Which Would You Prefer And Why? Armour Or Internal Structure?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:27 AM

Like the title asks. Which would you pefer to have more of? More armour for the enemy to melt or destroy before it gets to your internals or more internal structures so once your armour is gone it takes it more to destroy that internal structure (like the inside of a side torso or center torso)?

Me personally I would take more internal structures. I really don't have a good reason just prefer internal structures.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

Armour is better. Structure means you take 15% more damage whenever there is a crit, while armour is always x damage.

You can't lose equipment to crits with armour.

Leg Structure also increases fall damage because of the formula, while armour doesn't.

Edited by Mcgral18, 11 August 2015 - 10:29 AM.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:46 AM

Armor is clearly better.

Internal Structure on legs is asking for increased leg damage that's being scaled by the fall damage formula.

#4 Ascaloth

NUMERO UM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 569 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 11 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

Look, for example, the Dragon 1N right arm. It has structure bonus, but sometimes you get a crit and lose one AC/5 with the structure still bright yellow.
I'd take armor over structure anytime.

#5 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:12 PM

If they wanted Crits to really matter they should have tripled IS instead of doubling armour.

#6 LMP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 277 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

So does this mean that using the Endo-Steel structure makes your Mech more vulnerable?

#7 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 11 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

View PostLMP, on 11 August 2015 - 02:26 PM, said:

So does this mean that using the Endo-Steel structure makes your Mech more vulnerable?

No, the Endo doesn't give you more structure, it just make the same amount lighter.

#8 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:35 PM

I want more internal structure. DOUBLE internal structure.

And a fully fledged crit system.

I want to feel as though my venerable and ancient war machine is fighting to it's last gasp as it slowly dies around me. I want to feel that losing the armour from a torso doesn't necessitate that I cower behind rocks for the rest of a match. I want fights where going for the CT of an enemy alone isn't generally the most efficient and preferred method of killing - where you must always study an enemy and their loadout for a few seconds before deciding on the best way to kill them.

I want damaged actuators to seize and scream in protest as metal scrapes across metal, weapons to take progressive damage and become less reliable, gyros to be hit and destabilized, damaged engines to cough and produce unpredictable power and heat spikes, arm actuators to lock up, smoke to fill cockpits, leg damage to produce limping, missile launchers to have tubes disabled if they are damaged...

#9 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:44 PM

If I had to choose, then I favor armor also.

But more IS eventually would be nice too

#10 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:19 PM

View PostKiiyor, on 11 August 2015 - 03:35 PM, said:

I want more internal structure. DOUBLE internal structure.

And a fully fledged crit system.

I want to feel as though my venerable and ancient war machine is fighting to it's last gasp as it slowly dies around me. I want to feel that losing the armour from a torso doesn't necessitate that I cower behind rocks for the rest of a match. I want fights where going for the CT of an enemy alone isn't generally the most efficient and preferred method of killing - where you must always study an enemy and their loadout for a few seconds before deciding on the best way to kill them.

I want damaged actuators to seize and scream in protest as metal scrapes across metal, weapons to take progressive damage and become less reliable, gyros to be hit and destabilized, damaged engines to cough and produce unpredictable power and heat spikes, arm actuators to lock up, smoke to fill cockpits, leg damage to produce limping, missile launchers to have tubes disabled if they are damaged...

Sounds like a mech sim fantasy we'll never get...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users