133 replies to this topic

#41 Cranky Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 114 posts
  • LocationHarem of French Poodles

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:20 PM

Love the idea of breakable trees. Time to introduce the AXEMAN MECH...not only to chop down trees but to also cut down enemy mechs literally.

Also i am still pushing for a 16 weapon ATLAS....it needs to return to its former glory as KING OF THE BATTLEFIELD. More weapon hardpoints please!!! The ATLAS mechs are 100 tons...i am sure we can put more guns on it. Better yet just upgrade the BOARSHEAD...2 center torso weapon mounts, 4 right torso weapon mount, 4 left torso weapon mount, and leave the 6 weapon mounts on the arms.

GUNS GUNS GUNS AND MORE GUNS.....MORE GUNS!!!!

Edited by Cranky Puppy, 29 June 2015 - 01:22 PM.

#42 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

Ryan is really great at explaining the more technical aspects of the games art in laymans' terms, making them easy to understand for those of us who are scared of art ;)

#43 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:22 PM

Lazors dont cut trees...

This makes my lights happy.

#44 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

Some observations:

Yes, I too figured that Ryan had some whiskey in front of him. I would need such fortification if I were sitting at a table with not one, but two beautiful women and I had to answer questions without a massive grin getting in the way of my ability to speak.

More importantly, the moon in the sky above River City doesn't move with time of day. What this means is very significant. It proves that River City is on a planet that defies what we understand about stars and planets. In this case, the sun revolves around the planet, which is amazing! I wonder how many other solar systems in our galaxy are like that?

View PostW A R K H A N, on 29 June 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

Anyone else notice the centurion holding the mic? :D

Yes, and that beautiful AC/20. I do hope they'll do something with the graphics on the Yen-Lo-Wang and other centurions to restore their great looks!

Edited by Peiper, 29 June 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#45 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:28 PM

This is much more fluid and natural than the last effort. Well done Tina, Viona and Ryan.

Edited by Appogee, 29 June 2015 - 01:44 PM.

#46 EgoSlayer

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location[REDACTED]

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

Yes, and I totally want one :)

#47 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:31 PM

Great vidlog! Alot of interesting insight regarding the new upcoming details, features and so on. Thanks :lol:

#48 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:32 PM

He looks kinda depressed.

#49 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

Yep, it has the old gun arm - not like the emasculated ones we have in-game :(

#50 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:47 PM

The new River City looks incredible. At this point I'm honestly thinking map updates like this one would be a far better use of the environment crew's time than entire new maps. RC's going to be a whole new ball game, Forest Colony might actually stop sucking, and when they finally get around to Alpine and making it more than a rendered topomap with snow textures...hnnnnngh.
Say what you will about balance. If this is any indication, the longstanding "MAPS SUCK!" complaints 'round these parts may finally be a thing of the past real soon now.

Much goodness.

P.S. quit bothering poor Tina :P It's not her fault she comes off as a cross between your favorite pre-teen daughter and a pixie!

#51 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:48 PM

View PostPeiper, on 29 June 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

Some observations:

Yes, I too figured that Ryan had some whiskey in front of him. I would need such fortification if I were sitting at a table with not one, but two beautiful women and I had to answer questions without a massive grin getting in the way of my ability to speak.

Le sigh. I know there's some leeway for "just joking around", but seriously... act like you've talked to a girl before people ;)

Anyway, nice video. The new map looks awesome from what we've seen, and I look forward to being able to see what I'm doing on River City Night. Thermal has been tanking my FPS lately for some reason, so dark maps that don't require thermal/night vision 100% of the time will be a welcome change.

The insight into the technical side of the project was cool as well. I do know a little bit about the technical terms and processes (several friends and former roommate have worked at Bioware here in Edmonton) but Ryan did an excellent job translating for "those of us without a computer sciences degree" :D

#52 aniviron

• 3,752 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:50 PM

BREAKABLE STATUE HYPE

#53 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:55 PM

View Postaniviron, on 29 June 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

BREAKABLE STATUE HYPE
I swear, I've more deaths on River City due to those statues than any other cause. I'm going to smash them every time I drop on RC from the updated map release onwards for the next 3 years.

#54 The Mech behind you

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationGermany, Northern Baden-Württemberg

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

HAHAHAHAHA! I know exactly what I will do first when the new River City is released. I walk over to the goverment building and stomp those statues into the ground. Again and again and again. REVENGE WILL BE MINE!!! :D

Nice VLog! The new River City looks awesome! And this time it really looks like an urban enviroment not just like a small colony. I hope it doesn't kill the framerate.

Sooo... weather effects coming soon? Like playing Tourmaline in 2017, match started and both teams reach their sniping spots, starting a long range engagement when suddenly a sandstorm comes up and you can't see ****? LOL!

P.S. That mic wielding YLW! :wub:

#55 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

Great video. Really glad to hear about the new art tools to speed up production.

#56 Kyle Travis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:10 PM

Thanks to all involved - enjoyed the v-log and look forward to seeing the improvements in game.

Roll on the next V-log

#57 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:29 PM

Wow, you guys' office is much bigger than I imagined XD I still want one of those Yen Lo Wang statues, and I'll add in Tina's shirt :P (I know it can't happen with the rights still being MS, but a man can dream)

Also, this Vlog was a definite improvement over the prior one. :) A few more of these and you'll be a pro!

I really hope that Forest Colony gets some deep water... Like, you could flank entirely submerged and hidden out in an oceanic trench or something. Would be really kool.

But, good work on the map so far, looks gorgeous! Keep it up!

#58 Nacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 661 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

\o/ I'm happy to see more good progress!

I do have one request for the Dev Vlog video... Please stop the background music. It get very annoying when listening to them for such a long time.

#59 HA HA POOP

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

Yes, much better than the last vlog, Tina sounds a lot more confident. :wub:

#60 Wronka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 180 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:00 PM

Great vlog! I'll be honest I said the last one wasn't great, I even posted saying so, but this one was excellent. Keep up the good work, very excited for the new map and features.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users