96 replies to this topic

#1 Jazzbandit1313

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,088 posts
  • Location--- Star's End ---- -- Novo Cressidas --

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:52 PM

My VTR-9S with dual lpl and ac20 vs Huginn with 2 srm4 A. Face to face firing alphas. I kill him right before my CT is stripped to 0 armor.

These things have INSANE dps and could use a bit of a fire rate nerf.

Now my aim in this fight is questionable, as I was in forest colony caves which are filled with fog and impossible to see in without Heat vision. Coupled with the explosion effects, shake, and firerate, the thing was almost un-hittable, even head on. I managed to hit all but one shot with my AC20.

Still, the fight lasted for seconds, and my CT was stripped.

Edited by Jazzbandit1313, 13 July 2015 - 03:57 PM.

#2 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

I think you just answered your own question. ;)

#3 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

1v1, Alpha versus Alpha, a light and an assault square off, and one barely walks away? That's what I call balance.

#4 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

A Huginn with max armor, completely frontloaded, takes 48 damage to kill by way of XL side-torso coring. You have an alpha of 42 with 2xLPL and an AC20. So, you just stood there and face-tanked each other? The opponent had 5 or less rear armor and you didn't twist after the first volley?

I mean, yeah, Huginn's very strong for a light, maybe too strong. But you also brought your fate on yourself.

#5 DjPush

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

I wouldn't say he barely walked away. So what if his CT was stripped. He still killed the Huggin. Right? Those things are paper tigers with legs made of tooth picks. They only succeed when their prey is too occupied with bigger mechs to notice the light taking their back armor. Any skilled pilot knows to counter rotate the death spiral and sweep the legs.

The Huggin can be extremely deadly when piloted right. However, those pilots are the one percent of a nine percent drop queue. Most Huggin pilots (myself included) think they are tougher than they really are. It's very easy to catch a huggin pilot, like myself, out of position and on the buisness end of an AC20.

#6 Jazzbandit1313

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,088 posts
  • Location--- Star's End ---- -- Novo Cressidas --

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

Oh did i forget to mention a highlander rounding the corner during our fight?

#7 Divine Decoy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 104 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:28 PM

View Posttucsonspeed6, on 13 July 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

1v1, Alpha versus Alpha, a light and an assault square off, and one barely walks away? That's what I call balance.

BOOO!! Not balance. Why take an assault if a scout can take it down 1v1? Need more of a rock/paper/scissors aspect to make it balanced. Lights should be able to take down an assault, but not "Face hugging" them 1v1

Mind you, i just enjoy stompy mechs and Mike Bay explosions mixed in with my "thinking man" shooter/mech sim. Game is decent now, but every so often a light mech ruins the game. More likely, an assault ends up with no purpose in a match cuz they all suck right now....

#8 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:29 PM

i think the issue is that the Victor stinks and not that the Huginn is decent lol

#9 His Holiness Pope Buster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

I think if they really fixed hit reg then we would hear a lot less complaints about various lights being OP.

#10 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

View PostDivine Decoy, on 13 July 2015 - 04:28 PM, said:

BOOO!! Not balance. Why take an assault if a scout can take it down 1v1?

Locusts have been soloing Dire Wolves since day 1 of clan release. That does not make the Dire Wolf bad. (Though it does demonstrate it's well known weakness of poor maneuverability, which is why it pretty much always needs a wingman.)

#11 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:46 PM

Damn it... The Huggin needs some serious buff cause the jenner IIc is coming ;)

#12 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:00 PM

you killed him after all
it's a dedicated assault killer, beware
if they touch you too much you can play a light killer and eat them for breakfast

also it was nerfed iirc, its legs were somehow weakened or made more vulnerable

More likely, an assault ends up with no purpose in a match cuz they all suck right now....

assaults are backbone of the team and usually it's they win the match

#13 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

View PostMcHoshi, on 13 July 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

Damn it... The Huggin needs some serious buff cause the jenner IIc is coming ;)

It already has 6 effective SRM4s, which it can effectively take Artemis with (while the Jenner IIC cannot).

I could see the SRM4s going to 33/50%, and buffing MG RoF to 50%. 8 effective MGs is something entirely new, and probably won't be entirely ignored, while 4 SRM4s isn't exactly bad.

Split the weapon buffs, rather than everything lumped into one giant 300% RoF quirk.

#14 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:08 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 13 July 2015 - 05:00 PM, said:

you killed him after all
it's a dedicated assault killer, beware
if they touch you too much you can play a light killer and eat them for breakfast

also it was nerfed iirc, its legs were somehow weakened or made more vulnerable

assaults are backbone of the team and usually it's they win the match

Unless nascar happens (It happens a lot) and the assault lance just get steamrolled while the other 8 run off to a position the enemy team aren't close to anymore.

Edited by Spr1ggan, 13 July 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#15 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostSpr1ggan, on 13 July 2015 - 05:08 PM, said:

Unless nascar happens (It happens a lot) and the assault lance just get steamrolled while the other 8 run off to a position the enemy team aren't close to anymore.

and why they win then? because they kept their assaults :3

#16 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,010 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:13 PM

I thought they already nerfed the Huggin?

I don’t even use it any more

When I first bought it that thing was a beast

#17 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 13 July 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

and why they win then? because they kept their assaults :3

Yes of course. What i was getting at though is that for assaults to win the game for your team they need to be given the chance to do so. Far too often in the solo queue i see my team storm off into a rotation, leaving the assaults behind to be steamrolled. Then players start raging at the assaults for being too slow. Often i try and cover them and often it becomes an exercise in frustration as the rest of the team are so obsessed with nascar.

I guess that's one thing CW has going for it, no nascar.

Edited by Spr1ggan, 13 July 2015 - 05:22 PM.

#18 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostSpr1ggan, on 13 July 2015 - 05:21 PM, said:

Yes of course. What i was getting at though is that for assaults to win the game for your team they need to be given the chance to do so. Far too often in the solo queue i see my team storm off into a rotation, leaving the assaults behind to be steamrolled. Then players start raging at the assaults for being too slow. Often i try and cover them and often it becomes an exercise in frustration as the rest of the team are so obsessed with nascar.

I guess that's one thing CW has going for it, no nascar.

i just recalled the latest game when i got mad, i tried to protected a nascared assault from two lights... and i would succeed if those were not an avant-garde of 2 whole enemy lances... my team ignored us being murdered and moved somewhere ahead, in a wedge, like a flock of wild geese... then enemies picked them all one by one, 12:1. i even drew a pic to send to the daily whine thread but then calmed down; on top of that when i said them that they were blind if they didn't see enemy at their backs i was told that since i played a stormcrow i should have positioned myself better... grrr, at the tip of the geese wedge i suppose

#19 Dingo Battler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 357 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:49 PM

BOOO!! Not balance. Why take an assault if a scout can take it down 1v1? Need more of a rock/paper/scissors aspect to make it balanced. Lights should be able to take down an assault, but not "Face hugging" them 1v1

Mind you, i just enjoy stompy mechs and Mike Bay explosions mixed in with my "thinking man" shooter/mech sim. Game is decent now, but every so often a light mech ruins the game. More likely, an assault ends up with no purpose in a match cuz they all suck right now....

Lights has been the bane of assaults since day 1. If they catch you in the open, with nowhere to back your rear into, you're finished.The only way for a heavy to fight against a light 1-on-1 is to tuck yourself into a crevice and alpha him when he comes around for another shot.

or you could stick with the deathball and let your teammates kill it.

Lights VS assaults are pretty well balanced. Lights risk getting 1-shot-alpha-ed and assaults risk being cored open from the back. Positioning and timing are paramount for the assault, exactly like the thinking man's game you wanted.

#20 Adiuvo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

This isn't a Huginn problem. This is a you problem.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users