Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

#2 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

Excellent stuff. I'm going to have to go over to the Instagram thread and see what those mechlab/mechselect previews are like. The thumbnails looked incredible.

EDIT: Ok, went and looked at the Instagram stuff and HOLY CRAP! That is AWESOME! I can't wait to see it deployed in game. That's going to make life so much nicer. Now Mech Selection and Mech Lab functionality will finally be in a great spot. Thank you for putting all that effort and work into it.

Edited by Sereglach, 25 July 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#3 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:20 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 25 July 2015 - 02:43 PM, said:

Very nice. I am happy to be seeing the new Forest Colony map. Going to be sad to see the old one go though. Lots of good memories on that old map. *sigh*

I will say it again: they should keep the old small maps as an option for private matches (and not delete them completely from the game). Forest Colony works very well for 8 vs 8 or 4 vs 4.

#4 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

New forest colony is coming along nicely.
I like the beach and that it looks like SAND! Not moldy cheese lol.

I understand sci-fi and all that, and not all planets are Earth, but I'm happy to see realism used to create an immersive environment that can be related to.

-

I'm pretty damn stoked about this new Mech Select. I'm so happy PGI is listening and working hard to implement so many of our ideas. It's another excellent milestone being made, but I am hoping for more in the future!

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 25 July 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#5 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 25 July 2015 - 03:23 PM, said:

Indeed I completely agree Odanan. They should also keep them for the testing grounds as well. Would be nice.

I would say I am exceptionally excited for the new maps and love that PGI are putting the work in to really push out nice updated maps which just trump the old versions hands down.. ..that said though, the old maps are still valuable assets that definitely can be utilised in the future if/when we have 4v4, 8v8 in regular game modes (or at least CW).

I think the biggest improvements though are not just the size of the maps, but the fact we finally have destructible elements, day/night cycles & the graphics quality is substantially better.. ..I mean river city just looks beautiful now :)

That said, here is to the new Endor!

Posted Image

#6 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image

#7 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:41 AM

Love the revamped maps (just don't rotate into it too hard). Too much of one thing becomes a bad thing.

Can something be done to fix the collision damage on the Cheetahs please. Many people are complaining about other mechs sticking to the Cheetah. What's worse is that you can crit the Cheetah's accidentally very quickly !!!
I've gone into orange crit by someone ramming me and they didnt back down, I tried to get away and ended up with a oranged cored leg.

I keep seeing this in matches, any accidental close encounters at the start of the match ends up in some nasty leg crit damage rather than the usual yellow armour.

p.s. Please put turrets back into Assault :)

#8 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 26 July 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

Can something be done to fix the collision damage on the Cheetahs please. Many people are complaining about other mechs sticking to the Cheetah. What's worse is that you can crit the Cheetah's accidentally very quickly !!!
I've gone into orange crit by someone ramming me and they didnt back down, I tried to get away and ended up with a oranged cored leg.

I keep seeing this in matches, any accidental close encounters at the start of the match ends up in some nasty leg crit damage rather than the usual yellow armour.

I'm glad im not the only one that is experiencing this, on the verge of a forum rant about colliding with team mates.. :P

I mean, how hard is it to avoid hitting a completely stationary mech.. :ph34r:

#9 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Wow, they are REALLY fleshing out Forest Colony. It looks AMAZING. And the variety of topography makes it SEEM like it will be HUGE. It's tough to tell, but just from how many different areas there seem to be on the map, it almost feels like it has to be Alpine big.

#10 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:38 AM

Great - hopefully we will see the new Forest Colony map soon !

#11 hargneux

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 104 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

View PostThe Unstoppable Puggernaut, on 26 July 2015 - 01:41 AM, said:

Love the revamped maps (just don't rotate into it too hard). Too much of one thing becomes a bad thing.

Apparently they are going to roll back the changes they made to the collision code on Aug 4th.

See this thread

https://www.reddit.c..._is_an_exploit/

#12 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

new old mech grid? hopefully the mechs are recognizable
+1

#13 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:22 PM

That mech grid is what I've always wanted. Finally we get thumbanails of our mechs.

THANK YOU

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users