• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

Title says it all.

Long awaited and much appreciated.

I have contacted all the past members I can to let them know we now have this. I hope it brings a few back.

BTW ping is now 129 from 260 (OC v NA)

#2 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:17 PM

Need to check later for my ping - will update.

96 from work. Should be similar from home

Based in Canberra.

And yes - Thank you PGI!

Cheers!
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 04 August 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#3 Roadkill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

Anyone know the ping from the Pacific NW to the new Oceanic servers? I'm thinking with just a little bit of luck, I might be able to leave all 3 sets of servers enabled!

#4 pubPN

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

Playing from Australia, for some reason I'm getting more ping than the U.S servers.

330 ping on Oceanic Vs. 250-300 Ping on U.S. TPG ISP.

Edited by pubPN, 04 August 2015 - 02:35 PM.

#5 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostpubPN, on 04 August 2015 - 02:35 PM, said:

Playing from Australia, for some reason I'm getting more ping than the U.S servers.

Wow... I just thought I had bad luck.

#6 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

I wonder why they took the pings off the main menu....

#7 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

Ping the server, probably a routing issue.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 04 August 2015 - 02:44 PM, said:

I wonder why they took the pings off the main menu....

wut?

#8 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

View PostKharnZor, on 04 August 2015 - 02:45 PM, said:

Ping the server, probably a routing issue.

wut?

Just checked the client. The color coded ping displays aren't displaying on the play now button. Neither are the actual ping numbers displaying.

Apparently if you have a ping greater than 500 to a server, they don't show.
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4602371

#9 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:58 PM

It's a good start. They can't expect to grow the SEA/Oceanic playerbase if the best they can offer is 300ms. :lol:

#10 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:00 PM

Can you run a tracert?

#11 Sylvara-Arc

Rookie

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

Another playing from Australia here and getting 200+ ping on the Oceanic servers in the games I've run so far. Yet getting around the same on NA servers.

Not really impressed.

#12 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:16 PM

I'm getting 150-180 ping from brisbane, ISP telstra.
However my ping to the NA server has gone up from 250-270 to 330+.....the same ping i get to the EU servers.

#13 Eboli

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

96 Ping playing from Canberra. Using my work pc just for one test. Sorry team as I had to ALT F4 afterwards as this pc runs at 5 fps...

I use iinet at home and their ping is consistent (238-242 normally to NA and around 220-230 EU) and good so I think I will likely be hovering around 100 ping as well.

I hope you bad ping was just a glitch (and mine isn't :) )

Cheers!
Eboli

Edited by Eboli, 04 August 2015 - 04:41 PM.

#14 Rabitldr

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

The ping has improved but the complete LACK OF IN GAME VOICE COMMS....is not so good. Why have we been dudded?

Can you guys pop for some bandwidth? Possibly upgrade from copper to fiber optic?

#15 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:55 PM

View PostRabitldr, on 04 August 2015 - 04:45 PM, said:

The ping has improved but the complete LACK OF IN GAME VOICE COMMS....is not so good. Why have we been dudded?

Can you guys pop for some bandwidth? Possibly upgrade from copper to fiber optic?

wut.
we got voip in game.

#16 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

TPG and Optus are both currently running inefficient routing paths to the new Singapore servers, resulting in less-than-ideal connection performance compared to what other Australian players might be seeing under other ISPs.

The most recent information we have based on the data we've received is that no matter where the player is located in Australia, TPG and Optus connections are only leaving through Sydney. Other ISPs are routing through Perth to reach our Singapore servers, as this will provide them with the most direct route.

This means that a player based in Perth using TPG or Optus as their ISP will first run 3000km+ to the node in Sydney. From Sydney they may then jump to New Zealand, Hawaii, Japan, and Hong Kong, before finally reaching Singapore (with a few other nodes in between).

To contrast that, a player based in Sydney under Telstra or iiNet will typically run from Sydney > Perth > Singapore (with a few nodes in between). A Telstra or iiNet player in Perth would run Perth > Singapore with nodes in between.

I'm going to be putting up a main thread in the Developer Outreach sub-forum tomorrow morning to provide players in the Oceanic region with a central place to post and compare trace routes, ping results, and ISP information. Hopefully we can work together to identify the worst cases and see what can be done to improve the situation.

#17 Mattskiiau

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:09 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 04 August 2015 - 04:57 PM, said:

...snip

SURPRISE!!! Just kidding. It's not like this wasn't mentioned before we got baited with "Australian" servers and the Singapore location was announced..... It's very very very well known that this is an issue here and it's not changing anytime soon. We understand you wanted to market "Oceanic" servers for the whole region just to get your slice of that market back and Singapore was the cheapest option. Unfortunately, because of the price of Telstra and similar ISP's here, most of the general gamer population is with TPG/optus/iinet etc anyway.

The only thing that can be done is move servers to AU or NZ. Optus aint changing their routes for you, nor will they or have they for any other company that requests this.

I'm sorry for my emotional outburst but I'm passionate about this game and I just wanted to be a lower ping player like the rest of NA/EU.

#18 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

View PostMattskiiau, on 04 August 2015 - 05:09 PM, said:

SURPRISE!!! Just kidding. It's not like this wasn't mentioned before we got baited with "Australian" servers and the Singapore location was announced..... It's very very very well known that this is an issue here and it's not changing anytime soon. We understand you wanted to market "Oceanic" servers for the whole region just to get your slice of that market back and Singapore was the cheapest option. Unfortunately, because of the price of Telstra and similar ISP's here, most of the general gamer population is with TPG/optus/iinet etc anyway.

The only thing that can be done is move servers to AU or NZ. Optus aint changing their routes for you, nor will they or have they for any other company that requests this.

I'm sorry for my emotional outburst but I'm passionate about this game and I just wanted to be a lower ping player like the rest of NA/EU.

Then change your ISP. I do it all the time. Slightly higher prices are totally acceptable as a trade off.

Also, I tried to drop in the Oceanic queue just now but couldn't find matches for 10 minutes straight so I gave up.

Edited by El Bandito, 04 August 2015 - 05:13 PM.

#19 Mattskiiau

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 August 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Then change your ISP. I do it all the time.

I wish it was that easy. We're locked into contracts here and regardless, a lot of these ISP's aren't available in all locations so we are stuck with particular providers.

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostMattskiiau, on 04 August 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

I wish it was that easy. We're locked into contracts here and regardless, a lot of these ISP's aren't available in all locations so we are stuck with particular providers.

Ah, so Aussie ISPs have regional monopoly like the US providers? That sucks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users