21 replies to this topic

#1 Vashko

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:30 PM

Hello all,

as you can see in the title,

I would like to know what is the current status of MWO?

1. New features
2. Reworked features
3. Removed features\
4. Meta
5. Mechs, tweaks and that sort of stuff/

Thank you in advance

#2 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:34 PM

New mechs, River City map is redesigned, not much gameplay changes yet, at least not until the upcoming ECM nerf

#3 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

Matchmaker is still awful. Expect 12-2 rolls more than half the time.

#4 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 09 August 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

thats just what happens in a game with no respawns

#5 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:41 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 09 August 2015 - 12:36 PM, said:

LOL

Pugs rolling Pugs!

#6 stjobe

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:45 PM

http://mwomercs.com/game/patch-notes
http://mwomercs.com/...-notes-archive/

#7 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostVashko, on 09 August 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

Hello all,

as you can see in the title,

I would like to know what is the current status of MWO?

1. New features
2. Reworked features
3. Removed features\
4. Meta
5. Mechs, tweaks and that sort of stuff/

Thank you in advance

1. New Mechlab. New UI. New Mechs. LFG, VOIP, Chats.
2. Guess Lab and UI falls under this too. Big re-work(s) are Maps. River City now and Forest Colony soon.
3. None come to mind right away.
4. I don't meta, I play. Someone else with MWO gaming spreadsheets can help.
5. Clan Wave Mech packs, IS resistance packs, new Hero/champion mechs, the Urbie!

Current status is good and improving. Added regional servers. Patches twice a month. Timely hotfixes. Steam release in near future and next beta phase of Community Warfare (section that needs most attention atm) is just on the horizon if you are into teamwork/group play.

Best advice after 6 months; download and give it a shot yourself and make up your own mind.

:)

Hope you stick around.

#8 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:10 PM

View PostCathy, on 09 August 2015 - 12:48 PM, said:

yeah with respawns it's its 48 - 8 :rolleyes:

respawn the cure for cancer, the common cold, and capitalism..

Theres no elo in CW...

#9 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:27 PM

View PostTennex, on 09 August 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

thats just what happens in a game with no respawns
No, this is what happens when it's kill-based gameplay and mainly goes by strength in numbers. Respawns aren't going to change anything except drag out what's already happening. If a team doesn't have a healthy dose of both offense and defense then that's when you see the stomps.
Too aggressive and people who didn't get the memo or weren't as enthusiastic get left behind and thus weakens the front line, reducing firepower, and the amount of targets. Making the other side sustain less damage, and choose targets easier.
Too defensive(or "survivalist" probably is a better term) then people run away and then gives birth to nascar or gives the opponents confidence; again leaving people alone to get shot down and slowly the team gets singled down.

The best games I have are when each team sticks together, both continually working on finding a weakness and then taking advantage of that.

#10 Vashko

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 09 August 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

1. New Mechlab. New UI. New Mechs. LFG, VOIP, Chats.
2. Guess Lab and UI falls under this too. Big re-work(s) are Maps. River City now and Forest Colony soon.
3. None come to mind right away.
4. I don't meta, I play. Someone else with MWO gaming spreadsheets can help.
5. Clan Wave Mech packs, IS resistance packs, new Hero/champion mechs, the Urbie!

Current status is good and improving. Added regional servers. Patches twice a month. Timely hotfixes. Steam release in near future and next beta phase of Community Warfare (section that needs most attention atm) is just on the horizon if you are into teamwork/group play.

Best advice after 6 months; download and give it a shot yourself and make up your own mind.

:)

Hope you stick around.

Will do :)

Thank you all for answering :)

#11 Savage Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:36 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 09 August 2015 - 01:27 PM, said:

No, this is what happens when it's kill-based gameplay and mainly goes by strength in numbers. Respawns aren't going to change anything except drag out what's already happening. If a team doesn't have a healthy dose of both offense and defense then that's when you see the stomps.
Too aggressive and people who didn't get the memo or weren't as enthusiastic get left behind and thus weakens the front line, reducing firepower, and the amount of targets. Making the other side sustain less damage, and choose targets easier.
Too defensive(or "survivalist" probably is a better term) then people run away and then gives birth to nascar or gives the opponents confidence; again leaving people alone to get shot down and slowly the team gets singled down.

The best games I have are when each team sticks together, both continually working on finding a weakness and then taking advantage of that.

This guy gets it. And the matchmaker, no matter how good, can't fix that. Only good game design can.

Lets not go off-topic for a joke remark.

#12 Savage Wolf

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 1,323 posts
  • LocationÅrhus, Denmark

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:26 AM

View PostLugh, on 10 August 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

Good game design cannot ever make stupid people that don't understand their own personal limitations and strengths suddenly become enlightened, build better mechs and GIT GHUD.

It simply doesn't happen. Those that are bad and refuse to see it, will ALWAYS blame the game design, when the failure is in their own abject failure to recognize the best part of that game design and then utilize it to profit.

Uhm... even with good players the game tends towards snowballing. Bad players just increase a tendency inherent to the design of the game. So no, this is the fault of the game design. I've just accepted it as part of the game.

#13 Charronn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 493 posts
  • LocationPictland

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

Play and find out for yourself.
Lazy arse.

#14 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:06 PM

Same game as before just with some UI changes. Couple new maps that are nothing special, so same repetitive meaningless c-bill grind just to get different mechs.

If you have ntohing else to do with your time download and try it out, but I have gotten back into it for the last week and already getting bored with it again. Aside from the balance issues PGI really neads to add some more content instead of 'MechPakz for moneyz!'

#15 Speedy Plysitkos

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationMech Junkyard

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:11 PM

View PostCharronn, on 10 August 2015 - 01:14 PM, said:

Play and find out for yourself.
Lazy arse.

Posted Image

#16 Lootee

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:45 PM

Worse.

#17 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:28 PM

they got rid of ghost heat on the AC/2 (at least last i checked it was still gone)
so there is that at least....

#18 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:11 PM

View PostM4rtyr, on 10 August 2015 - 02:06 PM, said:

Same game as before just with some UI changes. Couple new maps that are nothing special, so same repetitive meaningless c-bill grind just to get different mechs.

If you have ntohing else to do with your time download and try it out, but I have gotten back into it for the last week and already getting bored with it again. Aside from the balance issues PGI really neads to add some more content instead of 'MechPakz for moneyz!'

Yep since I installed MWLL I haven't played MWO much unless somebody asks.

PGI could make MWO a stellar game by using MWLL as inspiration. active/passive radar is a huge thing for scouting when not every mech effectively has a c3slave, and balance is achieved because there is no mechlab every chassi is different and good at different jobs/playstyles

monetizing to unlock prefered loadouts via mech chassis is much more enjoyable than mechpacks based on hardpoint location meta.

#19 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:25 PM

1. Hardly anything in the last 6 months worth noting as a new feature, the mechlab keeps getting worse but at least I have my mech select screen back.

2. ECM is getting a range nerf but other than that MGs and Flamers are useless and LBX cannons are pretty bad beyond 200m

3. I can't think of anything that has been removed from MWO.

4. I don't follow the meta http://metamechs.com/ this website does. Laser vomit with tons of DHS are meta.

5. The Awesome is getting a rework in size and new mechs are out and some are coming out and the mech pack formula is the current craze in real money.

#20 Inveramsay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 621 posts
  • LocationStar's End

Posted 11 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

The meta currently is lots of lasers or lots of lasers combined with a gauss rifle. This said however, autocannons and srms are better than they were six months ago. I don't really play lrms so can't comment on those

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users