joystick or mouse

69 replies to this topic

#61 HSSG MaddogK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Am curious to know if I can use BOTH. Been using a joystick for mech piloting and a mouse for head/targeting movement since MW2 and would be utterly lost without BOTH controllers.

...I've been doing it this way for so long my mouse has become a left-handed instrument.

#62 DEHK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 150 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:55 PM

My Sidewinder died some way through MW4.

While i like the realism of FF I've always disabled it for PVP, it's a voluntary handicap.

Posted Imagei bought this for a replacement.

I totally control my torso with the rudder(though I might try mapping it to the secondary throttle).

It's you stick/mouse people who are wack.

#63 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:17 PM

View PostR0AHN, on 05 July 2012 - 08:00 PM, said:

OI! Don't you go stealing my red and green configs! Blue I don't care about, but those two are actually used!

In more serious news... *cough*

Yeah, same setup on my side. I'll probably be unboxing my old WIngman 3D again to see how it plays. And the overall design of the M570 is just freaking amazing for all tasks. Totally worth paying for.

Yeah, design of MX570 is really great. A tough task to find one, though =) Trackballs are not all popular (pity) nowadays... Though, this mouse has a flaw: omron lmb and rmb switches. They fail VERY fast. Well, not exactly fail, but they start giving false clicks. Fixed that with a bit of tape on the button pads, but still, was upset.

And we, trackballers, will have an advantage: we can target better! Pewpewpew!

#64 Aeryk Corsaer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • LocationCentral California

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

As I have only one arm, a joystick is the preferable control mechanism for a game of this ilk.

#65 Scar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,694 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostAeryk Corsaer, on 06 July 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

As I have only one arm, a joystick is the preferable control mechanism for a game of this ilk.

Hi. May be you should try the Hydra. This thing is accurate like a h**l - believe me, no joystick can beat it. You even can combine it with the peddles, but even alone - it really rocks.

#66 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

View PostAeryk Corsaer, on 06 July 2012 - 03:20 PM, said:

Won't something like this Posted Image be even better? Lots of buttons, right under the fingers...

#67 Aullido

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostLavi, on 06 July 2012 - 02:25 AM, said:

Hei... a simmer here too.
Which vistual squadron are you in???

On a side note:
I'm with a logitech g940 and TrackIr

I am with EV_401, but the b*stards just disappeared. They went to play, guest what: World of Tanks!. I hope I could drag them here.

I almost bought a G940, I never had a force feedback joystick. How is it working?.

I also have TrackIR and rudders. After all those expensive hardware I still suck big time. MWO will be more easy than planes for sure. I usually assign the rudders to turn left/right and use the stick to control the torso like a turret. The default configuration of rudders for torso twist is very confusing to me.

Edited by Aullido, 06 July 2012 - 05:01 PM.

#68 Ezee One

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 17 posts
  • LocationJacksonville, Fl

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:04 PM

Just purchased razer nostromo and deathadder.. so I'll be sticking to those for my intial learning curve.

#69 Sebastian Thrawn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationLyran Commonwealth (Germany)

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostDEHK, on 06 July 2012 - 12:55 PM, said:

My Sidewinder died some way through MW4.

While i like the realism of FF I've always disabled it for PVP, it's a voluntary handicap.

Posted Imagei bought this for a replacement.

I totally control my torso with the rudder(though I might try mapping it to the secondary throttle).

It's you stick/mouse people who are wack.

can u tell me which stick this exactyl is ? i want one ^^

#70 Graphite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

The precision aiming that we see in the videos makes me think a mouse will be better...

Pity, because I was planning to dust off my joystick.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users