Cyclops

#102 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

Currently, it looks like the Javelin has the lead for lights. The Assassin is just ahead of the Bushwhacker. The Falconer, Penetrator & Hammerhands are pretty close for heavies. Assaults are a bit of a mess but the Annihilator seems to have the lead with the Crockett/Katana and Thug trying to catch up.

#103 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

I think the Cyclops is probably going to be the next assault I would guess.. but maybe not.

#104 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

Vulcan is maybe even better choice for medium than Assassin, because it has three variants that are different enough to be more or less directly transferred to MWO (2T, 5T and 5S). It's also an IS MASC option.

But we all know how great ballistics on a 40t mech work out...

#105 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 30 June 2015 - 01:29 PM, said:

I think the Cyclops is probably going to be the next assault I would guess.. but maybe not.

Yeah, when I started this thread I thought more ppl would be clamoring for the Cyclops. I don't really think it'd be a good choice though.

View Postzagibu, on 30 June 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Vulcan is maybe even better choice for medium than Assassin, because it has three variants that are different enough to be more or less directly transferred to MWO (2T, 5T and 5S). It's also an IS MASC option.

Yeah, that's why I favour the Assassin.

#106 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:22 PM

View PostTheArisen, on 30 June 2015 - 04:15 PM, said:

Yeah, when I started this thread I thought more ppl would be clamoring for the Cyclops. I don't really think it'd be a good choice though.

Whether its a good choice or not, I don't know, it just seems likely because of that poll between the Cyclops and the Zeus. I agree though, mixed hardpoints, low mounted ST ballistic... doesn't scream awesomeness..

#107 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:26 PM

I think it's a wise step in terms of balance to introduce IS omnis. The closer Clans and IS can get to each other, the more asymmetrical gameplay goes away, and I know asymmetrical gameplay is just sooo cool, but honestly, PGI has not proven themselves capable of balancing such a system.

#108 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

View PostMoldur, on 30 June 2015 - 04:26 PM, said:

I think it's a wise step in terms of balance to introduce IS omnis. The closer Clans and IS can get to each other, the more asymmetrical gameplay goes away, and I know asymmetrical gameplay is just sooo cool, but honestly, PGI has not proven themselves capable of balancing such a system.

Omnis would be fun and I want them because I really want the Raptor, but they wouldn't bring any sort of balance without the 3060+ IS tech upgrades and even after that, they are still somewhat gimpy since they all have XL engines. In most cases, they'd need some great hit-boxes and possibly an assist from armor and twist buffs. 'Mechs like the BJ-O are pretty well f*cked, since it's basically a 50-ton Jagermech stuck running no faster than 71.3 after Tweak.

#109 Sir Wulfrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 872 posts
  • LocationIn a warship, over your planet :-)

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:08 PM

I'd love to have a Penetrator and an Annihilator. Can't comment on medium or light choices as I don't use them. The Penetrator and Annihilator would be interesting opposition for the Timberwolf and Direwolf respectively.

#110 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

Just give us the damn Assassin already.

#111 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:03 PM

Gold Mad Cat MK II problem solved game over!

#112 zeta44

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

Uziel, why? Because uziel.

Not sure about time periods though

Edited by zeta44, 01 July 2015 - 12:07 AM.

#113 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:04 AM

View Postzagibu, on 30 June 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

Well, with an XL engine, you could probably slap a gauss or an AC20 in its Torso.
And if it looks anything like the TT, it'd probably be fine with it, being a Scarecrow, more or less.

I really, do think that the Vulcan would be a nice addition to the roster. Assassin too, but i like the Vulcan a bit more.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 01 July 2015 - 12:05 AM.

#114 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:15 AM

View Postzeta44, on 01 July 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

Uziel, why? Because uziel.

Not sure about time periods though

15 more year wait.

#115 Grey Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 661 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

Still waiting on the Cyclops.

With MWO's current Omni Rules, I would be utterly flabbergasted if they showed up anytime soon.

#116 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:52 AM

kodiak
kodiak
kodiak
kodiak2

#117 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:13 AM

View PostTitannium, on 01 July 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

kodiak
kodiak
kodiak
kodiak2

Haha technically this I'd the Inner sphere pack discussion thread. The Kodiak would be a nice addition to the IS. ;)

#118 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 30 June 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

Omnis would be fun and I want them because I really want the Raptor, but they wouldn't bring any sort of balance without the 3060+ IS tech upgrades and even after that, they are still somewhat gimpy since they all have XL engines. In most cases, they'd need some great hit-boxes and possibly an assist from armor and twist buffs. 'Mechs like the BJ-O are pretty well f*cked, since it's basically a 50-ton Jagermech stuck running no faster than 71.3 after Tweak.

This is quite true. Some omni mechs are just terribly designed. Although some are pretty scary. For example, some clan mechs are bad despite clan tech.

#119 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Hammerhands, Nightstar, Devastator, Annihilator. Call it the Big Bore Bundle or DakkaPack.

Yes, I know three of them are assaults, and I don't care.

#120 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:35 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 30 June 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

Owens: 35 ton light with SHS, no Endo, no FF, hardwired TAG + BAP + C3 Slave...lulz

Strider: 40 ton medium with SHS, no FF, hardwired double CASE, and STD240 engine (same speed as Stormcrow...)...double lulz

Sometimes I really wonder what the BT engineers were thinking with the mechs they churn out. It's almost like they WANTED to lose the war...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users