What’S The Best Is Heavy And What’S The Best Clan Heavy And Why?

93 replies to this topic

#81 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 10 August 2015 - 09:54 AM, said:

This is why Ive begun shooting dragons first over assault mechs...right there....

Overquirked BS >.>

Yes, Dragon 1N is overquirked, but it's one of the very few mechs completely against the current meta that's somehow effective. That's why I love them!

#82 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 10 August 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Yeah, I get it. Now how many IS mechs in this thread are being held up SOLELY because of their great quirks, and who are the underdogs, that are still damn good mechs despite their lack of quirks? Thunderbolt and Dragons were absolute tier 5 trash before quirks, and Paul can send them back to the trash heap any time he wants to.

I'm looking at you Grasshopper & Cataphract. After the quirkening 2.0, we can come back and discuss who is still standing. They're good mechs that can still pull more than their share TODAY. Not Timbergods, but not artificially placed on a pedestal either.

I would say Jagermech is better contender for an IS mech that is good even without quirks, rather than the low armed Cataphract.

Edited by El Bandito, 10 August 2015 - 10:02 AM.

#83 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostAscaloth, on 10 August 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

Yes, Dragon 1N is overquirked, but it's one of the very few mechs completely against the current meta that's somehow effective. That's why I love them!

I just don't feel like I should be getting nearly cored by these by the time I manage to kill one in my banshee....And yess I was rolling the damage.

#84 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:03 AM

View PostFupDup, on 10 August 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

He probably meant to say the Hellbringer/Loki.

I know, i know.
I just couldn't resist making that obviously forced and terrible pun.

#85 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:07 AM

For IS?
I would have to say Thunderbolt, which wasn't always the case, but Quirks have made them that way, dumb down their quirks and they're right back to mediocre.
Same deal for Quickdraw, used to be 100% mediocre and quirks have done alot for it.

Used to be Cataphract's and Jagmechs mostly.

For Clan?
Its hard to say, but Timberwolf and Hellbringer I would put on top, closely followed by CauldronBorn.
They're all top tier, maybe of the entire game's worth of mechs.

There fixed it..

#86 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 10 August 2015 - 10:03 AM, said:

I just don't feel like I should be getting nearly cored by these by the time I manage to kill one in my banshee....And yess I was rolling the damage.

most time when your fighting a dragon pilot they have pretty much mastered torso twisting because thats the only way they are still on the field. also it helps when people ignore them to .

so most of the time your up against some stiff competition when faced with a dragon.

Edited by nitra, 10 August 2015 - 10:15 AM.

#87 Big Tin Man

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 10 August 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

I would say Jagermech is better contender for an IS mech that is good even without quirks, rather than the low armed Cataphract.

Most Jager loadouts require XL's, and their shoulders just don't stand up as well against clan tech. Cataphracts are slightly more durable, so there's a tradeoff here that I feel favors the phract. I do agree that Jagers can be good without quirks, I just think dual gauss and ac40 is boring as all hell to run.

#88 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

View Postnitra, on 10 August 2015 - 10:10 AM, said:

most time when your fighting a dragon pilot they have pretty much mastered torso twisting because thats the only way they are still on the field. also it helps when we people ignore them to .

so most of the time your up against some stiff competition when faced with a dragon.

Yeah ive just gone back to Lopping off the arm.

TBH most of the ones I see just...stand there and shoot relying on the screen shake to make people back off. When I realize its only a dragon And actually focus on my aim the majority just explode, or get thier arm lopped off and stand there stupidly.

#89 nitra

• Philanthropist
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

View PostxXBagheeraXx, on 10 August 2015 - 10:16 AM, said:

Yeah ive just gone back to Lopping off the arm.

TBH most of the ones I see just...stand there and shoot relying on the screen shake to make people back off. When I realize its only a dragon And actually focus on my aim the majority just explode, or get thier arm lopped off and stand there stupidly.

whats surprising is how quickly people have forgotten how easy that arm is to shatter.

but shhh lets not remind them.

#90 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostFupDup, on 10 August 2015 - 09:18 AM, said:

Then we have LRMs that are...LRMs, and SRMs that are viable but require super short range

LRMs cant even be engaged at long range and hit with ANY kind of ability lol

#91 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:24 AM

View Postnitra, on 10 August 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

whats surprising is how quickly people have forgotten how easy that arm is to shatter.

but shhh lets not remind them.

It's really a pain when they focus my arm instead of the big CT.

Even worse when they alpha the component where i put almost all my ammo (12 tons total)...

That's why I use to pick the flanker role, attacking unsuspected mechs and retreating before they get reinforcements. Or mowing the reinforcements, if they come one by one :P

#92 Top Leliel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

I would say Thunderbolt for IS.

For Clan, Ebon Jaguar has more spare tonnage and a lower profile, but Timber Wolf is tougher and can take jump jets. A toss up imo.

#93 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:57 AM

IS - Thunderbolts because of broken quirks

Clans - depends on what you're using it for. I'd say timberwolf all around because it is more durable than the EBJ, Mad Dogs or Hellbringers but i find the weight savings from using the lighter heavies is very valuable for CW. The EBJ in particular can have some very custom loadouts and high mounted hardpoints that the timberwolf can't field the same way. For public queue i'd say Timberwolf, CW i'd say EBJ with the Hellbringer as a second pick.

#94 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,994 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:01 PM

Getting to the why side of things I think the TW/Clans wide verity of load outs make it top dog on both sides

The IS I am still not sure you would think their ability to change the engines would give them a lot of flexibility

with an IS XL vs. STD engine to me it means either I die with my XL or I get all my weapons shot off then I die with my STD engine

Not much difference in effective combat time for me

Anyway lot more fun thread then the cry cry cry threads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users