30 replies to this topic

#1 Hades Trooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:29 AM

So playing in the latest event i was on conquest on the oceanic server on Viridian Bog, What a hell hole that place but thats another thread.

So i'm using a dual ultra ac/20 warhawk and kicking butt and taking names. When after so many targets wanting death i ran out of ammo after my side torso went up in flames with 2 tonnes of ammo still.

So down to half a mech 29% health after dropping off cliffs and spreading the damage all over i finally ran out of ammo and now a hunchback had me in his sights, where up to 600 points to there 400 and i yelled out like a little girl for the team to save me as the hunchback 4G took offense to me stripping his ac/20 and now out of ammo he was coming in for the kill.

Team saves my hide and we have a useless Mad DoG capping whos at 99% health.

I give him a blast saying the team needs help it's 8-7 but i'm out of ammo and weapons so he's needed asap the teams going down hard.

I capped a base so now it's 4 bases to 0 and start heading to the final base when bam, 3 people die in a row in under 6 seconds and one was the fresh Maddog. Now things are looking bleak, i can't exactly out run the Firestarter Raven i had seen still lurking around.

So i walk up to the half shell of that bug in the swamp where a lot of combat happens, drive into the wall, and power down. Now i've lost a torso and my other arm had lost all armour so i look like a smoking wreck. It's 9-11 and were lossing but up on points.

So i'm waiting for the bases to tick over hoping one way or another we win and what do i hear? A mech walked past my smoking wreck looking for the final mech or going to base idk but playing dead saved my KDR, plus it WON us the game.

Victory on points 750 to 600 odd , 9-11 kills and the last mech was out of ammo and under 30% health.

That's how u sand bag for the win in my books :ph34r:Posted Image

Edited by Hades Trooper, 13 August 2015 - 01:06 PM.

#2 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 12:56 AM

Well clutched and smartly played, Sir !

#3 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:10 AM

Ripping good yarn, sir!

How is that sandbagging though?

PS: Nice sig, Rad Hanzo

#4 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:04 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 13 August 2015 - 01:10 AM, said:

Ripping good yarn, sir!

How is that sandbagging though?

PS: Nice sig, Rad Hanzo

Perhaps i have it wrong but i was hiding like a little {Dezgra} to get the win!!

#5 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:17 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 13 August 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

So playing in the latest event i was on conquest on the oceanic server on Viridian Bog, What a hell hole that place but thats another thread.

So i'm using a dual ultra ac/20 warhawk and kicking butt and taking names. When after so many targets wanting death i ran out of ammo after my side torso went up in flames with 2 tonnes of ammo still.

So down to half a mech 29% health after dropping off cliffs and spreading the damage all over i finally ran out of ammo and now a hunchback had me in his sights, where up to 600 points to there 400 and i yelled out like a little girl for the team to save me as the hunchback 4G took offense to me stripping his ac/20 and now out of ammo he was coming in for the kill.

Team saves my hide and we have a useless Mad DoG capping whos at 99% health.

I give him a blast saying the team needs help it's 8-7 but i'm out of ammo and weapons so he's needed asap the teams going down hard.

I capped a base so now it's 4 bases to 0 and start heading to the final base when bam, 3 people die in a row in under 6 seconds and one was the fresh Maddog. Now things are looking bleak, i can't exactly out run the Firestarter i had seen still lurking around.

So i walk up to the half shell of that bug in the swamp where a lot of combat happens, drive into the wall, and power down. Now i've lost a torso and my other arm had lost all armour so i look like a smoking wreck. It's 9-11 and were lossing but up on points.

So i'm waiting for the bases to tick over hoping one way or another we win and what do i hear? A mech walked past my smoking wreck looking for the final mech or going to base idk but playing dead saved my KDR, plus it WON us the game.

Victory on points 750 to 600 odd , 9-11 kills and the last mech was out of ammo and under 30% health.

That's how u sand bag for the win in my books :ph34r:Posted Image

You must have had smart teammates that shut up to allow you to pull that one off. The few times I've tried this I've been 'ratted' out by fools that were in a hurry.

#6 Hotthedd

• The People's Hero
  • 3,213 posts
  • LocationDixie

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:22 AM

From looking at that screenshot:

WHK OP, PGI plz nerf. ;)

#7 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

Sounds like one of those epic matches a player get rarely. Grats.

#8 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 05:44 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 13 August 2015 - 05:27 AM, said:

Sounds like one of those epic matches a player get rarely. Grats.

Yeah thanks Johnny, it's only the 3rd time ever i've manage to pull off a power down till the end thing and the 1st time it's won the match for us.

#9 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

Thats not what sandbagging means....

Awesome match though! and im gonna have to try a dual 20 brawl hawk....sounds fun.

#10 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:10 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 13 August 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

Thats not what sandbagging means....

Awesome match though! and im gonna have to try a dual 20 brawl hawk....sounds fun.

Yeah make sure it's ultra 20's though, otherwise you have issues on space for ammo. Plus for that projectile speed and target information i use a mk1 TC also. rest just ammo. Though it can be tough as it only carries 9 tonnes of ammo for both ultra 20's

tried using 2 ultra 10's but doesn't pack enough punch to worry other assaults.

2 ultra 20's and any assault mech wants to back off from constant stream of ac/20 rounds

#11 Nathan Foxbane

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,984 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:22 AM

That is not sand bagging. That is carrying hard enough.

Sand bagging is intentionally performing poorly and becoming dead weight that drags down a team.

#12 Lynx7725

• 1,710 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 09:23 AM

It's a good account and you did good. However...

Looking at the enemy team score, if their Raven had gone to uncap the bases, it might have been a lot closer or even a loss for you. So partly, it's poor choice on the enemy side too, that contributed to your win. They probably lost sight of the game's objective and let it get away from them.

I'm not trying to take away from what you achieved, mind you. It's a good call and as good a play as any.

Edited by Lynx7725, 13 August 2015 - 09:24 AM.

#13 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:06 AM

View PostNathan Foxbane, on 13 August 2015 - 09:22 AM, said:

That is not sand bagging. That is carrying hard enough.

Sand bagging is intentionally performing poorly and becoming dead weight that drags down a team.

When I hear sandbagging I think of the time that my family ran a bowling alley.

League bowlers would get a handicap based on some of their previous performances. A lot of the time, bowlers would sandbag (bowl poorly on purpose) to get a better handicap.

That is what I think sandbagging means but I could be wrong.

Edited by Xetelian, 13 August 2015 - 10:08 AM.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

i did something similar in a no armor gargie awhile back. i believe i had gauss and some lasers. the lasers got shot off and i had 7 gauss round left. the only remaining armor was in my head, the torso and arm were gone on the laser side. what was left was painted red, a busted locust with a single machine gun would have made short work of me. i was hiding amongst the trees and bug bits (also on bog) shooting at mechs on one of the raised areas through the trees, they had their hands full with the last two mechs on my team and i figure id use those last few rounds to support the mechs on the hill. my brawling days were over at this point. so im down to 3 rounds when the last 2 mechs folded. somone yells to me over comms to stay alive. still hidden i lurk out the back, already about 600 meters from the action. at this point the scores are close and they see blood. i see some is medium lasers passing next to me, im out of range but the enemy doesnt care. this is where the gargies speed comes in handy, i made it to the end of the map, presumably whoever shot at me lost me in the brush. i inetnionally fall into the pit and shut down. the score was at 720 at that time, and they hadnt even thought to break cap yet. some seconds later the victory screen pops up.

#15 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:15 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 13 August 2015 - 12:29 AM, said:

So i'm waiting for the bases to tick over hoping one way or another we win and what do i hear? A mech walked past my smoking wreck looking for the final mech or going to base idk but playing dead saved my KDR ...

You powered down to save your KDR?! BOO! I'm reporting you!

;)

Edited by Mystere, 13 August 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 10:18 AM

conquest is one of the few exceptions to the rule. shutting down for yourself is one thing, shutting down to win for the team is something entirely different.

#17 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:01 PM

View PostMystere, on 13 August 2015 - 10:15 AM, said:

You powered down to save your KDR?! BOO! I'm reporting you!

;)

Well the saving my KDR was a by product of trying to win by any means and if that meant hiding then so be it :P

Edited by Hades Trooper, 13 August 2015 - 01:04 PM.

#18 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 13 August 2015 - 01:09 PM

View PostLugh, on 13 August 2015 - 05:17 AM, said:

You must have had smart teammates that shut up to allow you to pull that one off. The few times I've tried this I've been 'ratted' out by fools that were in a hurry.

Smart perhaps, i think more like 6 of them had already left the match and those left could see what i was up too given the points score. So i would like to think a few where smart as you say.

#19 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:37 AM

all praise the shut down warhawk stealth win!

#20 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 August 2015 - 06:40 AM

That will teach them to bring a BAP/CAP! :lol:

Edited by El Bandito, 14 August 2015 - 06:41 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users