Ilc Engine, Ff, Es Changing Allowed?

63 replies to this topic

#21 Fate 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:01 AM

The ones that can be super abusive (Orion and Highlander) are very limited in hardpoints. I could maybe see the Hunchback having balance issues but looking at the Nova seems to suggest it'll be fine.

#22 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:02 AM

And their max engine is the same as the IS originals (or better than, in the case of the Jenner IIC.) Clan FF and Endo. Choice between Std and Clan XL engines (is anyone ever going to use a Std with the CXL as an option?)

I was kinda expecting there would be *something* about the IS versions that would be superior. Doesn't look like it.

View PostFate 6, on 30 June 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

The ones that can be super abusive (Orion and Highlander) are very limited in hardpoints. I could maybe see the Hunchback having balance issues but looking at the Nova seems to suggest it'll be fine.

They have the same number of hardpoints as the IS equivalents.

Edited by RavensScar, 30 June 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#23 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostRavensScar, on 30 June 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

And their max engine is the same as the IS originals (or better than, in the case of the Jenner IIC.) Clan FF and Endo. Choice between Std and Clan XL engines (is anyone ever going to use a Std with the CXL as an option?)

I was kinda expecting there would be *something* about the IS versions that would be superior. Doesn't look like it.

Well, you would have to use a STD engine in the Orion 4th variant if you want to put dual Gauss in the right torso...I think that might be about it though.

#24 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:27 AM

Out of curiosity... is there such thing as a clan standard engine? This brings that to mind... will this slot in any STANDARD ENGINE, IS engine or Clan XLs only? Seriously, I am asking - is there a single clan mech in game w standard engine? Cause some have mentionrd still having to run a standard to attain a specific build on like the IIc Orion, etc. but it seems uncertain this could be done.

#25 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostRavensScar, on 30 June 2015 - 10:02 AM, said:

They have the same number of hardpoints as the IS equivalents.
Different locations, etc. Basically the Orion and Highlander are pretty jokey. They can't effectively use C-XLs because they can't fit many weapons. The Orion might be ok but the best build I can see is the dual gauss right torso with a Standard engine. The Hunchback will be interesting to balance, but if it has no quirks it'll match up closely with the SCR and Nova

#26 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

View PostMad Porthos, on 30 June 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

Out of curiosity... is there such thing as a clan standard engine? This brings that to mind... will this slot in any STANDARD ENGINE, IS engine or Clan XLs only? Seriously, I am asking - is there a single clan mech in game w standard engine? Cause some have mentionrd still having to run a standard to attain a specific build on like the IIc Orion, etc. but it seems uncertain this could be done.

Yeah. There is.
Some of those IIC mechs do have Standard engines.

Clan standard engines are identical to IS standard engines.
It's just the "fancy pantsy" clan omnimechs don't use them.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 30 June 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#27 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

View PostMad Porthos, on 30 June 2015 - 10:27 AM, said:

I think that STD engines are shared between both factions, like STD armor is.

#28 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:36 AM

Ok so Russ did say in the Town Hall meeting that Clan IIC's would have IS customization, and use Clan level tech?

Well if that's the case, then, I imagine that those mechs will get nerfed to hell somehow, because there's absolutely no way PGI would let this go without doing something to hobble those mechs out of the gate. The forums and his twitter would burn from all the rage.

#29 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:49 AM

Lol people getting their sh!t in a knot already. U can be sure since these are clan that there will most definitely be a heavy balance factor so the paying people be ware lol

#30 xe N on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:06 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 30 June 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

Most of the IIC variants come with those stock...

Maybe on Sarna, but not necessarily in MWO. IIC-Variants could come with IS XL and IS-ES, IS-FF. That would quite reduce their power. They still use clan weapons, however, clan weapons are not that strong compared to quirked IS weapons.

#31 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:13 AM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 30 June 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

But that's conjecture, right? I mean the theory is there "they're not omni" but this is PGI land (Core Rule Ignore)... Clan = OP, and half of the balance came from Clan not being able to alter their mechs like IS mechs.

So shouldn't people be asking these questions?

If they're going to treat them like omnimechs (locked engines, FF, ES) because clantech = OP

OR

If they're going to be able to change in/out parts (unlocked engines, FF, ES) then how HARD are these mechs going to be quirked into the ground, because, balance?

Clan isnt that OP....when will people get over the TT Clans OP syndrome?

#32 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:17 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 30 June 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

Clan weapons are not that OP. Right. But free 4xCASE, Clan-XL, Clan-ES and Clan-FF are.

#33 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:25 AM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 30 June 2015 - 11:13 AM, said:

I can guarantee you that people who have 0 knowledge of TT can see that Clans are op.

#34 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:36 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 30 June 2015 - 11:25 AM, said:

I can guarantee you that people who have 0 knowledge of TT can see that Clans are op.

The optimised ones with good hardpoints are.

Those not gifted...well, not so much. IIC's will have fewer of those issues, with generous inflation (seriously, double?!), the only real issue will be hitboxes and hardpoint location (which affects only half of them).
Otherwise, min maxed as far as you want.

#35 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:39 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 June 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

The optimised ones with good hardpoints are.

Well, since they're the only ones you see being used, it's easy to forget the ones,that don't outclass everything else in the game, even exist.

Edited by Juodas Varnas, 30 June 2015 - 11:40 AM.

#36 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:12 PM

View PostFate 6, on 30 June 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

...Basically the Orion and Highlander are pretty jokey. They can't effectively use C-XLs because they can't fit many weapons.

By "many weapons" do you mean Gauss, select UACs, and/or lasers?

#37 Tyler Valentine

• Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

View Post00ohDstruct, on 30 June 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Sorry mate, immersion and RP was ruined the moment Magical Quirks were introduced. Otherwise I'd imagine the immersion would have to go something like this...

"ILKHAN! Our mechs are TOO hella-sweet and uber-powerful, they are laying waste to the IS barbarians!
OH DAMN, SON! Can't have that now, can we? Hinder and hobble our best mechs! That holy trinity crap needs ta go, with a quickness! While we're at it, crank up the heat output, and tone down that damage! We spent hundreds of years preparing to take back Terra and perfecting our technology! However, WE MUST make this war fair!" ~The Remembrance, Passage 101, Verse 42, Lines 66-69

That's hilarious because, while you are attempting to be sarcastic, the clans do actually prefer a fair fight or even one that is skewed against them. More glory.

#38 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,626 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:55 PM

Oh, there's good news tonight!

Yes, you can switch out the Engine, Ferro-fibrous, and Endo Steel.

Endo and Ferro-fibrous only take up seven spaces ea. Meaning this

7 Endo Steel
7 Ferro-fibrous

= 14 Spaces!

With Clan Weapons, get ready to create some hurt on a scale unimagined. Longbow, Alan_Davion, and Ace Paul were talking about the Hunchback IIC carrying twin Gauss
Rifles. Yet, one'll have limited ammo, just like the Mad Dog C and it's Gauss Rifles. SO
bear that in mind, please. :)

Me, I'm already dreaming of some schemes with the LB-x! You'll just have to wait and see
what I'm going to do 15.12.2015!

#39 Alan Davion

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,333 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

View Postxe N on, on 30 June 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Maybe on Sarna, but not necessarily in MWO. IIC-Variants could come with IS XL and IS-ES, IS-FF. That would quite reduce their power. They still use clan weapons, however, clan weapons are not that strong compared to quirked IS weapons.

Wrong. These are complete, from the ground up Clan-Only mechs, using only Clan tech, that includes the engines, armor and structure.

The IICs are based on the IS mechs that left the IS with Kerensky and the SLDF in exodus. Once the Clans were established, these mechs were taken out of storage, re-designed, and re-built with stronger Clan tech.

#40 lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 918 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

View PostTyler Valentine, on 30 June 2015 - 12:45 PM, said:

That's hilarious because, while you are attempting to be sarcastic, the clans do actually prefer a fair fight or even one that is skewed against them. More glory.

You missed the point, clan didn't sabotage their own tech just because the IS pilots were crying about how overpowered they were... lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users