So, Can We Have Our 10 Tons Back

152 replies to this topic

#21 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

upcoming changes

July 21th
-IS Dropdeck changed from 240 to 280 tons.
-Ghostheat for IS Large and ER Large Laser removed

July 30th
-Timberwolf overall speed lowered to 74KPH
-IS AC velocity changed to 250%

August 7th
-IS autocannons maximum range increased by 200%
-IS Small, Small Pulse, Medium, Medium Pulse maximum range removed.

August 21th
- IS Ammo for SRM/LRM/Ballistics set to infinite
- Timberwolf and Stormcrow are now only allowed to fire one energyweapon at a time.
- Direwolf topspeed lowered to 32KPH

#22 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:12 PM

View PostLOADED, on 06 July 2015 - 12:57 PM, said:

upcoming changes

July 21th

July 30th

August 7th

August 21th
- Timberwolf and Stormcrow are now only allowed to fire one energyweapon at a time.

If they kept catering to the lowest common denominator this would happen LOL

#23 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:14 PM

I for one blame ECM for this steamroll, IS mechs can handle the Clans but its ridiculous that you have an enemy mech 350mts away and cant target it because some ECM mech behind him, i mean i love playing the underdog, but you get atleast 2 solid waves of Clan heavies with full ECM coverage and you cant do jack sh1t about it.

#24 -Vompo-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 532 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:41 PM

I can't believe this reaction. We had this just few months ago and the games were close. Sure IS took territory but it had more to do with many players taking a break from cw than the drop deck weight limit and many of the merc units siding with the IS.

Was it really that bad then?

#25 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

View Postgoatreich, on 05 July 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

The clans are plowing through, can we have our ten tons back in the IS drop decks, please? make it 15 because of interests.
Kthanxbye!

IS is bleeding planets because the -MetaStomp- units swapped to Clan and are currently farming them, not because of drop deck balance issues. Sad but true.

#26 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

View PostAztecD, on 06 July 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

I for one blame ECM for this steamroll, IS mechs can handle the Clans but its ridiculous that you have an enemy mech 350mts away and cant target it because some ECM mech behind him, i mean i love playing the underdog, but you get atleast 2 solid waves of Clan heavies with full ECM coverage and you cant do jack sh1t about it.

Stop...
Using...
LRMs

#27 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

I'm just sick of playing against Clan mechs and unfortunately IS vs IS battles are few and far between because most IS Factions have ceasefires in effect.

Yep - I understand that is roleplaying and it is fine because a lot of players like it that way but a bit of IS vs IS play would break the monotony. Even changed to Liao hoping for different action...

Not being salty over it, just giving my observations from an Aussie time zone player.

Cheers!
Eboli

#28 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:52 PM

Talk to one of the Merc units. They had zero issues with stomping all over any cease fire between the clans so maybe get them to join you and march on another IS house for a week or two. Would defiantly break the boredom and provide IS on IS action. I know we ended up fighting more clan vs clan than IS vs clan for while. Be good to see the bottom of the map change a bit too. Looks kind of static down there.

Anyway just a thought.

#29 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

View Postgoatreich, on 05 July 2015 - 10:11 PM, said:

The clans are plowing through, can we have our ten tons back in the IS drop decks, please? make it 15 because of interests.
Kthanxbye!

I've posted about this topic many times now in multiple threads. My post history should have some interesting insight on tonnage. Anyway, posting a new thread about the same subject is not going to silence me from getting what I say out. I'll just repeat just like the threads subject does.

View PostArchSight, on 28 June 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

A game developer doesn't improve balance in a game by adding a new factor that causes another imbalance.

By making drop deck tonnage different from each other in CW your limiting one sides mech choices over another. By doing this it causes mechs with lower hit points and available tonnage for weapons to have to be brought into battle vs other mechs that have a higher tonnage to bring more weapons and hit points to shoot through.

This caused imbalance cannot be factored into making clan and Inner sphere mech's balanced vs each other due to not having tonnage limited drop decks in all game modes and clan or I.S. Mechs not being specific to only one side is not in all game modes of MWO. Every Game mode in MWO uses the same mechs and weapons this means balance must be factored by the stats that are common in each game mode to achieve balance in all game modes. Limited Tonnage is not common in each game mode and the limited weight class to 3 of a kind is not common anymore either sense CW was introduced. Whats not common cannot be used to balance the game or it will only create more imbalance in the game where the performance of the game is different depending on where the uncommon stats are.

Equal 240 tonnage for both sides in CW should stay due to not being a common stat.

Read up on my guide about the ECM part of it. I have it explained and the various ways to counter it. Some of those ways can be used no matter how many ECM mechs are present.

I agree, team work is the first hurdle that determines whether your going to loose or win the match in CW. Get into big coordinated groups that can talk to each other in order to know where and when to pressure an advantage with the team. After that is what positions are held or taken, the map determining those positions, and then the strategy of what is brought. Individual player skill and tactics is after that.

Can you read my guide in my sig please. It has a section about ECM. The TAG, NARC, UAV, BAP, ERPPC, PPC, and ECM counter mode are useful items for combating ECM or just shoot them with direct fire weapons while remembering where you last shot them.

Edited by ArchSight, 06 July 2015 - 09:24 PM.

#30 Necromantion

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 07 July 2015 - 06:19 AM

Stop relying on LRMs to do damage, use voice comms to communicate enemy positions. If teams are under ecm its not hard to say "target the atlas" DURP DURP DURP. Youre acting like ECM is something only the clans have...

View PostVompoVompatti, on 06 July 2015 - 01:41 PM, said:

I can't believe this reaction. We had this just few months ago and the games were close. Sure IS took territory but it had more to do with many players taking a break from cw than the drop deck weight limit and many of the merc units siding with the IS.

Was it really that bad then?

A lot of units went clans for the Wave 3 release that happened only a few weeks ago. When the next 2 mechs of that pack release expect clans to have more merc units again.

View PostSeventhSL, on 06 July 2015 - 02:33 PM, said:

IS is bleeding planets because the -MetaStomp- units swapped to Clan and are currently farming them, not because of drop deck balance issues. Sad but true.

See above issue, its not just -MS- that went clans recently and it was because of Clan wave 3 release.

View PostEboli, on 06 July 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

I'm just sick of playing against Clan mechs and unfortunately IS vs IS battles are few and far between because most IS Factions have ceasefires in effect.

Yep - I understand that is roleplaying and it is fine because a lot of players like it that way but a bit of IS vs IS play would break the monotony. Even changed to Liao hoping for different action...

Not being salty over it, just giving my observations from an Aussie time zone player.

Cheers!
Eboli

Roleplay is a huge thing that ruins this game imo. People complain about not having fair matches (when most IS players seem to have significant competency issues being unable to pull comparable damage in super quirked IS mechs that are great that competent players have no issues doing solid damage in on par with their clan mechs) also roleplay is what has caused all kinds of interunit/interfaction drama. How many whining posts on here can be summed up by "I dont like X because Y would never have happened in lore and I propose Z to fix it (where Z makes no sense its implications on gameplay cannot be understood by that person and would further degrade gameplay)

View PostSeventhSL, on 06 July 2015 - 07:52 PM, said:

Talk to one of the Merc units. They had zero issues with stomping all over any cease fire between the clans so maybe get them to join you and march on another IS house for a week or two. Would defiantly break the boredom and provide IS on IS action. I know we ended up fighting more clan vs clan than IS vs clan for while. Be good to see the bottom of the map change a bit too. Looks kind of static down there.

Anyway just a thought.

Wait... you mean merc units just want to play the game and arent some big boogyman who ruin it? But what about the whining about Merc units causing drama between factions in IS and Clans? Is it possible that they just were playing the game how PGI set it up? oh my!

#31 BattleBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 541 posts
  • LocationWarren

Posted 08 July 2015 - 02:15 AM

Im all for it. If the IS has 10 more tons per player that means more damage has to be done by the clans which means more cbills! Give that man his tonnage!

#32 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:38 AM

View PostAresye Kerensky, on 06 July 2015 - 02:37 PM, said:

Stop...
Using...
LRMs

Its not just LRM's you simply dont see a death-ball even if one of your scouts has eyes on the enemy, it literally hides everyone in the bubble from enemy recon, so you see one, then 2 then 2 lances and you die and your teamates cant see it on their radars

#33 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 08 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

upcoming changes

July 21th

July 30th

August 7th

August 21th

And they would still cry about clan being OP on the forums.

#34 Candrill

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

Face it, the clan mechs are superior. Getting hit at 1088m by a CLPL, 1500m by a CERLL? I mean c'mon. ECM mechs everywhere, range WAY over the IS mechs, XL engines that act like STD engines. Hell, by the time we get near the Clanners we are so chewed up by the Direct Fire weapons (without being able to effectively return fire, tons of fun by the way) that the brawl is pretty much one sided. I don't know how to fix it, but there is a serious balance issue.

Spare me the "we are just better pilots/Units" and the "Well, the Lore says" arguments.....

#35 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:03 PM

Threads like this one make me tempted to drop IS for a while so people can start asking for an increase in Clan drop weight.

~Leone

#36 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:31 PM

View PostLeone, on 08 July 2015 - 08:03 PM, said:

Threads like this one make me tempted to drop IS for a while so people can start asking for an increase in Clan drop weight.

~Leone

I dropped IS for a week, and got 2 3500+ damage matches both times I dropped solo. The times I dropped with an organized unit I was still pulling normal 1500-1800 damage.

#37 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,254 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:37 PM

upcoming changes

July 21th

July 30th

August 7th

August 21th

You must have felt silly after seeing all the clan buffs in the last patch...

#38 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:42 PM

Tonnage isnt the way to go.

1st, Russ pointed out that only a portion of players were actually using the 250t

2nd, 10 tons only adds up to 120 tons across 12 players, 10 tons probably wouldn't look any different than statistical noise in PGI's database

3rd, if the 10 tons go into the 4th mech, it likely will not have any impact on the outcome of the match

4th and not the least, Unit quality is a bigger factor than tonnage or techbase. In order for the techbase or tonnage handicaps to be a factor, both teams have to be nearly of equal pilot skill.

Edited by Kin3ticX, 08 July 2015 - 09:43 PM.

#39 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostCandrill, on 08 July 2015 - 07:17 PM, said:

Face it, the clan mechs are superior. Getting hit at 1088m by a CLPL, 1500m by a CERLL? I mean c'mon. ECM mechs everywhere, range WAY over the IS mechs, XL engines that act like STD engines. Hell, by the time we get near the Clanners we are so chewed up by the Direct Fire weapons (without being able to effectively return fire, tons of fun by the way) that the brawl is pretty much one sided. I don't know how to fix it, but there is a serious balance issue.

Spare me the "we are just better pilots/Units" and the "Well, the Lore says" arguments.....

The clan stuff does look good on paper but if you sit down and do some proper calculations you will be shocked. If I told you that an IS ERLL on a TDR5SS out ranges (about 198m more) and out brawls the C-ERLL and is just better in every way even after you use that spare ton on a clan double heat sink you simply wouldn't believe me. All this without factoring in the IS ghost heat advantage boating the weapon and the negative perks on some clan omni pods.

Anyway do the math. It will blow your mind.

Edited by SeventhSL, 08 July 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#40 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:20 PM

Indeed, the stacking Quirkcs for IS change many things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users