Update: Oceanic Server Disconnects

273 replies to this topic

#61 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

Get the issue right now, first in 4 matches.

#62 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:26 AM

View Post013, on 08 August 2015 - 02:23 AM, said:

So far out of 30 games 8 was disconnects. To me that seems like a Huge amount. Getting the warhorns and c bills are going to be unfairly difficult in this challenge.

Don't forget that the event in the first place is to test the servers... regardless of how good or bad it is going it's going according to plan for the event to an extension... if things go very bad they may extend the event post fix. overall: yay warhorns.

#63 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:29 AM

An update : i just disconnected from a river city map. Restarted client one minute later and tried to rejoin...server tried to load alpine for me...just wierd

#64 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts
  • LocationRosevears, TAS.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:37 AM

Another Assault game and another D/C.... :huh:

#65 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 03:52 AM

Another Assault game and another D/C.... :huh:

#66 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:11 AM

Seems to have become so prevalent, some matches I get into at start someone says in a happy voice, "Let's all Disconnect!"

I doubt Ping has to do with it and why shaft all those single digit Ping players on Oceanic.

I also wonder if Ping tests are useful. PGI troubleshooting always had me do Tracert and Ping tests to the Canadian location. Now we have European and Oceanic servers but if I have a problem, instructions insist I do tests to the Canadian location?

View PostShinVector, on 07 August 2015 - 08:22 PM, said:

Maybe it depends on how intense the match is ? I dunno...

Does, "Match just started on Alpine Peaks, no enemy contact," count? That was one of mine. Peeked out in a saddle, saw no enemies, people were still moving into position, pulled back behind cover aaaannnnndddddd......

#67 Giving Em The Business

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 66 posts
  • LocationOn your six, duct tape at the ready

Posted 08 August 2015 - 04:26 AM

Here is a question. In almost every game I have played if the game crashes an auto pop up comes up letting you send report stats automatically.
Why dont you have this?
Almost all gaming companies have weekend specials and you are slowly pushing me to them, as at least I can play them without discos.

I don't mind the grind, however I do mind when I have to play a 13th opponent every match and that opponent is PGI.
We know there is an issue. We know 1% is non-sense. We just want it fixed. Please tell us the truth next time.

Acceptable response:
We screwed up and the servers are not handling properly we will fix this as soon as possible, sorry for the inconvience.

Unacceptable response:
See page one of this post.

You will find PGI that even if we don't like what you have to say, as long as it's honest we will accept it.
It's when you start acting like politicians and spin doctoring stuff that the wolves (pun intended lol) come out to hunt.

#68 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:02 AM

Again. Just in the time our team got the 12th kill and the result screen showing up. Now got to wait another 8 minutes until my mech becomes usable again.

Did no one beta test those new servers??

P.S.:
Needless to say that the XP (premium + Double XP) are MIA.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 08 August 2015 - 05:17 AM.

#69 Smouch

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:09 AM

4th d/c for today, this time a Skirmish.

I still say you should get the 30 match points if the server falls over <_<

#70 Unknown Rand

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThe Pit

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:25 AM

River City
Assault
11:25pm aest

#71 purplewasabi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 170 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:26 AM

PGI, please QC next time

#72 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

Happened again. This time on conquest. That is 5 games (1 of which I knew we were winning) that could be "owed". Getting frustrating.

#73 FilthyPeasant

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

FYI, this issue is still occurring for me. I was on Crimson Strait (Skirmish) and was D/C'd. I tried to rejoin and the client tried to load Frozen City Night (Conquest). Yesterday's patch has been applied. Also, my mech cannot be used as the "Play" button is still set to "Rejoin."

If you need anymore info, send me a message to my accounts email address and I'll provide what I can for you!

Edited by FilthyPeasant, 08 August 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#74 Timicon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:30 AM

Yeah, the disconnects seem to be happening largely on the Terra Therma map (2 times in as little as an hour) and other maps showing extreme lag on the Oceanic servers - ie Forest Colony Snow and HPG Manifold.

#75 PaulFliP

• PipPip
  • Överste
  • Överste
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLubertsy

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:32 AM

i was disconnected in every second match on Oceanic server last 2 days... I think I will not get my isobaric & yard sale warhorn becouse of this problems... (((

#76 PaulFliP

• PipPip
  • Överste
  • Överste
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLubertsy

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

as i said - every second match!
now once again

by-by my warhorns =(

Edited by PaulFliP, 08 August 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#77 Unknown Rand

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationThe Pit

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:50 AM

Crimson Straight
Assault
11:50pm aest

4 games in a row this has happened now.

#78 Madgoose

• PipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 26 posts
  • LocationAt your six.

Posted 08 August 2015 - 05:56 AM

Had 2 discos yesterday and 3 so far today - un fortunately with a match in which I had around 3 or 4 kills - hope they will count....

#79 Racersky

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:02 AM

Look, regardless of how PGI "spins" this, we (players, customers) know the truth. PGI "could" have made a mistake when they posted 30 out of 3000, we (players) know better. They will solve the problem when they get to it. By now, I think they are aware of the problem and am sure that they (PGI) will extend the timeline due to all the issues with the server(S). By the way, I wonder if it is possible to "save" default setting in this new mech lab? Like why do I have to every time click on "own" mech and when I click o heavy, light, medium or whatever category,I have to click the drop down arrow to view those mechs? Instead of 2 clicks, just 1 click?

#80 DropBear

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGhost Bear Assault Corridor

Posted 08 August 2015 - 06:11 AM

First of all, thanks PGI for bringing a server closer to my home. I have received quite a number of sympathetic comments from NA players who now know what is is like to play > 250 ms ping. The shoe is on the other foot now! :P

Regrettably out of 10 group drops played today we experienced 5 total disconnects. That is not just an isolated player disconnect but the entire team.

I am sure you would agree that a 50% failure rate is sub-par considering that the EU server did not experience anything like this.

It would be appreciated therefore if you could extend the period of this challenge, just like you did when you experienced technical difficulties with the EU server.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users