Solo Players Should Never Be Allowed To Drop In Community Warfare.

Balance Gameplay Mode

1017 replies to this topic

#1001 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

Except that's exactly what should happen.

The tagless queue full of don'tcares, new players and people just goofing around who don't care who wins or loses but are just grinding LP.

If someone wants to get better at the game, help flip worlds and really contribute you put a tag on and play in the tagged queue. If you want CW maps/modes/LP rewards but just want quickplay solo queue style Yolo engagement you've got the tagless queue.

Quickplay CW don'tcares should not flip worlds.

#1002 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

exactly, I am assuming .. lol that the pug queue will not count towards map..
I would think you should have a deck of IS and Clan to participate..? kinda makes sense..

#1003 Groovdog

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 76 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

OP is the single most clueless self-centered person I have read during my short stint on these forums. You want to kill the game go ahead go for it. Worst ideas ever.

Hell Mechwarrior EGA 23 years ago had more teamwork in a game and there was no teamspeak, hell not even PVP. We were so organized we had call lists that responded to attacks on planets.

There needs to be methods for all players to contribute to taking planets/etc. In a perfect world this would be PVE, PVP (solo pug basically) and PVP teams. Rewards should be based on difficulty and teamwork so teams fighting teams get better rewords. Fact is need to move away from 12v12 premades and go to something smaller to make it viable.

Pretty simple really. PGI just needs to get a clue.

#1004 Fais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:26 PM

Man this thing is 51 pages. Anyone mind summing it up so far?

#1005 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

View Postmultisoul, on 15 February 2016 - 06:43 AM, said:

nice, nice. I was looking for footage of Recruits playing CW for such a long time. if someone comes next time with arguments what is OP and why he looses, i tell him not to play like that:

I think I've got loads of those laying around, but the Saving Private Ryan one is the singular best.

Spoiler

View PostCommander A9, on 15 February 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Here's a terrible argument which is being made, but may unfortunately stand: "If the cues get split, then the only matches which should matter for planetary occupation ought to be the battles fought betwee units.

Because if the pugs keep losing matches which the unit players keep winning, and unit players have no way of 'reinforcing' pug players, then pug matches should be irrelevant."

You see how ridiculous that sounds?

Splitting cues is going to be a horrible idea.

I'm one of the people who made it, and I would appreciate it if you explained why it's ridiculous? Those solo players are not playing CW, they're just playing a new game mode, with new maps, without consideration for the consequences of what they're doing. They are approaching it in a casual way.

CW is supposed to be the not-casual mode. Ergo, casual play in that mode should carry no weight. Not only that, but CW was intended from the get go to be about group play (not necessarily units, but group play), and teamwork. Once the queues are split, even solos that want group play are forced into the solo queue. So why should non-group play count in the group play mode?

That's like wanting light mechs to be counted in the assault mechs' leaderboard.

View PostFais, on 15 February 2016 - 07:26 PM, said:

Click the Spoiler for a TL;DR version
Spoiler

No, I'm serious, that's basically it.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 16 February 2016 - 01:01 AM.

#1006 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:22 PM

It is an occult gathering.
nothing more, nothing less.

#1007 Lupis Volk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 15 February 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

Splitting cues is going to be a horrible idea.

I'm seeing why this game has a angry mob following it now.

we're screwed no matter what.

Keep CW as is and solo's get clubbed.

Cave in and split CW and cause units to either leave and join said mob or they find ways to abuse the system and join the solos.

Edited by Lupis Volk, 16 February 2016 - 01:42 PM.

#1008 Fais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:16 PM

View Postkesmai, on 16 February 2016 - 01:22 PM, said:

It is an occult gathering.
nothing more, nothing less.

Yea the picture is getting clearer. I[ll keep poking and reading.

View PostLupis Volk, on 16 February 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

I'm seeing why this game has a angry mob following it now.

we're screwed no matter what.

Keep CW as is and solo's get clubbed.

Cave in and split CW and cause units to either leave and join said mob or they find ways to abuse the system and join the solos.

Yea that might just sum it up. I think my idea is better, but keep CW in hopes we get a player population they handle it with.

#1009 Daikyu Kell

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 46 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:48 PM

The crux of the matter is if you like running by yourself, fine just listen to any instructions given, ususlly the ppl giving the instructions know what they are doing.

Personally If I am dropping solo CW i'll ask if there is any drop lead or plan and wing it from there, works most of the time.

-KH- is a small unit and we usually only have 4 or 5 guys doing CW at any one time we run the drop lead and most of the solo guys follow along, normally there is only 1 bad apple who thinks running into a 12 man enemy is a grand idea, we have to cope and adjust.

I agree with the unit ideas mentioned above but not everyone wants to join a unit or can not spend the time to be in a unit, but to ban all solo players from CW, bit heavy handed and not really encouraging team play. CW is a whole different beast and it does make a change from pugging the QP que. Give the solo crowd a go and get them involved.

#1010 Fais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:54 PM

4 Man's like back in the old days!

#1011 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 16 February 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

Spoiler

I think I hurt myself laughing at these. Well played.

#1012 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

OP created click bait
A few discussions regarding gating CW (some good ideas, but most were just elitist crap)
A few discussions regarding split queue

Mostly just a troll thread good for entertainment purposes at this point. Most constructive discussion is buried and not worth digging through the 45 pages or so of other "stuff" to get it out honestly when there are threads that aren't this diluted and convoluted to be read.

Sums it up fairly well? :P

View PostIraqiWalker, on 16 February 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

I think I've got loads of those laying around, but the Saving Private Ryan one is the singular best.

Spoiler

I'm one of the people who made it, and I would appreciate it if you explained why it's ridiculous? Those solo players are not playing CW, they're just playing a new game mode, with new maps, without consideration for the consequences of what they're doing. They are approaching it in a casual way.

CW is supposed to be the not-casual mode. Ergo, casual play in that mode should carry no weight. Not only that, but CW was intended from the get go to be about group play (not necessarily units, but group play), and teamwork. Once the queues are split, even solos that want group play are forced into the solo queue. So why should non-group play count in the group play mode?

That's like wanting light mechs to be counted in the assault mechs' leaderboard.

Spoiler

Is the best TL;DR version

#1013 SWANN

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 57 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:27 AM

View PostArmando, on 09 August 2015 - 12:01 AM, said:

PGI lied to me...

I was told there was going to be community warfare, and it doesn't exist. Not when the game was released, not last week, not today, has NEVER happened.

What PGI laughably CALLS Community Warfare is really just a solo que where players get to drop in 4 mechs. I was TOLD that I was going to get a COMMUNITY of players, working together as a faction / mercenary units to fight against. I call BULLSH!T !!!!!

All I see, match after match, after match, after match is solo players in trials who can't break 100 damage using 4 mechs.

This brings be to the Topic Title:

SOLO PLAYERS SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO QUE FOR COMMUNITY WARFARE.

To say "A Solo Player participated in Community Warfare" is a text book example of an oxymoronic statement.

FACT: Solo players have a que to fight against other solo players already.
FACT: There is no game mode for only 12 man groups. (What COMMUNITY warfare should have been).

As long as a solo player can que for a 'community warfare' drop, there is no community warfare. PGI farked over every community of players (every unit in the game) by allowing solo players the OPTION to que for community warfare. PGI farked over every solo player in game by giving them a chance to que without a unit (If can do it, you should be able to...not solo players fault for attacking/defending solo....it should have never been an option).

TL:DR - Community Warfare should not be an option for solo players, No unit, no que option. Give solo players are REASON to join a 'community' (aka: Faction and or Unit) and play as a member of a GROUP. Fix community warfare....solo players have their que, 2-11 players have their ques, 12 mans should have our community warfare.

Thank you for your time.

- Armando

Most people are not interested in joining a unit. Most people aren't going to take this game that seriously. There are not enough unit players to populate CW. Those are the facts and that is why CW is the way it is. You can either reconcile those facts or continue crying about it. Separating the ques is a mistake, but shutting pugs out entirely is an even bigger one.

And honestly, reading through this forum, and seeing the arrogant, unwarranted sense of self worth probably won't endear anyone to you guys. Nothing I read here makes me want to join a unit.

Edited by SWANN, 17 February 2016 - 10:27 AM.

#1014 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:32 AM

View PostSWANN, on 17 February 2016 - 10:27 AM, said:

Most people are not interested in joining a unit. Most people aren't going to take this game that seriously.

Citation?
Otherwise can we stop with the "majority" and "most players" kind of talk?
:)

#1015 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:51 AM

View PostSandpit, on 17 February 2016 - 10:32 AM, said:

Citation? Otherwise can we stop with the "majority" and "most players" kind of talk? :)

I think the fact that most players don't have tags whether they are in CW or in the Public Queue is sufficient evidence that most players don't want to join a unit.

And *technically* 'Most' at least 51% of any given population.

...but this makes me kinda wonder now, does a Unit consisting of one person count as an actual unit?
The way I see it is that technically yes it does (and I know that there are more than a couple of those out there)...but single-person units don't exactly fit the definition of what most folks consider to be a unit in these sorts of discussion, and for the purposes of this discussion single-person units can be considered Solos/PUGs for purposes of this sort of discussion.

#1016 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:56 AM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 17 February 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

I think the fact that most players don't have tags whether they are in CW or in the Public Queue is sufficient evidence that most players don't want to join a unit..

again
citation please?
I just as many, at least, unit tags in solo and group and cW queue as I do no tags at all.
So as you said

And *technically* 'Most' at least 51% of any given population.

citation needed ;)

...but this makes me kinda wonder now, does a Unit consisting of one person count as an actual unit?
The way I see it is that technically yes it does (and I know that there are more than a couple of those out there)...but single-person units don't exactly fit the definition of what most folks consider to be a unit in these sorts of discussion, and for the purposes of this discussion single-person units can be considered Solos/PUGs for purposes of this sort of discussion.

According to Russ 1man with a tag is a unit. His words, not mine in response to a player on Twitter asking about being able to drop with friends in the "unit queue" for CW.

His answer, "Just create and join a 1 man unit, problem solved"

So, according to PGI, yes, 1 person with tags in a unit.

#1017 MechWarrior5152251

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 04:19 PM

What a moron. No one is stopping you from queuing a 12 man. You never have to drop with less than 12 man premade if you don't want to.

#1018 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 23 April 2016 - 03:12 AM

from the OP comment

SOLO PLAYERS SHOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO QUE FOR COMMUNITY WARFARE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users