I Hope People Realise How Stupid The Laser Vomit Now Is.

68 replies to this topic

#61 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:01 PM

View Postbad arcade kitty, on 21 July 2015 - 05:02 PM, said:

>The result? TTK would increase dramatically

instantly making all the risky tactics and small lance combat, anything but deathball, even more obsolete

Back to CoD

#62 MarineTech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 2,969 posts
  • LocationRunning rampant in K-Town

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:47 AM

Posted Image

#63 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostSarlic, on 21 July 2015 - 11:49 AM, said:

Realising it is step 1.
Running it is step 2.
Now...make step 3 worthwhile.

I wonder how many vets i count running the same thing on the EU server.

Everything should -regardless of damage output- been improved. Including LRMs and Streaks.

Hoping to see more LRM and or Mixed up builds instead of the usual vomit builds.

I hope you change! Posted Image

That would be all.

Thank you.

No no no no no no no...

We don't need improved damage. Damage is already too good.

What we need to do... Drumroll please...

is remove CONVERGENCE.

There. Your little laser boating problem has been solved. All boating has been solved. Happy times now. :)

#64 Robot Kenshiro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 315 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:53 AM

Wow this a post from sarlic... miss the guy. I hope one day he reconsiders to play MWO again.

#65 Gyrok

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:38 AM

View PostMister Blastman, on 21 July 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:

Actually, heat increases electrical resistance. There would absolutely be electrical system failures because despite the fusion reactor creating massive amounts of heat energy measured in joules, you still need thermoelectric converters of some sorts to turn that heat into power and then routing/coupling/transformer systems. As hot as these things get, I'd expect to start seeing failures in all operable of moveable components.

Until we get to super conductors. Where, as long as you can maintain the temperature for the super conductor to operate as a super conductor, electrical resistance fluctuation is virtually nil.

However, regarding the idea of super conductors, I would imagine within 1000 years, we will likely find super conductors that can operate normally at room temperature without crazy elaborate LOX or LN2 systems.

#66 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:50 AM

instantly making all the risky tactics and small lance combat, anything but deathball, even more obsolete

The ONLY way youre ever going to get rid of deathballing is by adding a new gamemode(s) with ticket-based respawns.

Deathballing is caused by the perpetual fear of permadeath. It forces people to group together for safety in numbers. Because deathballing both consciously and subsconsciously serves everyone's own selfish purpose of staying alive as well as maximizing focus fire which is best for the collective whole of the team.

The only way to remove that perpetual fear of permadeath is by adding respawns. But there still needs to be a consequence for dying which is why it needs to be ticket-based respawns. No permadeath + ticked based respawns = freedom to play the game however you want without the shackles of permadeath looming over your head, except theres still some incentive not to just carelessly throw your mechs away.

Ticket-based respawns also help fix the issues with nascaring. Because with respawns, having slow assaults die from being left behind, isnt so much a game-losing problem anymore. Because theyll respawn (youll lose a lot of tickets for an assault dying though, but its better than being down a whole teammate).

Edited by Khobai, 05 February 2016 - 09:40 AM.

#67 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:52 AM

I've always maintained that laser vomit is bad, mostly against fast mechs or against pilots that spread damage. Please keep using it.

#68 KHETTI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,328 posts
  • LocationIn transit to 1 of 4 possible planets

Posted 05 February 2016 - 09:01 AM

Laser Vomit is EZE mode, there i said it.

#69 sycocys

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,600 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 10:19 AM

When did they put lasers in the game?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users