Petition For Mwo To Support Dx 12

51 replies to this topic

Poll: Petition for MWO to support DX 12 (158 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want MWO to add support for DX 12

1. Yes (124 votes [78.48%])

Percentage of vote: 78.48%

2. No (34 votes [21.52%])

Percentage of vote: 21.52%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:37 AM

Im sorry to say, The Madcat 2 is not supported by DX12, because at the time that mech goes into production, that system is already Lostech.

#42 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:21 AM

I'd rather have them use openGL or even Vulkan on the rumored 'new engine'.

#43 Ghos7bearD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 351 posts
  • LocationGermany, Hamburg

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:18 AM

No for DX12, Yes to Vulkan Support (and Linux).

#44 Roughneck Cobra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:38 AM

Already low on members, I figure a few more would be lost trying run this game so high, that and theres alot of other stuff to fix already.

#45 VinJade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

One thing to remember, M$ is like Mc' Ds, all of it is crap, just taste good but will kill your insides and cause health problems for you in the short/long run.

and as others have stated before not everyone has a few grand around to buy a new gaming computer and will just cost pgi some players.

My friend updated to W10 and his PC kept shutting down and according to the program he had for it that kept track of the CPU it was over heating and kept causing his PC to shut down like a under sinked Nova with 12 flamers.

Upgraded to W7 with an earlier DX and his PC hasn't over heated since.
So going with dx12 would force him to downgrade to W10 just to use garbageX 12.

I personally am running a computer built for gaming with W10 and since my wife plays a bunch of steam games these days(I am soooo glad we had MWO before steam) that she just updated to 10.

why?
because it was free, no other reason than that.
to be honest I am going to be buying a Terabyte drive for our PC and upgrade to W7 leaving her with the normal HD.

but in order to use dx 12 I would be forced to downgrade to w10 just to use good tasting garbage.

Edited by VinJade, 18 April 2016 - 12:37 PM.

#46 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 06:21 AM

View Postpbiggz, on 28 July 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

PGI DOESN'T WRITE CRYENGINE. CRYTEK WRITES CRYENGINE. STOP PRETENDING PGI ACTUALLY PROGRAMS THEY JUST USE CRYTEK TOOLS.

Cryengine supports DX12 already...

#47 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 07:57 AM

1. MWO runs on a heavily modified version of the CryEngine. It's not just a cut and past or something. Upgrading to newer CryEngine at this point is no different from completely overhauling the entire game to run on Unreal or Unity or whatever engine you can think of.

2. DirectX is not a magic bullet. DX12 is not going to magically improve this game. MWO is a seriously poorly optimised game, and PGI is terrible at optimising the graphics engine. The more directly outcome is that the DX12 version would be completely unplayable out the game. Anyone who played the initial versions of the DX11 MWO knows how bad it was.

Even today, the game struggles to pump out 60FPS when you pump all the settings to maximum on a GTX Titan. And on lower settings, a top of the line GFX card would maybe give you 5 to 10 frames more than a last generation mainstream card.

That's how badly PGI is at optimisation. So no, I rather they optimise the current engine properly on DX11 than to spend the unnecessary time to implement DX12

#48 Armament

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 199 posts
  • LocationPiloting a Dire Wolf.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

I can't believe that the game runs so bad after all of these years. I get stuttering on a i7 6700k and a GTX1080 on some maps.

#49 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:51 PM

I'm avoiding windows 10... I don't much care for needing to have a microsoft account logged in to use all the DX12 features so they can track my internet activity, NOT TO MENTION all the features they've removed and the now forced updates implemented.

#50 Vlad Striker

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,414 posts
  • LocationOld Forest Colony

Posted 03 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

There is old engine used by. DX12 does not make any difference. Game does not use DX11 features like tessellation so what can be done by using DX12? Nonsense...

#51 Tibbnak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 379 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:06 PM

View PostVlad Striker, on 03 August 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

There is old engine used by. DX12 does not make any difference. Game does not use DX11 features like tessellation so what can be done by using DX12? Nonsense...

Wattabump!
I kind of agree though; Just upgrading to a new DX spec doesn't necessarily improve performance because unless you re-write large swaths of code to support the functions for it, and if mwo isn't even using a majority of DX11 features then what's the point?

If PGi intends to add VR support they'll need to update to cryengine 4 or 5 at the very least, so there's that.
Honestly half wondering if the mechcon announcement is that they have been and will continue to be working with the Hairbrained schemes Battletech devs on a shared engine backend in exchange for art assets and other stuff. MWO porting to unity engine while also aiding engine and art asset development for battletech. Unity has VR support. *shrug*

#52 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

Gameplay > graphics.

Also: Where are the "port to OpenGL" and "port to Vulkan" options?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users