40 replies to this topic

#1 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

This is for all of the pilots that never play lights. Since the hit reg fix, if you drive your mech into our lights, we take significant leg damage. Please stop ramming us and coring out our legs before the fight even starts. Thanks!

Posted Image

#2 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:25 PM

Everybody knows heavies and assaults are more valuable anyway.

[Redacted]

Edited by Rhazien, 25 July 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#3 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:26 PM

Went from orange inner to legged by accidentally hitting a friendly Dire with my AC. My fault I know, but just remember that you can go all the way from orange to legged by a single collision.

#4 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:29 PM

One more reason never to play anything lighter than a medium...

(I enjoy driving lights, but with low rewards and this, it's not a very good use of my limited gaming time)

#5 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:32 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 25 July 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Everybody knows heavies and assaults are more valuable anyway.

And their pilots are just all round better people.

Please... please sir, may I have more tonnage?

#6 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 25 July 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

For MORE! Compose yourself, Alistair, and answer me distinctly. Do I understand that he asked for more, after he had selected the tonnage allotted by the dropship?

#7 Sky Legacy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 590 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostKristian Radoulov, on 25 July 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

This is for all of the pilots that never play lights. Since the hit reg fix, if you drive your mech into our lights, we take significant leg damage. Please stop ramming us and coring out our legs before the fight even starts. Thanks!

Posted Image

you do realize that lights are much faster and should have far more field awareness so you're mostly responsible for getting rammed if you're not looking where you're going

#8 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

View PostSky Legacy, on 25 July 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

you do realize that lights are much faster and should have far more field awareness so you're mostly responsible for getting rammed if you're not looking where you're going

I actually have heavies that shove their giant torso behind me like a meatshield so i can't poke while i'm up front, sometimes it gets really bad and i have to actually shoot at them with a small laser or two to get them to back off and realize what just happened.

#9 Kristian Radoulov

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 611 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

View PostSky Legacy, on 25 July 2015 - 12:41 PM, said:

You do realize who you're talking to?

#10 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:48 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 25 July 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

For MORE! Compose yourself, Alistair, and answer me distinctly. Do I understand that he asked for more, after he had selected the tonnage allotted by the dropship?

He did, Sir.

#11 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:58 PM

View PostKristian Radoulov, on 25 July 2015 - 12:22 PM, said:

If you Lights quit suddenly parking yourselves right in front of us Heavies/Assaults while moving, and especially when corner peeking, that would be great.

Posted Image

#12 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:02 PM

op pic reminds me

Posted Image

use charge as the unicron did!

p.s. my lights?

Posted Image

#13 R Razor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:14 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 July 2015 - 12:43 PM, said:

I actually have heavies that shove their giant torso behind me like a meatshield so i can't poke while i'm up front, sometimes it gets really bad and i have to actually shoot at them with a small laser or two to get them to back off and realize what just happened.

Shoot me with a small laser because you think I should move so you can go where you want and you won't have to worry about where you move for the rest of that match I can promise you that.

#14 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:35 PM

View PostAdiuvo, on 25 July 2015 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostPariah Devalis, on 25 July 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

I'm sorry, chaps, I can't really respond in the way I was going to. Apparently, this is a topic that brings up a lot of emotions and tension. Have a look at my post above and you'll see what I mean.

Maybe I should start posting on Reddit a bit more, where I can joke around a bit more. Is there a way to export all my hard-earned likes and post count from the MWO forum to my Reddit account, to quickly get some street cred over there? Or will I have to start from scratch? I have a 4-star forum rating on the MWO forum, surely that must count for something.

#15 OznerpaG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 977 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

damage should only be inflicted by weapons and rubbing against enemy mechs

the amount of leg damage and lost legs i'm getting from whatever else is contacting my legs in my cheetah is getting insane - i''m starting to wonder if rubbing against walls and rocks is doing damage too, because it's definitely not from fall damage

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,072 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

i dont run into lights, lights run into me. trippin up my assaults. lights really should be out scouting or spotting or sneaking up behind assault mechs and destroying their engines. standing still in formation just makes them cannon fodder.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 July 2015 - 06:36 PM.

#17 WatDo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 172 posts
  • LocationIn your base, killin' your d00ds

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:00 PM

PSA; Running into enemy lights legs THEM too. ;)

#18 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:13 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 July 2015 - 06:15 PM, said:

i dont run into lights, lights run into me. trippin up my assaults. lights really should be out scouting or spotting or sneaking up behind assault mechs and destroying their engines. standing still in formation just makes them cannon fodder.

Maybe when scouting is a valid role, and sneaking up on people isn't just asking to get blown away in 1 alpha.

Sitting around the assaults and letting them draw fire is about the best/easiest way to get damage out without taking fire in a light.

#19 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:14 PM

How about: If there's a mech standing still, don't get all chummy and hump their behind/side? Pick another ridge, or hill, or building to stand beside or behind of.
It sucks for lights right now, sure, but the annoyance isn't limited to a certain weight class.

When I'm in any mech, I really hate it when a mech screams around me and clips me and causes damage. It's just more unnecessary damage that could be avoided if people didn't cluster clump jump each other and gave each other space.

Edit:
Not to negate everything I said, but the biggest fault is the gameplay as it encourages [requires?] this kind of play style; bumping/colliding is just a side effect of playing the game. However, that doesn't excuse it, it just means that people need to be more mindful as everyone is within closer proximity.

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 25 July 2015 - 07:16 PM.

#20 Grimvid

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 70 posts
  • LocationWith my pack of wolfhounds

Posted 25 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

Get out of the way and stay out of the way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users