#1 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:32 AM

Greetings Fellow Mechwarriors,

I have been a bit toxic about the Arctic Cheetahs lately because I do have reason to believe, they are OP. Now, I reasoned whether or not to give it a try and watch it from the other side, i.e. buying the ACH-Package for 30 US-Dollars in order to see, if I can verify my assumptions from another POV.

First of all, finding buyable packages on the front page is not the most intuitive thing. I found that I needed to go through the gift store or click through the scroll box. But that's an aside.

When I located the Hankyu-Package (which should be named after the actual `mech or top-mech you're trying to buy in order not to confuse newbies btw), it says I would get:
  • Arctic Cheetah: 1 Prime 'Invasion' Variant featuring a 30% C-Bill boost and Special Geometry, plus 2 Standard Variants

But which ones?
I deem, that from the list below, that the Prime (I) variant will be the first one. But after that? A and B? B and C? A and C? Can I choose? And what about parts that did not come with my package, for example C-variant arm Omnipods? They are not freely available in the game yet, but can I buy them to fit onto my other variants or are those exclusive to the preorders until everything becomes available for MC/CB?

tl;dr:
I think the store needs to be reworked in order for new peoply not to be confused and driven away from necessary (for PGI) purchases. Be clear, what the customer will get and be obvious where and how to get it.

#2 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:08 AM

From experience, the right most variant is the variant limited to the early prepurchase window. The same variant is usually made available some time after initial release. You will get the Prime, A, and B variants.

As for OP, I really doubt it unless one considers the Firestarter to be OP. Is the Arctic Cheetah a Tier 1 Light? Definitely. Is it OP? Debatable.

#3 Odinvolk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationUnder The Atlas, Fixing A Hydraulics Leak

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

Fallout 4 will sell in the millions. Good game developers do not rely on cheap tricks to sell DLCs "Mech packs" to survive...
I would pay proper retail price of 90-100 $ for a working MW game. I would pay a monthly subscription for an Online MW game that actually works.

This game needs a change in management and development team. Whomever fronts PGI the cash needs to grow a pair and replace the "team" that spent two years and can't get past Beta stage...

#4 SpiralFace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:17 AM

This is something they have already learned.

Check out the origin's package. the IIC package has the "early adopter variant" clearly stated in the mech spec's screen.

I am curious that if they are running these sales indefinitely, they should probably go back and clarify and clean out some of the early adopter content that no longer applies to anyone purchasing the package. Or at the very least make it more clear.

But to the OP, they seemed to have already learned that lesson for future releases through both the mechspecs screen, and the FAQ that CLEARLY states the availability of early adopter mechs in addition to other mechs.

#5 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

View PostOdinvolk, on 10 August 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

Fallout 4 will sell in the millions. Good game developers do not rely on cheap tricks to sell DLCs "Mech packs" to survive...
I would pay proper retail price of 90-100 $ for a working MW game. I would pay a monthly subscription for an Online MW game that actually works.

This game needs a change in management and development team. Whomever fronts PGI the cash needs to grow a pair and replace the "team" that spent two years and can't get past Beta stage...

WE front PGI the cash right now....SO stop buying. MECHPACKS anyone?

You will get a Prime (I) with a 30% boost, the A and B but the C was for early adopters. You must wait forever for it to come into the Store first for MC then 6 weeks later or some BS for cbills.

#6 SpiralFace

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationAlshain

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:23 AM

Ok, so thats one person, now how many more will take that?

For all the crap that F2P puts up with, there is one thing that I can GUARANTEE you. If it was a full blown boxed copy with a subscription service, you won't get the players you have in the game currently.

If you have a boxed copy, you can count on ZERO updates happening to it post release. As all other box copys show, not everyone will buy map packs, and DLC content release to increase the experience. (Thus fragmenting the population more and more as the game goes on.)

Boxed copies for a nitche product do not work. Unless you are willing to state the last time you purchased a full boxed copy game that WASN'T distributed through the major game publishers (Activision/Blizzard, EA, Sony, Microsoft, Ubisoft, Disney,etc,) at full retail price and can assure that you get thousands of others to do the same, then its something that sounds like a great pipe dream if everyone got on board. But sadly, that is not the world we live in, and I can guarantee you that many of the players that play this game f2p would probably have never tried it in the first place if there was a full retail price tag on the entry level experience for the game.

#7 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

Yeah I doubt I will touch this game for a long time once that game comes out....heck metal gear solid 5 will keep me away for a good while as well. This company just isn't big enough to be able to compete with earlier mechwarrior games ambitions.

As for the guy that said so just stop buying mech packs. You are right but this would also be the death of the game and a fair number of whales still want to play this game religiously for some reason. They will probably kill themselves once this game is no longre serviceable.

#8 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:00 AM

Shot.

You get shot, basically.

#9 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

Thank you all for the answers!

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 10 August 2015 - 10:08 AM, said:

From experience, the right most variant is the variant limited to the early prepurchase window. The same variant is usually made available some time after initial release. You will get the Prime, A, and B variants.

View PostSpiralFace, on 10 August 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

This is something they have already learned.

But to the OP, they seemed to have already learned that lesson for future releases through both the mechspecs screen, and the FAQ that CLEARLY states the availability of early adopter mechs in addition to other mechs.

View PostDarthRevis, on 10 August 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

You will get a Prime (I) with a 30% boost, the A and B but the C was for early adopters. You must wait forever for it to come into the Store first for MC then 6 weeks later or some BS for cbills.

This is what I would have guessed if I had to.

But does any of you know what happens to the C Omnipods? Clearly, they are not openly available, but can you buy them if you've got other chassis' as well or would those also be reserved until MC/CB availability?

#10 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 10 August 2015 - 11:30 AM, said:

But does any of you know what happens to the C Omnipods? Clearly, they are not openly available, but can you buy them if you've got other chassis' as well or would those also be reserved until MC/CB availability?

You can get them (as with any mech) once they become available for Cbills. You can just buy the pods at that point, and not the whole variant. Not for a few months, you'd need to consult the FAQ for the date.

#11 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:35 AM

The C pods are purchased locked. You get them with the C, but that is the only set of pods you get until they become available for MC or C-bills. For those who got them, they need to be shuffled to from variant to variant to be used.

Edited by Nathan Foxbane, 10 August 2015 - 11:36 AM.

#12 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:37 AM

You cannot buy them at all right now, anyone who owns the C variant can take them off the C and then put them on a different variant. But even us who own the C cannot buy any more....We have one set until they become avail for either MC or Cbills.

You will not get the variant OR access to the C pods until they come out for purchase at a later date.

Edited by DarthRevis, 10 August 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#13 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:14 PM

You get a cheesy mech that will artificially inflate your ELO until you start fighting the veteran light pilots (like me) if you're already a decent light jockey you may even end up fighting the elite light mech pilots. At which point you'll either become a good light pilot or you'll just keep getting wrecked by people in their lolcusts.

#14 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:57 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 10 August 2015 - 12:14 PM, said:

You get a cheesy mech that will artificially inflate your ELO until you start fighting the veteran light pilots (like me) if you're already a decent light jockey you may even end up fighting the elite light mech pilots. At which point you'll either become a good light pilot or you'll just keep getting wrecked by people in their lolcusts.

Define Cheesy and then tell me which lights you think are not that?

#15 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:30 PM

View PostDarthRevis, on 10 August 2015 - 01:57 PM, said:

Define Cheesy and then tell me which lights you think are not that?

Any and all that I don't use or am annoyed with at the moment.

#16 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:36 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 10 August 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

Any and all that I don't use or am annoyed with at the moment.

Soooo every 'Mech?

#17 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 10 August 2015 - 03:36 PM, said:

Soooo every 'Mech?

Lol, somedays. I'm just currently grumpy about the cheeto having more health than my jenner due to it's quirks.

#18 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:24 PM

Maybe you should also lose your job because of what some random person said on the internet.

#19 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:36 PM

The ACH is a tier 1 light. It is very similar to the FS9 with ECM.

However no light mechs are OP. The light queue has a steady 10% of the queue for a reason.

When heavies can move like mediums and carry almost as much firepower as most assaults your 100 armor'd light mechs die quickly.

Also the majority of the rewards earned for playing are damage and kill related so light mechs are already at a disadvantage in firepower.

I've seen a FS9 and an ACH get 5 kills and do 800+ damage, but that is rare..very very rare. The people who can produce those kinds of results with light mechs are few and far between pilots.

#20 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

Odinvolk is bad person and should be replaced with malfunctioning robot programmed by PGI.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users