

Cool, not. Shall we spend 3 more years making bundles for clans then? That's all I see happening from this company. God, yes god, I hope PGI you lose your contract in 2018.. Better yet, sell your rights now, stop depriving the gaming world of what mech warrior deserves, completeness. Scrapping f2p done wrong, really wrong. Chasing people away for the most part should be ashamed w/ your crappy coded mw2 demo

#13 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 28 June 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

Will the Mastery Packs eventually make their way into the gift store? Better for those that might want to give a specific pack to a buddy who is just starting out or returning from a long hiatus.

I'd love this. It makes a world of sense. I'd like a bunch of other stuff too, but this makes soooooo much sense.

#yesplz

#14 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:54 PM

View PostM4NTiC0R3X, on 28 June 2015 - 01:02 PM, said:

Cool, not. Shall we spend 3 more years making bundles for clans then? That's all I see happening from this company. God, yes god, I hope PGI you lose your contract in 2018.. Better yet, sell your rights now, stop depriving the gaming world of what mech warrior deserves, completeness. Scrapping f2p done wrong, really wrong. Chasing people away for the most part should be ashamed w/ your crappy coded mw2 demo
You mean paying the bills?

With one of the more balanced f2p systems around?

And that if mwo dies that's basically it, being they tried a traditional game and no one wanted to buy it.

Being you're playing it, you must enjoy, otherwise why stay?
The game is progressing and improving, it's enjoyable, and we very unlikely to get a thing if mwo dies.

#15 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

I think something that puts me off is buying mechs with real money which then need C-Bills to be spent on them to equip them with engines and equipment.

The idea of spending real money is either to jump in to the game without a long grind or if you are a long tem player to acquire new mechs while saving your precious C-Bills for modules etc.

For example Sparky is in one of these mastery packs (and also on sale this weekend) yet this Hero Mech does not even have double heatsinks!

In fact to take this mech and equip it with double heatsinks, endo and a 350 Xl would cost you 8 million C-Bills!

Now I already have XLs aplenty because I have been playing since the dawn of time (not quite but you get the idea), but for a new player you are paying real money for the pleasure of grinding anyway to fit the mechs out.

#16 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

You can buy c-bills if you're that way inclined, and with a hero earn far easier than without - likely kitted out within a few days at worst.

Also helps you learn the Mech and basic / Elite it while you kit it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users