Would You Take A Longer Cool-Down If You Could Take 15Damage C-Er-Ppcs? Discussion!

96 replies to this topic

#1 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:01 PM

so Would you Take a longer Cool-down if you could take 15Damage C-ER-PPCs?

=Proposed C-ER-PPC Stats=
Weapon,...........Damage,.Heat,.Speed,.Cool-down,.Range,.Max Range,.DPS,...Tons,.Crits,
(C)C-ER-PPC,......15.........15.....1200........6.0..........810..........1620........2.5........6.......2...
=Current PPC Stats=
(C)C-ER-PPC,.10(2.5x2)...15.....1200........4.0..........810..........1620.....2.5(3.75).6.......2...
(IS)PPC,...............10.........10.....1100........4.0........90-540.......1080.........2.5.......7.......3...
(IS)ER-PPC,.........10.........15.....1200........4.0..........810..........1620.........2.5.......7.......3...
so +2 Seconds of Cool-Down(6) making ti the longest Cycle time of any MWO weapon,
for 15PPFLD, that cant be used to Brawl too well, and no longer Syncs with Gauss,

Good Trade or Bad Trade?

Thoughts Comments Concerns?
Thanks,

#2 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

I really think longer cooldowns for the sniper weapons in the game would be good for the game overall. Gauss rifle and ER PPC specifically. ER PPC shouldn't be a straight upgrade of the PPC at the cost of heat, as I see it. It should be a different animal. More range, more projectile speed, but longer cooldown. Great for sniping, not so great for brawling. The PPC should be better for mid-range combat, so it should have shorter cooldown.

I'd like to see ERPPC+Gauss mechs struggle even more in a brawl than they do now

#3 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

@Alistair Winter
I agree, the Gauss Charge takes abit away from its Brawling potential,
i think this would give the C-ER-PPC a good Trade and allow for True C-ER-PPCs,

#4 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

With the current method of lotsa damage as fast as you can, 6s is a bit tolong, especially if its the only weapon with that CD. 15 dmg would be nice, but at 6s? might be a litlte much. 15@4.5s maybe. 15@5s.

When a single PPC does 15 but lasers can fire back 3x as much and deal 3x as much dmg.....2s faster or more...naw.

Maybe if we see a smaller heat scale, then it might help balance its heat a little, or when less heat means less incoming fire, so its 15 dmg PPD is actually an advantage, then maybe 6s wouldnt be a burden, but in the current game? naw.
Would I love more dmg PPC, absolutely.

#5 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:42 PM

It should have been that way to begin with. Gauss should have gotten a longer cooldown instead of the charge.

I would welcome a 5.5s 15/15 C-ERPPC with open arms as well as a 6.s Gauss with no charge.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 13 July 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I really think longer cooldowns for the sniper weapons in the game would be good for the game overall. Gauss rifle and ER PPC specifically. ER PPC shouldn't be a straight upgrade of the PPC at the cost of heat, as I see it. It should be a different animal. More range, more projectile speed, but longer cooldown. Great for sniping, not so great for brawling. The PPC should be better for mid-range combat, so it should have shorter cooldown.

I'd like to see ERPPC+Gauss mechs struggle even more in a brawl than they do now

It is a mechanic that I abuse but freely admit should not be that way--how the gauss kicks ass at any range so there is no reason NOT to brawl with it. If it had a 6s cycle time from the start like it should have been I bet it never would have got slapped with the silly charge.

Edited by Kain Demos, 13 July 2015 - 05:44 PM.

#6 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:53 PM

I'm fine with 15 pinpoint damage if they have a slightly longer cool down. That's what sniper weapons should be like. Big damage. Big risk if you miss. Low usefulness if the enemy gets close.

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,377 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:56 PM

Afaik the Clan ERPPC does 15 damage...

#8 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:05 PM

it does 10 damage to the component where you aim and 2.5+2.5 splash to two adjacent components

#9 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:10 PM

Giving it more damage.. no. Here is why, dual guass. People would just cycle or alpha twice. Also if you want to give them that level of damage IS needs same. Otherwise this would just be seen as another blatent buff clans moar thread.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,065 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

dual ppc is a completely different animal from dual gauss. you cant fire more than a couple salvos before you start having serious heat issues. id actually be happier with 12 damage with a little extra heat on the target.

#11 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:17 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 13 July 2015 - 05:56 PM, said:

Afaik the Clan ERPPC does 15 damage...

10 2.5 2.5 is not the same as 15.

Now, if we could apply that 2.5 2.5 to the same spot as the 10, then sure...but we cant so, no, they do 10 2.5 2.5, not 15.

#12 Jaeger Gonzo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

so Would you Take heavy outnumber fight 10v16 and ghost heat hitting at firing just 2 weapons if you could take 15Damage C-ER-PPCs?

#13 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:21 PM

View PostJaeger Gonzo, on 13 July 2015 - 06:19 PM, said:

so Would you Take heavy outnumber fight 10v16 and ghost heat hitting at firing just 2 weapons if you could take 15Damage C-ER-PPCs?

don't forget is mechs shouldn't be able to get xl engines and duo heat sinks on every mech and also should use stock loadouts...

#14 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:25 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 July 2015 - 06:13 PM, said:

dual ppc is a completely different animal from dual gauss. you cant fire more than a couple salvos before you start having serious heat issues. id actually be happier with 12 damage with a little extra heat on the target.

No no, put it simply this equates to a 60 point pin point alpha. The reason i say guass is bad is course dires and crabs can carry both making for very short ttk.

#15 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 13 July 2015 - 04:10 PM, said:

I do not think IS PPCs need a shorter cooldown else it may beg questions on IS LLs.

Worst cooldown in game is the IS LRM20 (4.75) followed by the cAC20 (4.7). Should any weapon be worse than those?

Speaking of the cACs, all of them have worse cooldowns than their LBX or Ultra counterparts, should be flipped to give at least some reason to consider standard Clan ACs.

#16 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

What about IS ERPPC? What does is it show for its 1 ton more weight and 1 slot more space?

Edited by El Bandito, 13 July 2015 - 07:00 PM.

#17 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

Clan ERPPCs should have a longer cooldown and do 15 damage. But PGI doesn't like anything that gets near to 30 damage, so sorry.

#18 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:07 PM

View PostKain Demos, on 13 July 2015 - 05:42 PM, said:

It should have been that way to begin with. Gauss should have gotten a longer cooldown instead of the charge.

I would welcome a 5.5s 15/15 C-ERPPC with open arms as well as a 6.s Gauss with no charge.

View PostMister Blastman, on 13 July 2015 - 05:53 PM, said:

I'm fine with 15 pinpoint damage if they have a slightly longer cool down. That's what sniper weapons should be like. Big damage. Big risk if you miss. Low usefulness if the enemy gets close.

thats why i made this Topic, if its ment to be a Sniping weapon,
then increase its cool-down so it more likely to be used as a Sniping weapon,

View PostWildstreak, on 13 July 2015 - 06:55 PM, said:

I do not think IS PPCs need a shorter cooldown else it may beg questions on IS LLs.

Worst cooldown in game is the IS LRM20 (4.75) followed by the cAC20 (4.7). Should any weapon be worse than those?

Speaking of the cACs, all of them have worse cooldowns than their LBX or Ultra counterparts, should be flipped to give at least some reason to consider standard Clan ACs.

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 July 2015 - 06:58 PM, said:

What about IS ERPPC? What does is it show for its 1 ton more weight and 1 slot more space?

thats why im sugesting this, because i think IS is ok where it is,
but the C-ER-PPC should do 15PP Damage, as per Game Play and Lore,
having a 6 Second Cool-down gives it the same DPS as IS PPCs,

View PostLightfoot, on 13 July 2015 - 07:03 PM, said:

Clan ERPPCs should have a longer cooldown and do 15 damage. But PGI doesn't like anything that gets near to 30 damage, so sorry.

Ghost Heat makes it so you cant Boat PPCs(without Dieing)(sad i have to post that Notation)
and Firing 2 already Generates alot of heat, and can cause shutdown it over used,
also 6sec Cool-down makes C-ER-PPCs unable to Aid in a Brawl as well,
all of these things i feel will help Balance 15PP C-ER-PPCs, :)
Edit-

Edited by Andi Nagasia, 13 July 2015 - 07:08 PM.

#19 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:12 PM

View PostEider, on 13 July 2015 - 06:10 PM, said:

Giving it more damage.. no. Here is why, dual guass. People would just cycle or alpha twice. Also if you want to give them that level of damage IS needs same. Otherwise this would just be seen as another blatent buff clans moar thread.

its not that at all, and if you think this is buffing Clan Topic you are mistaken,
having the C-ER-PPC do 15PP Damage with a 6sec cool-down will actually lower its DPS,
and Force it to be used more as a Sniping weapon, but a Better Sniping weapon,

remember IS have 2 PPC options Clans do not, so why shouldnt they get what they have in Lore,
if we cant have 15PP Damage C-ER-PPCs than Give us IS-PPCs 10Heat 10Damage so it can be "Fair",

#20 Eider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 541 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 13 July 2015 - 07:12 PM, said:

its not that at all, and if you think this is buffing Clan Topic you are mistaken,
having the C-ER-PPC do 15PP Damage with a 6sec cool-down will actually lower its DPS,
and Force it to be used more as a Sniping weapon, but a Better Sniping weapon,

remember IS have 2 PPC options Clans do not, so why shouldnt they get what they have in Lore,
if we cant have 15PP Damage C-ER-PPCs than Give us IS-PPCs 10Heat 10Damage so it can be "Fair",

Its a buff thread when you are clearly buffing, 6 sec cooldown? who cares most poke anyway and again to avoid overheat they would just cycle. You think ppcs with 10/10 are good? they have a huge disadvantage of doing no damage until after 90m. As for current clan options? Still a 12.5 thanks to splash.

32 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 32 guests, 0 anonymous users