Full List Of Commands/controls

13 replies to this topic

#1 d3dReaper

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

I haven't found a full update list of updated default commands/controls and figured I could share it here to help the new players(and anyone setting up any type of controller) out.
I'll also be crossposting it to the OutreachHPG and MWO reddits in case anyone there could use it as well

From mailin - "It is worth noting that these commands can also be seen by logging in to the client and clicking "Settings" in the lower right hand corner, and then clicking either "Keyboard" or "Controller". Also, by doing so, it is possible to change the key bindings as well. Simply double click the appropriate spot and then press or click the key you want to use."
Posted Image

Edited by d3dReaper, 14 July 2015 - 05:46 PM.

#2 mailin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:27 PM

It is worth noting that these commands can also be seen by logging in to the client and clicking "Settings" in the lower right hand corner, and then clicking either "Keyboard" or "Controller". Also, by doing so, it is possible to change the key bindings as well. Simply double click the appropriate spot and then press or click the key you want to use.

#3 d3dReaper

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:40 PM

Thank you for that additional mailin. Should I add that to the original post? I do know a few people who weren't able to find these commands initially due to the small inconspicuos nature of the settings button. I had created this list for setting up controllers such as the logitech g13 as well as assisting with setting up VoiceAttack.

#4 ORIGINAL SteelWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 460 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe land of ID.

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:33 AM

Kinda like this thread? http://mwomercs.com/...-game-controls/ I started years ago.

#5 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:20 AM

View PostORIGINAL SteelWolf, on 02 September 2016 - 04:33 AM, said:

Kinda like this thread? I started years ago.

The forums search function has long been ineffective, did you really need to resurrect a thread last posted in more than a year ago to advertise your other thread?

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 02 September 2016 - 09:28 AM.

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 08:48 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 02 September 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

The forums search function has long been ineffective, did you realy need to resurect a thread last posted in more than a year ago to advertise your other thread?

hehe

#7 Lucius Dominus

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:36 PM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 02 September 2016 - 08:20 AM, said:

The forums search function has long been ineffective, did you really need to resurrect a thread last posted in more than a year ago to advertise your other thread?

It seems like it is broken half the time and won't find pilots that have never posted either.

#8 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 02:50 PM

What is weapon door toggle?

#9 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

View PostHunka Junk, on 02 September 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

What is weapon door toggle?

Some mechs have them. I'm not sure if it's only for IS mechs, but most of them seem IS.

Posted Image
Typically missile launchers, here a Catapult.

Posted Image

Crab and King Crab arms also have them with conventional weapons, here all open.

#10 Hunka Junk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 968 posts
  • LocationDrok's Forge

Posted 02 September 2016 - 11:28 PM

Do they have a purpose?

If you fire your weapons with the door closed, do you nuke yourself?

Or is it just a fashion statement?

#11 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 01:05 AM

View PostHunka Junk, on 02 September 2016 - 11:28 PM, said:

Do they have a purpose?

If you fire your weapons with the door closed, do you nuke yourself?

Or is it just a fashion statement?

They aparently protect the weapons a bit, not much.

They will open when you fire, but with launchers there is a small delay, which you can get rid of by opening them manually. With Crab's claws, there's no delay.

#12 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 03:45 AM

On certain Mechs when the missile doors are closed you get an armor bonus, I think it is something like 15%, so if you are not planning to fire weapons behind doors leave them closed and get the armor bonus, if you are planning to fire constantly and do not want the delay open them, or open them a second before you want to fire and immediately close them.

the above applies to Mechs with missile doors (if I remember correctly Catapult, Stalker, Kintaro and at one point Centurion, there could be a few more[edit: including Archer]), it does not apply to the Crabs laser pincers or King Crabs ballistic pincers

Edited by Rogue Jedi, 03 September 2016 - 01:10 PM.

#13 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 04 September 2016 - 01:57 AM

View PostRogue Jedi, on 03 September 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

On certain Mechs when the missile doors are closed you get an armor bonus, I think it is something like 15%, so if you are not planning to fire weapons behind doors leave them closed and get the armor bonus, if you are planning to fire constantly and do not want the delay open them, or open them a second before you want to fire and immediately close them.

the above applies to Mechs with missile doors (if I remember correctly Catapult, Stalker, Kintaro and at one point Centurion, there could be a few more[edit: including Archer]), it does not apply to the Crabs laser pincers or King Crabs ballistic pincers

I thought it was crit hit reduction?

#14 Rogue Jedi

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 02:47 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 04 September 2016 - 01:57 AM, said:

I thought it was crit hit reduction?

it definitely used to be armor, but it could now be critical hit chance, I do not use Mechs with missile doors very often so have not kept up with any changes relating to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users