152 replies to this topic

#1 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:11 PM

The clans are plowing through, can we have our ten tons back in the IS drop decks, please? make it 15 because of interests.
Kthanxbye!

#2 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:59 PM

Will not do a thing, history has proven it.;) Make CW Clan vs. IS a binary vs. company.

#3 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:15 PM

Yeah makes sense to give the clan dropdeck one mech more. Due to this OP Dakka dragon decks and other quirck monster, Clans need a real buff right now.

#4 H I A S

• 4,971 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:18 PM

Clamz still OP. Give the IS 20t more so we have competition.

#5 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:40 PM

IS needs nerfing. Stalkers should instantaneously explode upon drop. EBJs should be able to fly since they're Ebon Jadefalcons.

#6 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

View PostMoldur, on 05 July 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

IS needs nerfing. Stalkers should instantaneously explode upon drop. EBJs should be able to fly since they're Ebon Jadefalcons.

ebj should be able to pounce on their prey

jj on ebj where

#7 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

Energy shields, I want blue energy shields. And bacon cockpit items.

#8 Skarlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 328 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:50 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 05 July 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

Will not do a thing, history has proven it. ;) Make CW Clan vs. IS a binary vs. company.

1. They would have to re-balance everything from scratch, literally every single mech. And no, globally removing all quirks would not help at all because the bad clan mechs would still be absolutely awful and the good clan mechs would still be leagues above every other clan mech.

2. Clan mechs would be outright superior in single queue or group queue, so they could only play with other clan mechs because 10 vs. 12, if that is the balancing mechanism used. This causes the number of buckets to grow, slowing down matchmaker even further, or producing fewer evenly sided matches, or possibly both.

Not saying this solution can't work. I am saying it would take an extraordinary level of effort to really make it balanced, above and beyond other methods. I am of the opinion that we should see how the stats for CW turn out after the event. If the clan win ratio is worse than the previous event, then we're closer to balance, and dramatic changes like 10 vs. 12 shouldn't be implemented. It will probably be small, and it will probably only require some fine tuning to get things more balanced.

I'd also like to point out that it probably seems a lot worse for IS right now than it really is because both 228 and Mercstar went clan for the event. Huge groups with much higher win percentages in CW on average might have a rather big impact on the stats.

#9 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

To this whole thread... Just...

NO.

kthnxbye.

#10 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:59 AM

View Postkesmai, on 05 July 2015 - 11:50 PM, said:

Energy shields, I want blue energy shields.

Wait 90 years. Then you can buy the Quasimodo ...

#11 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 06 July 2015 - 01:14 AM

Nope, only a year (3051) to wait for the particle field dampener. . .
i love obscure battle tech technology.

Edited by kesmai, 06 July 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,939 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:22 AM

View Postkesmai, on 06 July 2015 - 01:14 AM, said:

Nope, only a year (3051) to wait for the particle field dampener. . .
i love obscure battle tech technology.

Sorry, that was just the beginning of development, followed by lone prototypes in following decades.

The Quasimodo is the first mass-produced 'Mech equipped with Blue Shield PFD.

#13 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:43 AM

I kind of wish they would just give everyone 10 more tons. Funny how this gave me a lot more options on what mechs to bring. I dont feel it made my drop deck any stonger. I have dropped with 210 tons and did just as good as 250 tons.

#14 GotitN4U

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 43 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

Wait wasn`t it stated by Russ the reason the IS lost the 10 ton was because less that 15% of the people went over 240 tons. Maybe someone on can remeber that tweet or thread.

If true Blame your fellow IS members of wasting tons

Edited by GotitN4U, 06 July 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#15 Soulstrom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 844 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:51 AM

Simple answer. No. But you can see the breaking up of all the large units after this event, probably.

#16 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostSoulstrom, on 06 July 2015 - 07:51 AM, said:

Simple answer. No. But you can see the breaking up of all the large units after this event, probably.

The biggest units arent even winning this event, the most active and most coordinated are. Good grief

#17 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

View Postlatinisator, on 05 July 2015 - 10:59 PM, said:

Will not do a thing, history has proven it. ;) Make CW Clan vs. IS a binary vs. company.

Best, closest, most fun game I've had so far happened last night. The Clans had one DC (so 11v12) - nailbiter the whole way.

Make CW (JUST CW - no reason to do this in the public queue, where Clan mechs can be on either side: never got why this was a huge sticking point - just do it ONLY in CW...) 10 v 12. Don't nerf the Clan mechs. Solved.

#18 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 06 July 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

Make CW... 10 v 12. Don't nerf the Clan mechs. Solved.

Sure, and while you're at it try and convince people to play Inner Sphere while at the same time telling them they have inferior equipment and weapons. I'm sure people would love to fight on the team that has worse weapons and equipment, and fewer targets to shoot at. I love playing low-quality Mechs when high-quality Mechs are available for me to use otherwise.

Like in Halo. I always wanted to play as a Grunt instead of a Spartan, because who really wants to be the powerful character that gets to shoot lots of weaker targets? Not me, no Sir. Nope.

See the problem here? Leave the Clans OP with 10v12 and you are telling people directly that IS Tech is inferior, and they will have more fun playing in the Clans. It is a very poor PvP design decision, and it is driven purely by battletech enthusiasts who care more about their lore than the game's market viability

Edited by Prosperity Park, 06 July 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#19 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostDawnstealer, on 06 July 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

Make CW (JUST CW - no reason to do this in the public queue, where Clan mechs can be on either side:

The the game REALLY ceases to be Mechwarrior.

Edited by Gremlich Johns, 06 July 2015 - 12:44 PM.

#20 Necromantion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,193 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:50 PM

Can we chalk it up to this. The game in its current state is royally f-cked.

While IS and Clan mechs are now basically on par with potential to stand toe to toe in various roles in the hands of competent players who optimize playstyle and quirks the population balance, lack of CW population, lack of depth to provide incentives to loyalists while facilitating mercs the ability to exist and still function differently without controlling faction balance due to the appeal of being able to play all of your mechs rather than just one faction or the other in CW.

Want to have fun in CW? Find a unit with likeminded players, get on coms and have fun goofing around and playing the game in its current state and pray to the lords of bacon PGI gets their heads out of their posteriors and can find some dev with a foresight that goes past the next month or two of gameplay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users