• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,757 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:01 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 01 July 2015 - 02:25 PM, said:

Clan Mercstar deserves rewards.

The rest of Clan Wolf... would be more like Ghost Bear as currently constituted.

It's Mercstar's world, and we're playing in it.

Pretty much this, they are one of the few dedicated CW units, and they formed the conglomerate to do just this. Basically it is proof that CW as a whole needs to be rethought.

#102 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:49 PM

View PostKiraOnime, on 01 July 2015 - 08:34 AM, said:

MS won terra. Had they went say, Jade Falcon, JF would of won.

Actually...

Here are the Tukayyid totals:
Wolf - 34,350
Falcon - 19,427
Bear - 19,157
Jaguar - 12,632

When we total up the 25 top Wolf and Falcon units with the unit statistics, we get different totals, likely because pugs and smaller units didn't get factored in to the top 25, but nonetheless had a substantial impact on the final score:

New Totals (Top 25 Units Only):
Wolf - 21,404
Falcon - 12,829

Taking the original totals and subtracting the Top 25 Unit totals, we get what we can call, "The Pug Total:"

Pug Total:
Wolf - 12,946
Falcon - 6,598

So here's where it gets interesting. If you take ALL of MS's total wins away from Wolf, here's what you get:
Wolf - 28,686

So even if MS played for JF, the ending totals would be:
Wolf - 28,686
Falcon - 25,091

MS is a power house, but Clan Wolf has 3 very large, lore-based units: SWOL, CWI, and CWDG. Clan Wolf is also a fairly popular faction with the pugs, as evidenced by nearly half of the final Tukayyid score being comprised of non-top 25 units/solo players.

If you take away the 5,664 wins from Clan Wolf via MercStar's contributions, it doesn't make a difference in the end result. You could add those 5,664 wins to any Clan or IS faction that isn't Wolf, and Wolf would still have the lead in points. You could probably argue that if MercStar was fighting for the IS, they would have won the planet, but let's not kid ourselves here. The majority of GOOD units in CW are mercenaries, and whichever side has more of them is generally going to win the event. The whole, "Mercs fighting for Clans," argument is a completely separate thing that's already been discussed to death, but for your argument, the stats are publicly available, and the numbers don't lie. Clan Wolf won the highest amount of victories on Tukayyid, fair and square.

Sources:
http://mwomercs.com/...nts?t=201504tuk
http://mwomercs.com/...yid-unit-stats/

Edited by Aresye Kerensky, 01 July 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#103 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:07 PM

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 01 July 2015 - 03:49 PM, said:

Actually...

Here are the Tukayyid totals:
Wolf - 34,350
Falcon - 19,427
Bear - 19,157
Jaguar - 12,632

When we total up the 25 top Wolf and Falcon units with the unit statistics, we get different totals, likely because pugs and smaller units didn't get factored in to the top 25, but nonetheless had a substantial impact on the final score:

New Totals (Top 25 Units Only):
Wolf - 21,404
Falcon - 12,829

Taking the original totals and subtracting the Top 25 Unit totals, we get what we can call, "The Pug Total:"

Pug Total:
Wolf - 12,946
Falcon - 6,598

So here's where it gets interesting. If you take ALL of MS's total wins away from Wolf, here's what you get:
Wolf - 28,686

So even if MS played for JF, the ending totals would be:
Wolf - 28,686
Falcon - 25,091

MS is a power house, but Clan Wolf has 3 very large, lore-based units: SWOL, CWI, and CWDG. Clan Wolf is also a fairly popular faction with the pugs, as evidenced by nearly half of the final Tukayyid score being comprised of non-top 25 units/solo players.

If you take away the 5,664 wins from Clan Wolf via MercStar's contributions, it doesn't make a difference in the end result. You could add those 5,664 wins to any Clan or IS faction that isn't Wolf, and Wolf would still have the lead in points. You could probably argue that if MercStar was fighting for the IS, they would have won the planet, but let's not kid ourselves here. The majority of GOOD units in CW are mercenaries, and whichever side has more of them is generally going to win the event. The whole, "Mercs fighting for Clans," argument is a completely separate thing that's already been discussed to death, but for your argument, the stats are publicly available, and the numbers don't lie. Clan Wolf won the highest amount of victories on Tukayyid, fair and square.

Sources:
http://mwomercs.com/...nts?t=201504tuk
http://mwomercs.com/...yid-unit-stats/

To be fair... if 228 was with JF (which seems to be their preferred Clan, as that is the case during this event), JF would be better than Wolf in the #s. 228 during Tukayyid was Kurita. Of course, this assumes that MS wasn't even counted.

Then again, the original premise is right... Mercs dictate CW.

Edited by Deathlike, 01 July 2015 - 04:08 PM.

#104 Sazabi Steppenwulfe

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOrestes Principal

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:39 PM

View PostBlueduck, on 29 June 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

Dear Russ,

The Wolf Alliance including Clan Wolf International, Star Wolves, MercStar, German Wolves, Clan Wolf Delta Galaxy, Interdiction, and many other units and lones wolves demand that you cede us Terra and a King's Bounty in booty.

We have broken your pathetic beta and have reached Terra. We are in the process of surrounding it now and demand that you surrender the planet in whole to us along with.

1) Free mechs for all wolf players
2) A minimum of 10 million cbills per wolf player
3) A cool medal thingie to commemorate our awesomeness

If you do not comply we will:

1) Break your impotent algorithm by completely surround Terra
2) Take our frustrations out on the remnants of FRR
3) Whine and cry in this thread.

Do the right thing and make sure our demands our met,

Your friend,

Blueduck

this is BULL ****, PGI. release ComGuard mechs or advance the time line to the Jihad era. we will not suffer these watered-down-Goon lackeys any longer. CW is pointless now

#105 Kristov Kerensky

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,909 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:41 AM

View PostSteppenwulf, on 01 July 2015 - 07:39 PM, said:

this is BULL ****, PGI. release ComGuard mechs or advance the time line to the Jihad era. we will not suffer these watered-down-Goon lackeys any longer. CW is pointless now

Pssst, CW has been pointless to date, it's still in beta, remember? Owning a planet gives you...nothing. Taking a planet gives you...nothing. Losing a planet costs you...nothing.

And, once again, per PGI, BattleTech history won't be changed by the actions of the players, so the Clans won't take Terra and they won't actually win at Tukayyid, no matter what the PLAYERS do in the game.

Looking at the CW map right now, IF we had logistics of ANY sort, Clan Wolf would be dead in space a few weeks ago, they are totally cut off from any lines of supply and reinforcement. CW needs logistics, then we'd see how well these groups do, cause it isn't all about the fighting alone when logistics come into play. And until CW has logistics, it'll never be more than a TDM without any purpose, and I know myself, and quite a few other Founders and non-Founders will be gone for good if they don't add logistics to CW.

Edited by Kristov Kerensky, 02 July 2015 - 10:42 AM.

#106 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

Okay clannerscum, well played. I laughed pretty hard here.

#107 Star Wolves Admin Account

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

Surrender now PGI!

#108 Whatzituyah

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

Someone go tweet Russ about this maybe he would get a good laugh.

#109 Tempest Borne

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:12 AM

If you can't tell, Blueduck started this thread for a bit of fun and to call attention to the "victory". I am sure the next iteration of CW will be an improvement and the one after that an improvement still. All it good fun!

However, If Russ does ceede Terra to Wolf, then I claim Texas and Australia! Beer and Tequila are on me at the party!

#110 _Pickle_

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

But what if the Remnants of the FRR (ME) don't want you to take out your frustration on us? :P

#111 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 04:43 AM

View PostBurktross, on 02 July 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Okay clannerscum, well played. I laughed pretty hard here.

Wolves are not Clanners. See the title? Wolf Alliance. Apparently they quit being Clan.

View PostTempest Borne, on 03 July 2015 - 03:12 AM, said:

If you can't tell, Blueduck started this thread for a bit of fun and to call attention to the "victory". I am sure the next iteration of CW will be an improvement and the one after that an improvement still. All it good fun!

However, If Russ does ceede Terra to Wolf, then I claim Texas and Australia! Beer and Tequila are on me at the party!

You can't have Texas unless you are trying to divide it again. Texlahoma? Jacinto? South Texas?

#112 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:53 AM

Australia is already Baja Britain.

#113 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:18 AM

Terra was ours from our Heroic VICTORY at the Battle of Tukkayid, I have a Banner in my mech to prove it.

#114 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

Dammit, I ran out of popcorn before I reached the end of the thread.

Going to have to order an Overlord Dropship full of Pop Secret to make sure that my popcorn lasts as long as the drama!

Xann

#115 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:15 AM

View PostAlexEss, on 29 June 2015 - 02:18 PM, said:

Now that is just cruel and unusual.... What did the FRR ever do to you people... =P

Stood in the path to Terra.

#116 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:29 AM

Take it. It' s yours. And this means what, If it has any real meaning I 'll just switch to your faction, like every body else in any other game does.

#117 Pat Kell

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:34 AM

LOL, omg this is too funny, and sad too...yea definitely sad. I'm almost embarrassed reading this, I feel bad for the wolves, thinking they have accomplished something...and then trying to brag about it...sad.

#118 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:38 AM

View PostLugh, on 16 July 2015 - 07:15 AM, said:

Stood in the path to Terra.

Complained about us being on their lawn?

#119 Sinister Maestro

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:59 AM

may i ask how many planets conquered Clan Wolf since -MS- switched to the FRR ?

#120 Chuck Jager

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:31 AM

I demand my 6 year niece bow to me when I beat her at chess. She does make fun of my bad singing and deserves as much.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users