Top 5 'mechs For Re-Scale Vote! (Part 2)

318 replies to this topic

Poll: Top 5 'Mechs for Re-Scale (2397 member(s) have cast votes)

Top 5 'Mechs to be re-scaled vote.

1. Kit Fox (281 votes [11.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.72%

2. Raven (28 votes [1.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.17%

3. Adder (21 votes [0.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.88%

4. Centurion (229 votes [9.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.55%

5. Voted Nova (477 votes [19.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.90%

6. Voted Shadowhawk (83 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

7. Voted Quickdraw (258 votes [10.76%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.76%

8. Voted Catapult (396 votes [16.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.52%

9. Grasshopper (83 votes [3.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.46%

10. Voted Awesome (458 votes [19.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.11%

11. Victor (41 votes [1.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.71%

12. Stalker (42 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Vote

#61 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostAlienized, on 11 July 2015 - 03:04 PM, said:

nope. its not because of its size. its because it looks how it looks. just like the timberwolf and direwolf has that round huge center. thats the only reason. you can see on the raven that this look is the main problem, not the size of the mech. jenner has the same problem.
its simply because it looks how it looks.

That LOOK, is also made worse by size. If you are shooting at a dinner plate, what's easier to hit, one that is 6" in diameter, or one that is 12" in diameter' Size makes the Catapult's problem WORSE, which is what I said. Not that size was the the catapults only problem.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 July 2015 - 09:08 AM, said:

The Kit Fox currently has more votes than the Centurion!

The KIT FOX has more votes than the CENTURION!

What the...

Posted Image

Y'all do realize that there is a mech coming that will render the Kit Fox utterly irrelevant, right? Same tonnage, bigger engine, better hardpoint locations, more hardpoints and doesn't get its ECM blow off when it loses its arm. Even if the Kit Fox wins this vote, there's absolutely zero people who will prefer the Kit Fox to the Arctic Cheetah.

In ten days, the Arctic Cheetah will turn the Kit Fox into a distant memory. Unless PGI shrinks the Kit Fox to the size of a thimble, this rescaling won't change that.

and that matters, why? New mech coming, screw it, abandon ship on the old ones!!!!!!

#62 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:13 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 July 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

That LOOK, is also made worse by size. If you are shooting at a dinner plate, what's easier to hit, one that is 6" in diameter, or one that is 12" in diameter' Size makes the Catapult's problem WORSE, which is what I said. Not that size was the the catapults only problem.

so you want to shrink a mech that has a simple bad design and good size overall but ignore mechs that are just massively oversized?

as i said, shrinking it will not help it. raven gets its center blown out fast, jenner too. you want to make it as small as a jenner or what?

#63 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

View PostAlienized, on 11 July 2015 - 03:13 PM, said:

so you want to shrink a mech that has a simple bad design and good size overall but ignore mechs that are just massively oversized?

as i said, shrinking it will not help it. raven gets its center blown out fast, jenner too. you want to make it as small as a jenner or what?

Considering the Catapult is one of the MOST massively oversized? YES.

But please, cling to hyperbole, when facts fail you.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 11 July 2015 - 03:17 PM.

#64 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 July 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Considering the Catapult is one of the MOST massively oversized? YES.

But please, cling to hyperbole, when facts fail you.

look at the QKD. thats oversized.
the catapult is and always was be a fat mech. just like the awesome.
the cat needs the lrm ears redone, thats true but considering that the catapult torso doesnt even reach the QKD shoulders im not the one hyperboling here.

#65 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 July 2015 - 03:09 PM, said:

and that matters, why? New mech coming, screw it, abandon ship on the old ones!!!!!!

Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes.

Although if people want to fix the old ones first, how about we start with the Centurion, Catapult and the Awesome, and then work our way to the newer mechs, like the Kit Fox, later? That sounds pretty good to me.

#66 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 11 July 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 July 2015 - 03:00 PM, said:

Why? The Cent only needs it visually, the Kitfox needs it for gameplay balance. Seriously, the Cent is my second most run chassis, and it's still tough as heck, as long as people know how to twist. I even run all mine with XLs. I think so many people got lazy running STD Engine SRMZombie Cents, they never really learned how to twist. I have never really seen YLW or Big AC carrying Cent liots complain, probably because we ALWAYS had to be cautious, to protect our right arms.

I got the opposite problem. Never had an issue running a kitfox. The cents on the other hand were a little bit tougher for me to get the most out of, even torso twisting like a fiend.

#67 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 05:17 PM

View PostMatthew Ace, on 10 July 2015 - 11:00 PM, said:

Kit Fox is in a relatively dangerous position at the moment (A 8-way tie for 5th place is fine though. lol)

this -_-
poor kit fox, it needs love way more than nova

#68 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 July 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how it goes.

Although if people want to fix the old ones first, how about we start with the Centurion, Catapult and the Awesome, and then work our way to the newer mechs, like the Kit Fox, later? That sounds pretty good to me.

could care less when it's released. Worst comes first.

#69 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:33 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 11 July 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

this -_-
poor kit fox, it needs love way more than nova

I would not go THAT far. :unsure:

#70 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

View PostGlxy Cmdt Jason Tseng, on 11 July 2015 - 11:27 AM, said:

The shadow cat is a 45t medium, it will be a fast striker like the ice ferret. The Cheetah will replace the fox sine it can carry ecm, faster engine and jjs. Can mount the same amt of lasers while carrying the ecm as the Fox, but with more room for heatsinks and TC due to 5t advantage

With stock armor I believe the Kitfox brings 16 tons of pod space, cheetah brings 9.5 tons with stock armor. So again the kitfox brings more firepower and the cheetah brings light mech speed. The Shadowcat will make an excellent sniper, that's what it's designed to be, both in lore and function. It's the same thing with the Kitfox, it was designed to bring large long range payloads and that's what I see most successful kitfox pilots (myself included) doing unless they're playing a support platform.

Since the Shadowcat will have MASC it will have the ability to move like a light mech, and thus it'll pretty much outperform the kitfox in every way: Higher mounts, more guns, more armor, more true dubs, effectively equal everything else (except AMS mounts).

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 11 July 2015 - 07:51 PM.

#71 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:50 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 11 July 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

If tonnage or weight class is of no importance, then you mas well trade your Kit Fox for a Hellbringer.

Hardly, I think you are missing the point. The Hellbringer is not going to move like a kitfox, it's going to move like a clan heavy. The Shadowcat on the other hand will maneuver like a clan light because of MASC, so it can pretty much take over all of the kitfox's jobs aside from being an AMS platform. A Hellbringer cannot do a Kitfoxes job because it can't jump, it's too slow and it's not agile enough.

The actual tonnage number on the mech only matters for premades and CW, and for CW the shadow cat fits nicely into a drop deck with two clan heavies.

#72 -Skyrider-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 157 posts
  • Locationall about that Seattle life

Posted 11 July 2015 - 09:55 PM

This pole really needs to get re posted to the latest news thread on the front page of mwo to get more people to realize they can vote for these mechs. Otherwise a lot less people will participate

#73 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 12:33 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 10 July 2015 - 04:47 PM, said:

How the Trebuchet lost to the Centurion or Shadow Hawk I will never understand.
I also don't get how we can only vote for one when 5 will be chosen.

I know also why is the catapult doing so good I have the founders and i do grate in it with almost stock lode out 2 lrm 15s 3m laser and a tag
if you play it as a long range mech as it should be its grate even as an old splat cat its ok if you play it smart also im going to be sad if they smash its face in to lower its side hit boxes, it looks so good as it is. (well i guess they wont because its just general sizing up or down) which means even if it gets re sized its still going to get hit in each location as much as they do now just you might be able to get in to cover easier but for a long range mech that isnt that tall to begin with and uses mostly lrms that's not really a problem

grasshopper got my vote, the most ridiculously sized mech hands down.

shadow hawk got in because everyone likes them because they are the best IS medeam in the game which is why i don't think they need to be changed, being bigger in some ways then mechs that are heavier then you isn't always a disadvantage.

Edited by Frost Lord, 12 July 2015 - 01:10 AM.

#74 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 12 July 2015 - 03:04 AM

View PostFrost Lord, on 12 July 2015 - 12:33 AM, said:

grasshopper got my vote, the most ridiculously sized mech hands down.

Except for the fact that it has probably the lowest volume of all 70 ton mechs?
Yes it's tall, but he has extremely thin legs and arms.

#75 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:25 AM

Wish the poll system allowed us to place 5 votes instead. 5 votes to find the 5 worst scaled mechs....it's only logical.

#76 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 04:58 AM

Hi Tina,

As many have mentioned, we should get 5 votes, not one. Or we should be get 1 vote per weight class. Please think about redoing this voting.

Thanks,

Jman88

#77 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:25 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 12 July 2015 - 03:04 AM, said:

Except for the fact that it has probably the lowest volume of all 70 ton mechs?
Yes it's tall, but he has extremely thin legs and arms.

its arms and legs are redundant no one shoots them, everyone aims for the head because its all center torso and it sticks out, you cant roll the damage around and you cant hide also the legs are a hinderes because it screws up its ability to jump, a lot of ledges when you hit them start dragging you down you also cant see anything about cicada height when it is gets in close because it can hide behind your map and even larger mechs can make it impossible to concentrate damage so for a mech that is meant to be a sneaky mid range brawler something that is reinforced with most of there quarks it is awful, its feels like a 55T that handles like an assault.

View PostJman88, on 12 July 2015 - 04:58 AM, said:

Hi Tina,

As many have mentioned, we should get 5 votes, not one. Or we should be get 1 vote per weight class. Please think about redoing this voting.

Thanks,

Jman88

probably not for each what class as some wait classes are more in need then others but perhaps 3 each

Edited by Frost Lord, 12 July 2015 - 05:28 AM.

#78 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:43 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 July 2015 - 07:13 PM, said:

could care less when it's released. Worst comes first.

Whatever you say. It's just another reason why the Centurion should be on the list. Looks like the scales have tipped back in its favour too.

#79 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 12 July 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

Whatever you say. It's just another reason why the Centurion should be on the list. Looks like the scales have tipped back in its favour too.

If a person can't tank in a Centurion? They should uninstall this game and stick to Candy Crush. CN9 is my second most run mech. Sure, it would be nice to see, visually, but it absolutely, in no way, needs it for gameplay reasons.

Maybe people should have spent less time metahumping in SRMZombies, and learning to twist in YLWs.

#80 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 05:50 AM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 11 July 2015 - 07:50 PM, said:

Hardly, I think you are missing the point.

The question isn't whether the Kit Fox is as fast as the Hellbringer, the question is whether the advantages make up for the disadvantages.

But we'll see soon enough. Not much reason to speculate how things will turn out. Nine more days now.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 July 2015 - 05:47 AM, said:

If a person can't tank in a Centurion? They should uninstall this game and stick to Candy Crush. CN9 is my second most run mech. Sure, it would be nice to see, visually, but it absolutely, in no way, needs it for gameplay reasons.

Maybe people should have spent less time metahumping in SRMZombies, and learning to twist in YLWs.

k

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users