• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

View PostNIRVAN, on 02 August 2015 - 01:50 PM, said:

Well done, but.
Please replace "MAX ENGINE" to "CURRENT ENGINE" in a quick note.
PLEASE!!!

Yes.
But we need more than that.
How about the option to sort the mechs by engine size?
Let's say you have 300 mechs but only 50 engines. It's pretty difficult to find the right engine for a mech quickly which is equipped with all the important stuff except the engine, because you needed it for some other mechs [because you don't have enough money (and not enough time/patience to earn it (because the money you earn after a match seems to decrease constantly!)) to equip every single mech with an engine].
Because of this problem I gave every mech the name of the needed engine (for example "300 XL"). While this works pretty good, I therefore don't have the option to give my mechs really cool names.
Well, it's no gamebreaker and some kind of solution. But it's also some kind of a proof of PGI's inadequacy to handle with this kind of "problems". :-/
New mech select looks nice, but I'm still unsatisfied. But hey, I'm just one person, so who cares.

Edited by Tarzilman, 02 August 2015 - 02:23 PM.

#22 ColdHeat

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCity of Brass

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:07 PM

I absolutely welcome this. Definitely a step into the right direction.

What I still would hope to see is a little bar, with between 3 and 10 small item markers that are always available to click at, no matter where you currently are in the UI. Little boxes with 1, 2, 3 etc. in the size of the friends button at the bottom would already be enough. Maybe even right next to it. The whole space left from the friends button between those two triangles would be ideal.

The idea behind is that with just one click you could instantly switch between your favorite mechs. With the new Mech Select Menue, you could simply allocate mechs to the shortcuts buttons either by drag and drop or by pressing the allocated number while hovering above the mech. When you'd hover your cursor over the quickbar, e.g. slot 3, it would simply pop up the designation in a small window like COM-1B and maybe the individual mech name.

#23 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:09 PM

I like it I just wish I didn't have to redo all the paint schemes I was using :P OH WELL!!! it still looks great now get back to work on the Quirking 3 code minions!

*Quirking 3 suppose to be some big re do of all the mech quirks

#24 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

Perhaps the best UI revamp PGI has done since the original UI's "hardpoint locator."

Posted Image
I miss the hardpoint locator.

#25 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

thank you, for the new mech select, and even more for the iteration and revisiting previous stuff to make it better by feedback and testing, some thought has really been put into this

old core content deserves some love too

#26 Daddy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:39 PM

Why not unlock the window location of all out of match screans so they can be positioned and sized according to individual resolution. I have a triple monitor setup and several windows are split between monitors when I have whole areas wide open on screen with nothing there.

Please enable us the ability to customize our non match screen layout.

Daddy

#27 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

Because of this problem I gave every mech the name of the needed engine (for example "300 XL"). While this works pretty good, I therefore don't have the option to give my mechs really cool names.

I did the same thing! It is not rational to buy another XL300 engine when you might spend those c-bills to buy another mech. It's in PGI interest to encourage the players to buy more mechs because we pay for mechbays and camo with real cash. Players buying engines with c-bills brings 0 revenue.
The longer I spend grinding for an engine and modules, the less $$$ I will pay for mechbays and camo. There even comes a time when you stop buying mechs because swapping modules and engines becomes too tiresome.
It's high time PGI realised engine and module swapping works in their favour and it should be encouraged.

#28 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

This is like 90% of what we wanted. Looking good!

#29 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

Nicely done :wub:

#30 Magos Titanicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSagittarius A

Posted 02 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

really nice job! looks decent B)

#31 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:21 PM

This is great! Good job.

Now I only have 2 requests I will be spamming over and over the next weeks:
  • Please let the UI remember my preferences for the Mech select screen each time I use it.
  • Please let me mark any mech as a 'favourite' (i.e. Mech Ready List from UI 1.0) so I can choose to show only my favourite mechs and hide all the other ones. In UI 1.0 we had up to 4 mechs in the Mech Ready List, but with UI2 we would be able to have any number of mechs on the list.
    If I have over 100 mechs and I mostly like to play 6 or 7 of them, which are a combination of Clan, Inner Sphere, light, medium, heavy and assault, it would be great to have a Mech Ready List.
Thanks

#32 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:53 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 02 August 2015 - 03:21 PM, said:

This is great! Good job.

Now I only have 2 requests I will be spamming over and over the next weeks:
  • Please let the UI remember my preferences for the Mech select screen each time I use it

Filter saving will come in a later patch, it's mentioned in Tuesday's notes.

My request would be some improvements to the quick display of hardpoints, those colours are a bit harsh on the eyes and can be hard to make out quickly. I'd also suggest that the expanded mech stats pane take up the full height of the right hand side, to minimize scrolling. I'm not fussed that it covers the mech when expanded.

Finally, I know it's not the mech select screen, but some improvements to the colour picker would be much appreciated. Group colours and arrange colours by hue (eg put red, light red, pink, together) and scale the picker with the screen resolution instead of making it so tiny.
Posted Image

Great work in all, and is pretty much what we've been asking for for months. Glad to see PGI is taking feedback wholeheartedly on board. Soon enough I'll have nothing to complain about and I'll be a very happy camper indeed :D

#33 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 03:57 PM

I like the concept but what's up with the tiny-@$$ font?

I see they still aren't taking feedback on that.

#34 Redshirt enraged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 128 posts
  • Locationhere / there / everywhere

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

looks well conceived...i really like it. :)

#35 Knight2416

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 78 posts
  • LocationLevin, New Zealand

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Thanks PGI this is much improved. I can not wait until patch to try it out.

#36 Khan MacGonzo

Rookie

• 6 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:07 PM

Over 1 million MC?!? Spare a few 'mechs for a old Mechwarrior who has experienced too much feedback? :P

Edited by Khan MacGonzo, 02 August 2015 - 04:07 PM.

#37 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

I'll be utterly delighted to get my hands on this. It looks like it's going to be amazing.

I've also noticed a lot of the feedback, already, revolves around known issues and things PGI already wants to do (scaling UI and remembering preferences are the two biggies). I think that's a great thing, because that means that PGI already has plans to address the few (mostly minor) issues that people have with these UI improvements. I think the only thing that's going to personally drive me a little bonkers is going through and resaving all of my mechs so the icons show up properly. However, that's a minor inconvenience.

Overall I think it's leagues beyond what we had before. I think it's going to be an excellent improvement to the UI and front-end user experience.

Thank you, PGI, for taking our feedback and doing excellent things with it.

#38 TyphonCh

• The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 1,074 posts
  • LocationDue North

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:21 PM

FAVORITES TAB NEXT!!!!!!!

Looks great otherwise. Huge improvement. PGI has developed listening skills :D

#39 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:22 PM

Rifleman confirmed. :D

https://youtu.be/RJtK4iHyfxk?t=2m21s

Edited by YaKillinMeSmalls, 02 August 2015 - 04:22 PM.

#40 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:29 PM

While I'm fully expecting to get around 2 FPS with this, I also totally don't care, this is sexy as all hell.

Maybe for once the fact that I own very few mechs will be a good thing on the FPS...but at least I can see their camo now, and have a much, much easier time doing the insane amount of refits and rebuilds that I tend to do on my small flock.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users