285 replies to this topic

#101 Imigo Montoya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 297 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

The Event is already won by Merc Star.

Only beacuse every game with 80 Matchscore counts, there would be a chance for smaller Units to compete if only the people in the unit would count that reached the 10 personal points.

Merc Star has to many members, if every member would play one game with 80 score then they would reach 400+ without a realy struggle

btw. the -BO- (Black Outlaws) will do everything to reach a top position in Clan Smokejaguar... if you are a german Smokejaguar Player think about joining us for the event., everyone else is welcome to join our fights

Edited by Imigo Montoya, 30 June 2015 - 09:55 PM.

#102 PickleM0nster

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationScotland ,UK

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:57 PM

a time of posting Clan top 5 units- 2131 points... IS top 5 units -1001 points with MS 804 on their own and looking like they will surpass the IS top 5 on their own..
with the top FRR only 70 points.
all I say is the longer it goes on the more I hope the clans enjoy their ghost drops and pug farming.
I don't speak for many but those will be avoiding this event like the plague.

#103 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:32 PM

Jup GG for -MS- not even close for the others xD

#104 Amardez

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:04 AM

View PostAylek, on 30 June 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

OK guys... try to describe this in a single word that isn't 'ridiculous'... this is 6.5 hrs after the start of the event. How are small units supposed to compete in this at all?

Posted Image

777 points already? SERIOUSLY?

This reminds me of Band of Brother and Goons in Eve so big that they were beyond the reach or most people.

#105 Amardez

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 80 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

View PostPickle Monsoon, on 30 June 2015 - 10:57 PM, said:

a time of posting Clan top 5 units- 2131 points... IS top 5 units -1001 points with MS 804 on their own and looking like they will surpass the IS top 5 on their own..
with the top FRR only 70 points.
all I say is the longer it goes on the more I hope the clans enjoy their ghost drops and pug farming.
I don't speak for many but those will be avoiding this event like the plague.

It was no different when they were IS most of the other units just try and avoid them event or no

#106 Speedy Plysitkos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 01 July 2015 - 12:38 AM

forget CW. totaly garbage.

#107 Kosmaj

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:29 AM

"...Comunity warfare will bring new game mode to the game..."
Russ Bullock 2013 in tawn hall

and

"...there will be no mix- tech in game..."
Russ Bullock april 2013 in tawn hall

Due to this ^ i will probably ask to return my money from resistance 2 and be banned. thx PGI for not delivering promised contest ingame, for uninteresting game mode (CW) for not addressing ANY problems in game (balance, lack of content, ugly graphics, no co-op missions (convoy, scout, solaris, retreat, commando raid, base raids, etc, etc) mode against environment or players, no units base, for not listening to players (reedit action, your new IP fraud when russ said in town hall that after cw phase 1 they will focus on their new IP and only new changes for mwo will be only bug fixes, for scam with resistance 1 badges, for quirks and power creep, etc, etc)

Your only fix for mentioned problems are events with prizes. In good games you don't need to always put rewards because good game doesn't need them. You can do events from time to time to bring interest even higher but not always, not as a mean to keep the players playing your game. I Ask all of us, How many hula girls or mugs do you have? i have like 20 and i don't care for them. Those are cosmetics on ugly women, it won't help her and it won't help us.

Heard of eternal crusade? Developers of that game allready after 3 years of development brought more content that you! SHAME ON YOU! We can't even have simple co-op vs AI missions or simple hangar view where you can show your friends in game your stuff : "look at my mechs! look at my units base!" something simple like that, but nooooo we are PGI we know that we still try to leech as many dolars from you with new mech packs or hero mechs but this doesn't address single problem with the game.

And you still don't understand that we buy mech packs not because we like how the game is developing but we like those mechs, we like the BATTLETECH not you in case if you didn't get it after TRANSVERSE fail.
SHAME ON ME that i bought new resitance 2 mech pack.

And to the players : STOP ASKING FOR BETTER REWARDS ASK FOR BETTER GAME!!!!

end of rant

Edited by Kosmaj, 01 July 2015 - 02:38 AM.

#108 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:40 AM

i say, this event will bring 0 new CW players.

#109 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:44 AM

Actually, if you think about how many players especially on the IS side are bound to become frustrated and leave after they've seen how they could accomplish exactly nothing, you'd end up with a negative number of new CW players...

#110 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:29 AM

It seems there is no real incentive amongst IS to attack and regain a planet.

#111 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:32 AM

View PostOnmyoudo, on 26 June 2015 - 11:54 AM, said:

Is this going to be calculated in a way that prevents MS being the auto-winners of the planet ownership and event points, or does the fact that they outnumber everybody else already guarantee them first place?

OK, I am really a calm and relaxed person, but...

I hate nothing more than self fullfilling profecies (see quote) and here, dear PGI, are some more profecies I can make without having supernatural powers:
- I you do not find a possibility to supress autowins of challanges by only the size of a unit (as we are expiriencing it again at the moment, you will have a great problem to keep CW alife.
- There will probably come the point when a part of the community will start to avoid autoloss game agains largescal mercenary units by ragequitting (I already had that on my mind)
- And if that won't help, there might be the point where the community either splits up and starts to, well, how shall I say this... to get personal against certain player
- or their will just quitt MWO

Its just frustrating, that even prior to the publication of the event details there are posts in the announcement forums that focus exactly on that problem. And seriously... Why to participate in an event where you know that there is no winning chance? Me personally will get my 10 points and thats it, no CW for me until this is over. This problem needs to be solved to keep our fun and save you a lot of work and frustrating comments.

so now this was enough criticism and here come my idea how the issue could be solved:

- Have you ever thought about normalizing the points gathered in an event by the unit size?

that way, even smaller units could have the possibility to compete agains large ones and that what really counts is the performence in the match and not the number of matches

#112 McHoshi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:38 AM

Problem with this Event: It´s all about quantity instead of quality!

The big units got so many real bad players but got the most points in the end!
real good Units with not so many players, cause there aren´t so many good players out there will only got some points in the end of this event!

Greetings

btw. the -BO- (Black Outlaws) will do everything to reach a top position in Clan Smokejaguar... if you are a german Smokejaguar Player think about joining us for the event., everyone else is welcome to join our fights!

Edited by McHoshi, 01 July 2015 - 04:37 AM.

#113 Taj

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 153 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLodz, Poland

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:11 AM

In my opinion "OVERALL POINTS" should be divided by the number of members of the unit. It also would force greater involvement inside the units. :-)

But now it probably doesn't matter because the event has already started :P

#114 PickleM0nster

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationScotland ,UK

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:07 AM

"Started" !!!! its already over in my opinion.

#115 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:09 AM

View PostPickle Monsoon, on 01 July 2015 - 05:07 AM, said:

"Started" !!!! its already over in my opinion.

this.

900+ points, rest under 520. Clan of cheaters. isnt it former 66ah ?

Edited by Titannium, 01 July 2015 - 05:15 AM.

#116 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

question: if contract expires mid-event and you go to another faction, does your points for the previous faction just vanish? and you need to start over?

#117 Henkijo

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:52 AM

is there any reason why i can t see my unit`s score or do i have to wait until we reach a top 5 spot by a miracle

Edited by Henkijo, 01 July 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#118 Gylfie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 557 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:04 AM

Small unit can't be good
Becouse small unit = PUG
Only big unit = unit
Pgi all do right

#119 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:14 AM

Affect of Unit size on event
Russ said at the last town-hall that there were too many big units, and that unit size of about 100 players would be ideal.

Events like this show that almost any contest you set up, players are incentivized to gather into big units to leverage numerical superiority. If two units are able to play the same number of matches per-player and have a similar win/loss ratio, but one has more people than the other, the bigger unit is going to do better. If the larger unit has enough more players it could win even if the smaller unit won all of the matches its players participated in. This is very basic logic.

I am not upset by so-called 'super units' dominating these events. Banding is an element of human nature and these events incentivize banding into larger units. Those who do not want to join those units do not have to. MS is certainly not trotting people out at PPC-point and ordering them to sign on. Those who do not sign on find the rewards for not banding (not having to deal with a thousand personalities, able to play with only a small group of friends, etc) outweigh the incentives PGI is offering to those who do band.

Frankly what really upsets me is Russ' comment. Not the comment itself, but the lack of thought behind it. 'Gee, wouldn't it be nice if...' In particular, how he threw it out but with neither rational for the decision (though unit-size on events like this were the implication) nor how PGI might incentivize players to adopt smaller unit sizes. At this point the general consensus seems to be something like an out-right hard cap on unit size. This would not be an incentive, it would be a limit. And the amount of vitriol PGI could expect from such a decision is likely to reach critical mass and ignite a self-sustaining fusion reaction.

Event Rewards
The planetary conquest rewards are decent, not great, but certainly on par or better than Tukayyid depending on one's preference for cockpit art, and some will find he badge/title a compelling reward.

The overall and unit leaderboards are decent. Tukayyid, which the flavor text for this tournament tries to invoke to drum up excitement, offers better rewards: Faction mug/war horn/hanging item, generic side equivalent, 350,000 c-bills, 3,500 GXP for the top IS and Clan Teams. This, compared to the host of participation, tier, side, and victory/defeat banners for Tukayyid.

These rewards, as mentioned above, give players incentives to join the largest units possible, in direct contravention of Russ' stated desires. They also don't provide any incentive for lone wolves and those who've never tried CW to do so for more than a few drops.

The Tukayyid personal challenge offered a participation banner, 4x c-bill consumable pack, 8,500 GXP, 450 MC, 9,500,00 c-bills, and an assault mech (choice of 85-ton Warhawk or 95-ton Champion Banshee). Comparing the two personal challenges, this event's Hula Girl is equivalent to the 4x c-bill consumable pack, a participation banner, and 1,000 GXP. Fair enough. But there is no incentive for lone wolves, new players, and those who avoid CW to play more than ten matches and to be frank, many won't see a hula girl as worth the trouble.

And Russ has also stated that one of the problem with CW are participation levels.

TLDR
-Russ sees a problem with size of large units and population level in CW
-Event offers players an incentive to band into large units for CW
-Event does not offer players who do not play CW an incentive to do so

And this lasts a week.

#120 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 06:34 AM

View PostKael 17, on 01 July 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

And Russ has also stated that one of the problem with CW are participation levels.

Yea of course it's communauty fault xD

Cw is perfectly balanced for PUGs or group, for big unit or small units, for loyalists or weekly mercs, for defenders or attackers, each factions is well balanced YEAAAAAA !!

Edited by Idealsuspect, 01 July 2015 - 06:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users