- - - - -

Advice: Agile Lrm Platform?

25 replies to this topic

#1 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:45 PM

What's the lightest (fastest) mech that's a viable LRM platform for PUGging?

Thanks!

#2 Desorem

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

XLed Hunch 4J.
Its just awesome.

#3 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:58 PM

Kintaro 18 is pretty good. I use a shadowhawk 2d2 to good effect as well.

#4 Undercover Brother

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 323 posts
  • LocationThe Hood

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:59 PM

Extremely simple:

Adder A...

Replace LRM20s with LRM15s, swap the SPLAS with ERMediums... Put 3.5 tons of ammo in each arm.

I've gotten more kills with this setup than with ANY other light mech I've ever played with.

#5 Flak Kannon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 581 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:07 PM

The Hunch J is most lethal.

If chain fired, its hard to see if your it's target from the cockpit shake.

This LRM platform, J, has killed me more than any other... Its just so wicked fast on the reload.

Edited by Flak Kannon, 30 June 2015 - 02:10 PM.

#6 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:16 PM

Sorry, I should have specified I'm strictly an IS pilot.

#7 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:22 PM

Hunch J or TBT 7M

Hunch is probably a hair better, TBT has a larger alpha. Hunch has better other variants by a mile.

#8 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

View PostT Decker, on 30 June 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Extremely simple:

Adder A...

Replace LRM20s with LRM15s, swap the SPLAS with ERMediums... Put 3.5 tons of ammo in each arm.

I've gotten more kills with this setup than with ANY other light mech I've ever played with.

a kit fox with ecm and some solid launchers like lrm-10+lrm-15 or at least 2*lrm-10 is more fun though, also can have a jj

#9 Vincent Lynch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,652 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:55 PM

if playing IS, the lightest viable LRM carriers are the Hunchback-4J and some Trebuchets. On anything lighter, you should use any missile hardpoints for SRM instead.
Can't add anything about clan mechs though. Have no experience with them myself, but since Clan LRM racks weigh half as much, a LRM Adder is probably viable.

#10 Spike Brave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 695 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killing your dudes

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:08 PM

If you're looking for a Hero, I'd go Loup de Guerre.

#11 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 04:14 PM

View PostVincent Lynch, on 30 June 2015 - 02:55 PM, said:

a LRM Adder is probably viable.

yeah, it's definitely viable, can have a stronger punch than lrm fox too, but fox has a better mobility even with a single jj and due to ecm can easier find a safe spot to lurm people to death, ecm lrm boats are truly vicious, also cannot be lurmed back

#12 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

View PostT Decker, on 30 June 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Extremely simple:

Adder A...

Ohhh i'm gonna have to try that.. Adder's are the only clanners i own, thanks to the give away, and C-bill sale soon after. :)

It's not the fastest, but they move fairly decent are catapults, they haul a very nice amount, and have room for BAP, and or tag with some back up weapons.

Another mech, that i enjoy with LRM's is the wolverine 7K with a pair of 10's and a pair of lasers.

For one of the fastest LRM mechs, you could try a raven with a single LRM15 rack+ 4 ML's. it's over 130KPH, or is it 140? i forget off hand. Still darn fast.

#13 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:36 PM

One Adder not in game but can be built is the Adder-C LRM version. Strangely seems to have 0.71 tons left over in MWO but not in CBT.
Can be built with whatever Adder CT and Legs you want for quirks but needs those Side Torso and Arm mounts.

Edited by Wildstreak, 30 June 2015 - 07:37 PM.

#14 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

You've asked for agility, so I'd recommend the Griffin. Great cockpit, very nimble, and jump jets. One variant (sorry, exact designation escapes me) even has a nice upper chest mounted energy hardpoints for TAG.

#15 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:56 PM

I don't even have any ravens, but I have seen dual LRM 5 ravens with three medium lasers as backup before. They seemed to do alright.

But that hunchback previously mentioned is perhaps the best agile Lrm machine out there.

~Leone

#16 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:56 PM

HBK-J

TAG in head, 2-3ML, 2LRM10 with insane quirks.

Mobility? Can just about fire at a target while running 180 degrees away...almost.

Griffins are nice but you will miss out on the quirks.

#17 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:59 PM

View PostNecessaryWeevil, on 30 June 2015 - 01:45 PM, said:

What's the lightest (fastest) mech that's a viable LRM platform for PUGging?

Thanks!

Being an LRM fanati... was going to say fanatic then realised I do everything.. so MW fanatic I guess...

Anyway.

I have tried LRM's at least on any mech that had it stock on some variant... that includes the locust.

Locust is technically the most fastest agile LRM platform you can have, however with duel or tripple LRM 5's you do not have enough to punch through a single ams. This is a good mech in conjunction with others but for pugging: no...

The 25 ton commando is famous for the tripple LRM 5 no armour build, the LRMando. However this is not as good as it was once and is not exactly in a better seat then the Locust (in some ways locust would be better...)

The 30 tonners for IS atm only has 1 with missiles, and it's a CT hardpoint for the spider hero, single LRM 10 max = worse then 2 LRM 5 for locust... but you get more tons to play with and actually have armour.

35 tonners is the lightest for IS practicalities.

the 2 main LRM boats is the Raven with a single LRM 15 or 20.
and the jenner oxide with 4 LRM 5's.

Raven can easily mount extras with the LRM 15 and 20's. Such as medium laser, tag, ecm, narc, srm's, LRM 5, small lasers, small pulse, etc. (obviously not all at the same time). the Possibilities of a LRM quirked raven is high as the Raven 3M is a LRM 15 light mech, one of hte first iconic LRM boats for the IS still in heavy use from 3053 to 3060.

That's the IS light mechs... for clans, kitfox and Adder can do SERIOUS amount of LRM'age. two 20's, or two 15's and 5's, etc...

The ktifox can equip JJ with these builds, with it's speed, JJ, etc... this is the most agile so to say.

However on the whole other spectrum... the Executioner a 95 ton assault mech runs about 83 kph with masc and speed tweak and has a missile arm able to fit twin LRM 20's and accelerates what feels to be faster then a light mech.

The Cicada X5 has only 2 2 tubed launchers, not fit for LRM's.

While the Hunchback, Kintaro, Stormcrow, (soon) nova, and Trebuchet make a good set of LRM mechs for the medium weight class.

Shadowcat however already has a LRM boat on a stock build and will be one of the fastest mechs in game with LRM availability as well as MASC and Jumpjets.

Shadowcat is the fastest confirmed LRM mech in game... while the Jenner IIC puts some compitition with 4 x LRM 10 or 2 x LRM 15 + 2 x 5 with high jumpjet height, high speed, etc...

#18 NecessaryWeevil

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:08 PM

I don't see a Raven 3M...is that a Huginn?

#19 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:28 AM

If you are on to just ripping dmg counts and fooling around try this GRF3N
Use Advanced sensor range and target decay modules to optimize your own ability to log on to targets.
The Beagle will help you against ECMs without warning them, Artemis is left out for its useless during indirect fire and when you go at sightline use the tag Laser in your shoulder.
Beagle in conjunction with ASensor, prolongued target decay and your jumpjets will give you the ability to fire missles against semi hidden enemys. Especialy since you don't need to be concerned with crosshair shake.

Or try the new 2M Griffin

#20 Fiona Marshe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 756 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:39 AM

Speed, Alpha size, Ammo Capacity.

Pick any two...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users