Shadowcat And Arctic Cheetah Countdown: 1 Day Left!

349 replies to this topic

#201 Jack Shayu Walker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 18 July 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

You guys do know PGI's offices are closed on the weekends, right? :P So one unlucky person has to work on their days off to give us these previews... show them a little patience, neh? :P

The hype train waits for no-one and crushes all in it's path :l

Also they should pre-record the weekend content and take a few minutes to post it from home. Doesn't seem like it should take too much trouble.

View Postsignal, on 18 July 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Sometimes I wonder if they're on a tight schedule in making these mechs, because otherwise I'd imagine they would make this countdown content beforehand and just autopost it. I wouldn't be surprised if the MWO team has more than one working the weekend though.

+1

#202 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:03 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 18 July 2015 - 12:26 PM, said:

You guys do know PGI's offices are closed on the weekends, right? :P So one unlucky person has to work on their days off to give us these previews... show them a little patience, neh? :P

They should install one of them thar internets so they can access their personal computers at work from the comfort of their own homes.

View Postsignal, on 18 July 2015 - 12:44 PM, said:

Sometimes I wonder if they're on a tight schedule in making these mechs, because otherwise I'd imagine they would make this countdown content beforehand and just autopost it. I wouldn't be surprised if the MWO team has more than one working the weekend though.

Bilbo from NGNG posted on the forum a few days ago, talking about when he would make the cockpit preview. May even have been in this very thread, I'm too lazy to check. Suffice it to say, it seems like this particular update may have been finished rather recently.

#203 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:13 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 18 July 2015 - 01:03 PM, said:

They should install one of them thar internets so they can access their personal computers at work from the comfort of their own homes.

Bilbo from NGNG posted on the forum a few days ago, talking about when he would make the cockpit preview. May even have been in this very thread, I'm too lazy to check. Suffice it to say, it seems like this particular update may have been finished rather recently.

Yeah I think Daren said something about a cockpit preview... juuuust waitin'...

#204 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:20 PM

Then I'm gon' be a grump, because it's doing to be midnight here soon and I want to see the next countdown post before I go to bed because I am an irredeemable nerd.

Edited by signal, 18 July 2015 - 01:21 PM.

#205 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:34 PM

Yeah, Bombadil replied to me yesterday. I had After we got to see the B variants in yesterdays previews, I made a comment hoping that we'd get to see the 4th variants in tomorrow's (today's) sneak peak. To which he said:

View PostBombadil, on 17 July 2015 - 10:05 AM, said:

It's mostly a cockpit preview, but I will do my best if I can make it make sense contextually. ;)

So, no, these things are not made in advance. And, I suspect they are indeed on a tight schedule. That the previews can't be made sooner, because the mechs aren't finished yet.

#206 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:38 PM

On that note, could be we'll get saturday and sunday countdown updates in the NGNG weekend update...

#207 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:42 PM

View PostChapeL, on 18 July 2015 - 01:38 PM, said:

On that note, could be we'll get saturday and sunday countdown updates in the NGNG weekend update...

The last two times, they've still posted Saturday and Sunday... this time will be no different I'm sure :P

#208 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Oh I know, just saying it might be different this time. :)

#209 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 18 July 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

Yeah, Bombadil replied to me yesterday. I had After we got to see the B variants in yesterdays previews, I made a comment hoping that we'd get to see the 4th variants in tomorrow's (today's) sneak peak. To which he said:

So, no, these things are not made in advance. And, I suspect they are indeed on a tight schedule. That the previews can't be made sooner, because the mechs aren't finished yet.

Not saying they are made in advance, I'm saying they should be.

#210 signal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:44 PM

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 18 July 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

On the other hand, we've seen the working shadowcat 2 days before the countown even started, perhas it was the hankyu getting tweaked till the very end? Or maybe just general bug fixes?
Or perhaps, the staff just has a particularly relaxed schedule regarding the countdown content, since it is basically a bonus thing. Though I doubt that is the case either, as countdown content increases sales by generating excitement from more cautious buyers. Something is keeping the schedule tight at any rate.

I mean, PGI doesn't justdevelop MWO, they do other contract work as far as I know.

Edited by signal, 18 July 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#211 Cosmocat

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:55 PM

Refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh, refresh...

Posted Image

#212 SmokeJ

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

its past 1AM here already, i'd really like to see an update to the countdown here...

Of what use is a countdown, if u dont actually... u know... count down?

So, can u plz get it ready?

#213 Zaldier

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:26 PM

I'm sure they are just busy Up-scaling the Arctic Cheetah model, they will get round to it.

Posted Image

#214 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:34 PM

View PostBalvier, on 18 July 2015 - 03:26 PM, said:

I'm sure they are just busy Up-scaling the Arctic Cheetah model, they will get round to it.

Posted Image

Installs MASC on your atlas and then preceeds to sabatoge it.

#215 Zaldier

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:35 PM

/gasp

#216 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostBalvier, on 18 July 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

/gasp

Go on, use it o.O

It's on the house.

#217 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:06 PM

Cockpit Preview: Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu)

Cockpit Preview: Shadow Cat (with ending dedicated to Twilight Fenrir)

#218 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostBombadil, on 18 July 2015 - 04:06 PM, said:

Cockpit Preview: Arctic Cheetah (Hankyu)

Cockpit Preview: Shadow Cat (with ending dedicated to Twilight Fenrir)

In what FoV were these shot?

#219 Bombadil

No Guts No Galaxy

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

View PostJack Shayu Walker, on 18 July 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

In what FoV were these shot?

Everything is shot in default FOV 60 @ 1080p.

#220 Jack Shayu Walker

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 04:22 PM

Well I can't say the Shadowcat's cockpit isn't interesting... But that's gonna be some baaaad tunnel-vision.

Edited by Jack Shayu Walker, 18 July 2015 - 04:22 PM.

42 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 42 guests, 0 anonymous users