• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:55 PM

Current event finishes in 5 minutes.

Come on PGI, announce something!

(No I'm not talk patch notes four days early.)

#23 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:53 PM

Oh I don't know, if they offered a decent prize for sitting around in a CW queue as a solo pug, then I might be up for it. Then again, probably not, as its all fairly pointless right now. I'll give it a miss! Stick to the solo and group modes to level up mechs, make some C Bills, get some game time and look at what else is on the market.

#24 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:09 AM

View PostDraughluin, on 31 July 2015 - 11:53 PM, said:

Oh I don't know, if they offered a decent prize for sitting around in a CW queue as a solo pug, then I might be up for it.

Don't you remember the last CW event when PGI gave you worthless Hula Girls as the reward? Specifically, as the reward for being farmed by Clan premades?

#25 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,273 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:18 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 31 July 2015 - 08:38 AM, said:

Proving my point. Earth isn't anything more than the house mankind grew up in. Sentimental attachment at best.

As I said, IS states had some more pressing matters, such as the Clan Invasion threatening the very survival of the Draconis Combine and the Federated Commonwealth, for example. Other than that, Terra has had huge value as scientific center, trade hub and industrial powerhouse.

#26 Cptn Goodvibes Pig of Steel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 125 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:16 AM

View Postmartian, on 01 August 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

Don't you remember the last CW event when PGI gave you worthless Hula Girls as the reward? Specifically, as the reward for being farmed by Clan premades?

Yeah, I missed that one. Shame about that. It wasn't much of an incentive was it? Especially if you're likely to be a solo pug dropping into a defensive battle as part of a rainbow team. I gather that most veteran solo MWO players clearly recognise this fact about CW and are keeping well clear of it. The reverse is probably also true. Its sometimes easier to farm regular CW participants on an individual basis (when they're without their team), if or when they poke their heads into the solo queue looking for a game. Is not really my concern, but I do think the next event will be linked to PGI's latest release or development. Hopefully this is the Singapore server coming online and a ping of something substantially less than 300 for me.

#27 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:59 AM

Relevant YouTube link.

Edited by Appogee, 01 August 2015 - 07:03 AM.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users